test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Consoles versus PC

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
It just came to my attention that consoles owners are required to pay extra fees for an online service??? This is insane people. I tell my friends I play Neverwinter and a few free to play Facebook games and they tell me, "The internet and electric are not free so neither are your games." But here the console players are paying 35¢ per day extra just to play these free to play games because they need a service besides the internet. Since I am not your ISP, and I sure don't work for Cryptic, can I get in on this and charge you 10¢ per day you don't play any games at all, and you are going to toss 35¢ at nothing anyways?

I am not knocking the consoles, I just cannot believe you are willing to pay more for a fiction.
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    ? Not sure what you mean? I am on PS4, and other than paying for my internet, there is no other fee that I pay.

You can pay a extra fee for additional services on the PS4, but it isn't a requirement to play this game or even have.

I don't have a Xbox, so not sure about that console.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

? Not sure what you mean? I am on PS4, and other than paying for my internet, there is no other fee that I pay.

You can pay a extra fee for additional services on the PS4, but it isn't a requirement to play this game or even have.

@darkheart#6758
    I am told (informed by a PS4 user) that you must pay for a Playstation Plus account to play online games, even the "free" ones. I know from my nephew he pays for an XBox Live membership to play his Call of Duty, but that is something he purchased not a free game. So how is it are you getting around in Neverwinter without paying for a Playstation Plus account?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@darkheart#6758
    I am told (informed by a PS4 user) that you must pay for a Playstation Plus account to play online games, even the "free" ones. I know from my nephew he pays for an XBox Live membership to play his Call of Duty, but that is something he purchased not a free game. So how is it are you getting around in Neverwinter without paying for a Playstation Plus account?
    A PS+ account isn't required to play the game on PS4. However, on Xbox, you do have to have Xbox Live to play the game. Which sucks, but there's not really anything anyone can do about it. They do give you free games every month though. Sometimes good ones.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @kreatyve and @darkheart#6758 Thanks for clearing it up. The PS4 owner I spoke to was also unaware of this information. They initially attempted to play ESO (recently converted to F2P) and discovered they needed a PS+ account to play that game. When I suggested they try Neverwinter, they jumped to conclusion that all F2P games worked that same way. This sparked my initial posting about getting ripped off by the console companies placing a surcharge on anything online related. I now informed the PS4 user, they can indeed play this game for free. However I will not be on the same shard with them being a PC user. Again this was not an attack against the consoles, just the companies that promote an additional expense for using the internet.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@kreatyve and @darkheart#6758 Thanks for clearing it up. The PS4 owner I spoke to was also unaware of this information. They initially attempted to play ESO (recently converted to F2P) and discovered they needed a PS+ account to play that game. When I suggested they try Neverwinter, they jumped to conclusion that all F2P games worked that same way. This sparked my initial posting about getting ripped off by the console companies placing a surcharge on anything online related. I now informed the PS4 user, they can indeed play this game for free. However I will not be on the same shard with them being a PC user. Again this was not an attack against the consoles, just the companies that promote an additional expense for using the internet.

Understood, and I don't disagree with your initial assessment. Xbox does require you to have Xbox Live to play, so it is relevant there. But in my opinion, the free games and stuff they give you cancels it out, and you can share your Xbox Live with others on your Xbox, so it works out.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png