test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign buyout glitch?

Before I report this as a glitch, has anyone experienced the Tyranny of Dragons campaign buyout not unlocking the Protect the Portal weekly quest? Maybe it’s just me. If you’ve used a campaign buyout and got the weekly unlocked, how’d you do it? Do you have to slip Harper Boward 50K AD so she’ll start offering the quest?

This is only toon I have this problem on, and the only one I used a buyout on. :( Makes me reluctant to get another buyout. Thanks.
Raven Okami
⚔️ Silver Blades ⚔️
PS4 • Playing Neverwinter since July 2017

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    It's to my understanding that even if you buy the campaign tokens to get certain events to trigger in the campaigns you still have to complete them in game if they are not part of the reward/buffs you get from the actual campaign window.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    I just went through this same thing. If I remember correctly, I had to complete the campaign all the way until near the top. To get those quests triggered you have to ask all those three people surrounding Harper in PE. There were other weird issues. Sometimes, in the areas that have dragon fights, like Whispering Caverns, Rothe Valley, etc... sometimes the people there associated with receiving the daily dragon quest will have quests triggered that you won't know about unless you go there. In other words, they will have quests that aren't assigned by any of the people in PE and until you complete them, the quests in PE won't trigger.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I've never been a "fan" of the campaign buyouts, but if what @autumnwitch said is correct, then you must go into the Whispering Caverns, take the quest given by Drann Barrow, and kill the dracolich Vilithrax. That should unlock it. You will see a small cut scene where they mumble something about leaving to the Portal to Tuern. I find it very dubious that you need to do anything at all after paying $20 to skip the entire campaign. The only time I was forced to purchase a campaign buyout was due to a glitch caused by an update to Element Evil.

Best of luck with it. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Don't worry if Boward sends you. Run down there and talk to the guy and see if it will trigger it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    I have a toon about ready to do this sequence. I will let you know what I do to get it to trigger

Nope. That didn’t work. Went to Whispering Caverns, killed Vilithrax, got HE rewards, no cutscene. Weekly still not unlocked.

Once again, no one offers the normal quests to kill Vilithrax or fight the cult in Whispering Caverns. Seems like those quests were never unlocked as part of the campaign buyout.

On last thing, have you gone to the campaign window and completed the task "Assist the Zhentarim" and collected your reward? The portal part won't trigger until that is rewarded.

It was auto-completed as part of the campaign buyout, auto gave me all the cloaks, just never unlocked the repeatable quests except Neverdeath. For some reason that’s the odd one out, the rest just haven’t appeared.

All I can think is that the campaign buyout just didn’t flip all the switches. It completed the campaign window tasks, gave me the rewards, but the repeatable Tyranny of Dragons quests from Ebon Downs to Whispering Caverns were never activated, so now they remain locked/invisible to just this one character because of the campaign buyout.

Can you post an image of the view of the campaign highlighted on the "Legacy Campaign" window and then a screen shot of what the campaign looks like once you select it?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Been there. Done that. Deleted my Photobucket account.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    greywynd said:

Been there. Done that. Deleted my Photobucket account.

Imgur works much better, though using these forums if you are on a mobile device is not recommended because they don't support HTML from mobile devices (something we moderators have been requesting for years now).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I am a fan of Postimage.org no account required. Back on topic, my buddy @blargskull said, you must finish all these introductory quests listed on the wiki.
    wb-cenders.gif
    @harerazor#0852 then at this point, I would file this under bugs, and/or PM @nitocris83 or @mimicking#6533 to find out if there is something everyone is overlooking. Personally I never used the campaign buyout token other than to repair the developer's error on the PC they never addressed. Stardust was only missing 1 corrupted text. These sell for $20 (2000 zen) and even paying for them in the AH is still costing your time making the AD. If this is broken, I wouldn't like paying for something that doesn't work 100% either. If it is some minor quest you need to finish on your end, they should add it to the token or have a disclaimer. I know not playing the Harper quest is costing you 4,500 AD per week.

Once more, I wish you well getting that to work. Good luck! :+1:
    wb-cenders.gif