test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old title "The Frosty" not received

agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
So we finished the Frozen Heart on x5, and no one in our group received the title.

Here's the line from the News section:
Players can also earn an achievement for completing each dungeon at the highest challenge. These achievements will award the following titles:
Frozen Heart: “The Frosty”

Considering I ran the dungeon ONLY for that, I'm quite disappointed to say the least.

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    same, ran a x5 successfully and got 45 coins, but no title.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Apparently, it's only and RNG chance to get it. After the 5th run, there appeared to be an optional 6th Run, but we all passed and got the 45 coins.
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    If this title is not given on the 5th challenge, then this explanation "highest challenge" is grossly misleading. I also was doing it only for the title, we did the 5 tiers everyone left and I got no title.
    OK, I just did another 5 tiers with people and we all agreed not to leave at the end and still there was no option to continue and no title.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Apparently, it's only and RNG chance to get it. After the 5th run, there appeared to be an optional 6th Run, but we all passed and got the 45 coins.

Is it confirmed anywhere? We didn't have the option to run a 6th time, and if it's RNG I'll just pass entierely, not gonna lose another dozen hours per dungeon to try to get a title, I know my luck on this game with RNG
  • slash#6527 slash Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    No coins on X5, at 07:05 PM (EU) but hey F***K i have good 2 hours of fun!

its a lotery to get the coins
    I just did Dread Vault, we did 3 tiers complete and then ran out of time (12 mins left because there were no extra time things anywhere) so finished, no coins for it. I only got trinkets.
    With no extra time its damn near impossible to get a x5 run in 1 hour, particularly when you count the horrible rubberbanding and disconnects. Dunno how to get title today.
    Oh u got rubberbanding too? So did I.
    We were going straight through all the mobs, almost never stopping, killing the 2 bosses in seconds, rushing through all of it.
    We had 26 min to do the remaining x4 and x5, we took even more risks on the x4 and finished it on 12 min, so we had 14:16 to do the last run. We abandoned because with half less power it wasn't possible by a short margin, would have need at least 3 min more.

Where are the bonus in this dungeon? There were a few when we did the DV during the nightmare bugged TOO, but there were none on this one? Tell me Cryptic, how are you supposed to finish a x5 with 0 time bonus, when as an endgame group rushing constantly, we didn't have time for that? A single time bonus would have been enough, but no we didn't see any on all the 4 runs.

And I guess the people that managed to do a x5 with some luck on time bonus probably didn't get their title either...
  • silvertombisilvertombi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Same. No achievement after a x5 Icespire. I don't even see these achievements as unearned. (Granted, they may be hidden, as some others are.)
    Edit: thought these were achievements. Since they are titles, they won't show up anywhere before earned I guess.
    Post edited by silvertombi on
    Idris today x5 was not giving the title "king of the castle". got the 45 coins, but no title.
  • modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Done every single one x5 no titles for any of them period.
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
    Same, beyond incompetence, this is flat out disrespectful. "we are investigating" and the event goes by completely and no fixes.
    edited November 2019
    Titles are working now (more or less) since they made all 4 dungeons available at the same time. However it is still buggy and sometimes it rewards the title (it comes with an achievement notification upon handing in the quest to Nipsy in PE and you should also see it under completed achievements in your journal under the 'events' section, this goes along with the title which can appear in different sections in the list) and sometimes it doesn't. The fact we all successfully completed x5 runs of any of these dungeons prior to all 4 being available apparently counts for nothing, as it has only been fixed since they opened all 4, or else it was intended this way which would suk. My experience is that I got no titles whatsoever during the event until the 4 dungeons opened at the same time, the first dungeon I did after this was Frozen Heart and after doing x5 I immediately got the achievement and the title "The Frosty". I then did Dread Vault x5 and despite the bugs in it the team managed to do x5 and I again got the achievement and the title "Deep Thinker". The next one I did was Idris and after doing a x5 successfully I did NOT get the title or achievement, this was after hours and hours of trying to get anyone interested in running it now they didn't have to, and 2 failed attempts as well. I would not give up and tried again and on the second successful attempt at x5 I DID get the title and achievement. I then did an easy x5 run (same team) of Mad Dragon and upon completion I did NOT get my title or achievement and another person in the party also did not get it either, no idea about the other 3. So it is still bugged but giving out titles sometimes. I made another thread about Idris being bugged and the moderator has asked anyone to fill in a ticket about it and they will look into it. I'm planning on doing this and also running the thing again to see if it works the second time.
    Ran an Icespire x5 yesterday, no title. Just finished a Dragon x5, got the title… I ran x5s on about 9-10 days of the event, and this is the single title I got, on the last day.
    The achievements weren't even in the journal when the event started (checked the first time I ran an x5, first days of the event). Do they seriously think people will run these for just the titles, without rewards, by putting in the titles only on the last two days? And even then it's not sure you'll get them. I definitely won't waste time on content that's this bugged. Some internal testing would be nice every once in a while. And this shouldn't have been that hard to code… There hasn't been a single event or new content without major bugs since I came back to the game in March. Seems I should have stayed with single player games.
    As these titles are not earnable any other way at a later time, maybe they should give them out to everyone who has a fully upgraded journal of the appropriate dungeon.
    edited November 2019
    I ran DV x5 during the night, no title.
    My character should have all the 5 titles for running all the dungeons x5 during the event, yet he has none.

This is beyond disrespectful, it's just pure incompetence. The titles were the only thing new from this event, and the only reason I run it since I already grinded all the dungeons during the specific events. Yet I still have nothing.

Edit: I see there's a line on the patch notes for that, but it says "earned before the final two days".
    Since I ran DV on the last 24h hours of the event and I didn't get the title, what is going to happen?
    @nitocris83 I'd like some clarification on that.
    Game patched, NW launched, still nothing...
    @nitocris83 Why is it noted on the patch notes that the titles were supposed to be received, yet I have none of the 5 titles I should have.
    Same here. Told to file a new ticket, because apparently the last one wasn't enough. Going round and round in circles.
    Yeah, same. Honestly, I would have been somewhat surprised if it worked (yes, I am getting more and more cynical with each patch). Even the unearned achievements for this event have now disappeared from the journal post-patch. They were certainly there last night. This patch was supposed to fix just two things, one of which didn't happen… Don't you guys think it's time to start firing some of the coding staff? Or do you pay them so little that no decent coder would take the job?
    Just to nitpick a little: in the patch notes, why is the ToO event fix under the paragraph of Undermountain?
    @nitocris83 Would you have an update on that?
    There are no answers about these titles, that are CLEARLY bugged. The support even has the guts to tell me that if the patch didn't grant me the titles, I was not eligible for them... Except I did run each dungeon on x5 and the logs of my character clearly indicate that. I can even tell you the dates I ran them.

I am perfectly eligible for these titles, completed all the conditions to get them, but don't have them. This is a bug and should be fixed. It doesn't concern only my character, there are several (if not a lot of) other players in this similar case.

Please update us on that matter, thanks.