test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tell me 3 things you want to see in Module 18

exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Be as direct as possible:
  1. A new class, because it's time for this.
  2. A new Masterwork tier, to craft BiS gear again, for real. Professions is very outdated for several months, and we need this AD sink, a good incentive to convert ZEN for AD.
  3. A PvP IL cap (just like happen in Dungeons) with better and exclusive rewards. PvP always was extremely P2W, so a 10000 IL cap or lower, is a good step to balance (a little), the wall between end-game PvP players and people that just started the PvP.
2fv72Fw.png

Comments

• xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    1. Fix Kessel's retreat key.
    2. Fix the bug that doesnt allow us to donate some enchantments/runestones rank 6-12 to the stronghold.
    3. Yeah, Some new viable crafting recipes
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Changes in companions or slots. All DPS class need 3 offensive slots equal to classes that only have DPS paths. Some teammates need changes to which slot to allocate, ex: Neverember Guard Archer (4k Power/2k Defense). This companion could serve very well for an offensive or defensive slot, but is only available for ulitility slots.

That and the class balance would already make me happy.

I can only remember that at the moment ...
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    1) A dungeon not just made for BIS players
    2) Some type of campaign that doesn't rely on the same daily mission grind (i.e...me/we/fe runs)
    3) The companion slot change would be nice, or at least get all companions viable, right now it's just Augment companions
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    1. level appropriate rewards for current dungeons, making them worthwhile for 80 lvl characters, giving us a reason to do them...
    2. an evened PVP playing field so it can be fun for all.
    3. see 1 & 2
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    1. CC builds to be viable again.
    2. Replayability with variety (as opposed to repeating ME's, WEs, and FE's in the same maps ad nauseam).
    3. Interesting story arcs.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    1. Fun DPS Warlock
    2. Viable DPS Warlock
    3. Bug fixathon - all classes, dungeons, maps, everything.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    1°) First and Most Important thing: Fix what is not working and not working as intended.
    2°) Make the combat system fun again, the one we actually have it's extremely boring!

I agree that Recovery and Lifesteal were too strong, but Cryptic has never had an "half way" to do things. It's nothing or too much. Give as back these 2 stats, make them less effective than in the past. For example, before, dealing 1k damage could gave you back 100k HP. Too much. Make something that you can get, maximum, heal equal to half of the damage dealt. 1k damage -> 500 heal from lifesteal.
    Actually the game is boring (mainly because the combat system).

3°) Remove the scaling, bring all the old dungeons up to level 80 content.
    4°) Make the rewards from dungeons worth.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Some good suggestions.

I only have 1 really

1) Make it so its worth running dungeons with some half decent rewards such as the chance of Pres Wards, Enchanting Stones [Rank 4+], Marks of Potency [Rank 4+] or even a 1 in a 1000 chance of a Coal Ward

You could make this a VIP bonus and try get some more money in to keep the deva paid and new content created :)
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    1. Something harder and less scripted then ToMM
    2. More Unbound loot

3. Warlock buffs or/and a new class
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

or even a 1 in a 1000 chance of a Coal Ward

This already happens, Coalescent Wards (BtA) have a very low chance of dropping in any dungeon. Since I started playing the game (January, this year), I saw 2 of my friends getting it, one time in Cradle and the other in one of the epic dungeons.
    5x Pres Wards (BtA) is also a possible reward (way rarer than it should be IMO).
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Mod 18 will be just another micro transaction greed ploy ready to steal your souls my friends!

- QFT by Silverkelt the Prophet.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    There's "want to see" versus "what will likely happen."

Mod 18 will be just another micro transaction greed ploy ready to steal your souls my friends!

- QFT by Silverkelt the Prophet.

Well duh, Cryptic/PWE can't a business person without being naturally inclined towards profits.
    Whether or not the manager have the capability to think about more interesting ways to generate revenue is beyond me.

Like, say, transmute packs/skins for a non ridiculous price to go hand in hand with the new revamped transmute system...

1 a proper Warlock fix

2 a proper warlock fix

3 the build variety we had pre mod 16

You do realize "fixes" on Warlocks are just nerfs, right? :P

As for "build variety," it's arguable that the variety was only slightly less stagnant as now.
    Think about it, what did 99% of all DPS builds resemble from Mod 6 through Mod 15?

Orcus set, Feytouched/Vorpal, as high Crit as you could go until you hit 100%, meet ArmorPen requirements, 3x Bonding runestones with a melee bonding companion, then throw everything into Power?

Not much different from today, apart from systemic differences (can't go over 50% crit).

The same problems of burning through content fast exist, except that the source comes from players with high numbers from their gear, rather than needing 4 other people to buff up, or having a overtuned set of feats/powers/passives (ex: DPS GF's Knight's Challenge).

I would also argue the feats/passives in Mod 15 were almost as stagnant.Back in Mod 15, when we picked feats, how many times were there choices offered that were laughably useless versus a must have pick? Or "pick the least bad of these options available"?

You would never pick the useless feats, of which some classes were plagued with more of or less of.

Some classes, like HR, had multiple builds like Trapper/Combat that played differently and worked well. However, not all classes had that blessing.

Think about it: was there any situation in which GWFs ever run anything but Destroyer?
    Did you ever see any serious DPS spec Warlocks run Damnation?
    How many Scoundrel TRs would you see back in the day, let alone Whisperknife TRs?
    Was there any reason for GFs to run Protector when Tactician did the same job, but better?
    Did any Paladins seriously run Light spec for healing when Bond of Virtue would already overheal for hundreds of thousands anyways?

It was usually the capstones and a few selection of feats which really made builds come into their own (ex: DPS GF was Wrathful Warrior, Staggering Challenge, and Reckless Attacker, Mod 15 CW was Uncontrolled Obliteration and Elemental Reinforcement, Trapper was mostly Swiftness of the Fox, Thorned Roots, and Biting Snares, and so on for the builds available).

You could argue the same of the passives available:
    Was there any reason for DCs to pick Soothe (less aggro generation) at all?
    Did any DPS SW seriously pick any passive besides All Consuming Curse, Dust to Dust, Flames of Empowerment, or No Pity No Mercy?
    Was there any point in time where any CWs picked Storm Fury or Frost Wave?
    Did any GWF builds recommend any passives aside from Destroyer, Wrathful Determination, Steel Blitz, and Weapon Master?

You could go on and on with point out the useless vs. overwhelmingly good stuff.

So, I can see why the feats were reduced in this new system: reduce the number of feats, but make them build defining. Same with the passives: rework the passives so there's less options there to fill a tree, but more build defining.

The main problem I saw with the "rework" was that very few of the options are build defining. The only arguable ones I can think of for the DPS classes are Blade Hurricane, Storm's Fury, and Directed Flames (before the "fixes" to Smolder proccing happened).

Almost everything else is falls into "here's the small extra % damage" or "pick the least bad of these two useless/barely noticeable options".

Now, there's just less options to choose from.

a heavy round of nerfs. especially to barbies and warlocks. Tired of them being in the equation at all.
    a little less content a little more fetch quests. new content is too confusing and hard.
    a heavy focus on pvp because, yah know, that's what 99% of the community is interested in.

This thread is supposed to be about what we secretly want but know we'll never get, not what will actually happen. :joy:

• valloo#2298 valloo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    A bug free experience...HA!
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

1 a proper Warlock fix

2 a proper warlock fix

3 the build variety we had pre mod 16

You do realize "fixes" on Warlocks are just nerfs, right? :P

As for "build variety," it's arguable that the variety was only slightly less stagnant as now.
    Think about it, what did 99% of all DPS builds resemble from Mod 6 through Mod 15?

Orcus set, Feytouched/Vorpal, as high Crit as you could go until you hit 100%, meet ArmorPen requirements, 3x Bonding runestones with a melee bonding companion, then throw everything into Power?

I would also argue the feats/passives in Mod 15 were almost as stagnant.Back in Mod 15, when we picked feats, how many times were there choices offered that were laughably useless versus a must have pick? Or "pick the least bad of these options available"?

You would never pick the useless feats, of which some classes were plagued with more of or less of.

Did you ever see any serious DPS spec Warlocks run Damnation?
    Well true, as time goes by i get even more afraid to ask for a fix XD

As for variety, you're right that equipment was a one way to go (and it keeps being like that). But for feats, boons, etc. at least for warlock (which is what i can most talk about) If you had your loadouts you could run hb fury for aoe and soulbinder fury for st, plus hb templock, and damnation was not completely bad to be honest, very situational but it had its uses. For pally also, i don't recall the builds because i didn't play it intesively, but you had at least 2 ways to go on tank spec and the healadin burnadin and all those adins. For the other clases i hadn't played that much to give a feedback.
    Plus races and ability scores actually meant a thing before (pure d&d)
    Now its like "use this and this, nothing else". Even recalling dreadtheft (which i never liked) but before it had kind of a use to place a debuff, now zero XD
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    1 - My bags all of a sudden gain an extra 10 rows out of nowhere (because im a hoarder and proud of it)
    2 - All of my rough AD to be refined overnight as a nice little christmas gift
    3 - An in-game event go off without any issues

Only one of those sounds like a pipe dream to me right now. I'll let you guess which one.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Be more realistic, guys!
    2fv72Fw.png
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    exgardian said:

Be more realistic, guys!

