test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Appearance Library bug (and limitations)

I have 3 new shields I want to add to my appearance library but it is coming up with the message that the Appearance Library is full for that slot. I deleted a few duplicates but the message is still there for my new shields. I have tried logging on and off and even deleted the affected item and bought a new copy but still have the same message.

Please can this be looked at, as otherwise I am stuck for adding any new shields to my appearance collection.

Is there any reason why there are limitations to the number of fields in each category and why does the shield category seem to have a much lower limit than the other categories?

Is it designed so that we can't have "all" the options and so am I now resigned to have to stop trying to collect all the appearance item variants?

What are the limits in each category?

Will there be any refund for people who bough fashion slots who no longer need them?

Will there be an option to buy new appearance library slots to increase storage?

Comments

• russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I have 13 lines of 6 in my helmet collection but only 5 lines of 6 in my shield collection so again, what are the limitations for each category and why are they different?

It's hardly a library if you have to keep deleting stuff to add new things to it.

So frustrating.....
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    PSN russelguppy
    Character affected R'ussel

Is this the best place to report a character specific bug? Will it ever get looked into?
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Give it awhile for someone to notice it.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info! I'll bring it up to the team and ask for clarification on limits.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @russelguppy#7025! Thank you again for reporting your experience! We were able to look further into this matter and identify an issue impacting off-hand appearance libraries. This issue is being fixed internally and will be live on PC after today’s patch and on Console on a future date. In the meantime, we also wanted to address additional questions that came up:

-There is a limit to the appearance library system: each slot has a limit of 100 items. This limit was determined to avoid taxing performance/load while also allowing for players to add a wide variety of options to their library. These limits cannot currently be expanded but we will continue to monitor and discuss player engagement and behavior with the appearance system to explore areas of improvement or optimization.

-Items can be deleted from the appearance library of each slot to make room for new ones. To better assist players with viewing their appearance library capacity, the upcoming fix will also include a counter at the top of the slot library. This counter will display as “#/100” where # is the current number of items in that slot’s appearance library.
  • eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I can't change the appearance of my ranger's main hand (bow). I have no appearance items in the main hand slot yet. I tried to add 6 different bows from the AH and every one of them said the appearance slot was full.
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    The same here I can not change the appearance of my ranger as well, main hand or off hand.

Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I can't change my wizard's main hand appearance either. Folder is empty but the option "convert to appearance library" is greyed out.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW