test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old mission... Where to read the rules?

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
I keep getting a mission telling me to read the rules for ToO. I do not have the item level to run that stuff so I have no interest, but I figure "Go read the rules and be done with it".

Except I wasn't.
It says to talk to the wandering minstrel or whatever he calls himself and I do that, but the mission remains.

So I abandon the mission, but it constantly reappears.

So where are the rules to read?
How can I get that garbage out of my mission queue and off of my screen?

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Same here. I get the "Read the rules" mission but regardless of what I do, or who I talk to it the thing can't be cleared...

I figure it's just another bug that's hasn't been addressed or is being ignored and since there isn't any reward for actually doing the quest anyway I just pretend it isn't there and hope there is some way of abandoning it after the event is over.

I did clear the quest (or a similar one) when it ran previously when it ran. Of course all I learned is my item level was insufficient to participate in the Tales of Old quest... My question is if a player has an item level too low to run Tales of Old, why are they given the quest to find out about Tales of Old in the first place? **And as I said, the player gets nada for completing the quest if they don't meet the ToO quest's requirements.
    DD~
  • abdalonangelabdalonangel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @mithrosnomore you need to talk with Nipsy, the Bard (black cat) in protector enclave near to elemental tree. And done.

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2019

@mithrosnomore you need to talk with Nipsy, the Bard (black cat) in protector enclave near to elemental tree. And done.

Yeah, the Minstrel?

Said in my first post that I did that. Mission doesn't clear.

Run the conversation all the way through and the mission is still there.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Yeah, the Minstrel?

And I might add for me, once I talked to Nipsy the bard the icon above their head dims and the only option I"m given after that is, "Goodbye".

DD~
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Yeah, the Minstrel?

And I might add for me, once I talked to Nipsy the bard the icon above their head dims and the only option I"m given after that is, "Goodbye".

For me his icon dims 'in person' (still shows on the map), but I can go through the entire conversation again and again and again.