Because you make suggestions and consider them reasonable and "realistic" what's to say some other opinions (even some of the more outlandish ones) can't be? Neverwinter is a game and can be programmed any way, whoever makes those kinds of decisions chooses.

For quite a time people had suggested inventory items should be able to be stacked higher which met a lot of resistance and reasons why it couldn't/shouldn't be done... Then VIP was introduced and low and behold ID scrolls which could only be stacked to 99 were suddenly able to be stacked to 999. Before that purchased companions who were maxed out at level 10 suddenly found their max levels increased to 15-20 with other companions getting a similar upgrade.

I'm of the opinion that there are some very good suggestions here, some probably a little on the sarcastic side and some, like my suggestion for everything currently "Bound to Character" to be changed to "Bound to Account", maybe even a little on the outlandish side - but totally doable - if someone makes up their mind it's going to happen.

That's about as "realistic" as it gets.
    DD~
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    exgardian said:

Be more realistic, guys!

what are you talking about? mine were prescient. I'm tired of disappoint so I've decided to embrace the bear.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    1) Break the game into two possible ( level 40 - 80 ) campaign paths:
    1st = Underdark - Dreadring - IceWind Dale - Stormking's Thunder - Chult - Undermountain
    2nd = Elemental Evil - Sharandar - Tyranny of Dragons - River District - Ravenloft - Waterdeep

2) Break all of the Paragons into classes and add 9 more to make 25 classes with 5 roles:

Tank: Juscticar, Sentinel, Dreadnaught, Gladiator, Vangard
    Healer: Devout, (Warlock), (Paladin), Druid, Shaman
    Support: Whisperknife, Trapmaster, Summoner, Bard, Alchemist
    Close DPS: Fighter, Blademaster, Assassin, Arcanist, Monk
    Range DPS: Thaumaturge, (Warlock), Arbiter, Archer, Chronomancer

3) Add an ultimate final hardmode campaign in a future mod... Level 80-100 in which experience per level increases exponentially... it would take years to get to level 100, which would be more of a status symbol than an expectation.

4) Upgradable equipment: all equipment can be upgraded twice. Each upgrade gives you an IL increase equal to 20% of (1200 - base equipment IL). Upgrading requires player to have the level associated with the new IL. For Example:

Ring of the Shadowstalker:
    714 IL (level 70)
    +5,141 Armor Penetration
    +3,427 Combat Advantage

Ring of the Shadowstalker+
    811 IL (level 77)
    +5,839 Armor Penetration
    +3,892 Combat Advantage

Ring of the Shadowstalker++
    908 IL (level 84)
    +6,632 Armor Penetration
    +4,358 Combat Advantage

5) Mini-pets with a collectable purpose:
    Players can slot up to 25 mini-pets (slots unlock as you level)

White: +200 to a stat --> .2% crit severity, AP gain, move speed, control, control resist, -->.1% recovery speed
    Green: +300 to a stat
    Blue: +400 to a stat
    Purple: +500 to a stat
    Gold: +600 to a stat --> .6% crit severity, AP gain, move speed, control, control resist, -->.3% recovery speed

6) Going Beyond the 50,000 = 50% barrier:

Every 2,000 Combat Advantage gives 1% extra CA bonus after 50,000 (new cap at 150%)
    Every 3,000 Deflect gives 1% extra deflect chance after 50,000 (new cap at 75%)
    Every 4,000 Crit gives 1% extra critical chance after 50,000 (new cap at 75%)
    Every 5,000 Defense gives 1% extra defense after 50,000 (new cap at 75%)
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Give us 100% crit chance back.
    Having crit capped and pulling act up to see you've crit 17% of the time out of ~800 hits is sad (talking only ability that can crit, duelist flurry for who is interested)
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    1- More roleplaying and animation tools. I had organized in the past and will still organize (less frequently) some "light" RP events for our ally, like Miss&Mister elections, Olympic Games, Ally has talent, etc, but I feel like I'm technically very limited by the game, especially since the foundry is gone, about what i can do or organize as RP animations.
    Would also love to see a couple of real DMs around NWO, droping some RP "driven by human" quests/events (even if i never have the chance to get in one). Scripted events are nice, but...

2- Enhancement of the stronghold : more interractible objets, personnalization, quests, daily events (marauders and dragon flight are ok, i guess, but would be cool to see more)

3- Make mastercraft relevant again (and durably).
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It is better to wish for stuff for mod 19, since mod 18 better be WAY too far into development to add major stuff now.

For mod 19 I want lots and lots of unscaled level 80 content with varying degrees of difficulty.. and I really hope that is what is in mod 18 too :)

But maybe I should just wish for mod 18 to actually arrive.
This discussion has been closed.