test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't know about you, but I think the fight between Neverwinter's Dinosaurs Vs Stos Dinosaurs is on.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
Going by what I saw in the yawning portal I think its happening. Just got to the yawning portal and you can see for yourself.
So what do you all think?
Stos Vs Neverwinters? Me they would be better if they had feathers since in real life they might have but I'm going to remain neutral for the most part. I'm sure this thread is going to get really interesting.

Comments

• valka#6506 valka Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am cool with any proper dinosaur fights and yes they were probably feathered (being very much related to birds) and brightly colored but bones that sit in the ground for millions of years tend to not be so we painted them gray or green and called it a day until we finally got fossilized feathers from more than one species like what, 10-15 years ago in China? Prior to that it was archeoptrix or bust.

I very much doubt cro-magnon man was white either but there is no way to prove that, despite it being a much more recent thing in the fossil record. It's possible, but more probably an adaptation that developed over time in response to the environment. They didn't migrate because they were fair skinned, their children (who lived) became paler due to it being cold and rainy all the time and the lack of supermarkets selling vitamin-D infused milk. It is a thing that only Europeans have those genetic markers but is that a positive or a negative? I have no idea. It just is. Evolution happens. The native Americans who survived evolved too. People (now) complain about Columbus but however nice he could have been, he was not showing up in a HAZMAT suit and Europe had diseases "native americans" (in truth, ancient mongoleans) had no natural resistance to.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2019

I am cool with any proper dinosaur fights and yes they were probably feathered (being very much related to birds) and brightly colored but bones that sit in the ground for millions of years tend to not be so we painted them gray or green and called it a day until we finally got fossilized feathers from more than one species like what, 10-15 years ago in China? Prior to that it was archeoptrix or bust.

I very much doubt cro-magnon man was white either but there is no way to prove that, despite it being a much more recent thing in the fossil record. It's possible, but more probably an adaptation that developed over time in response to the environment. They didn't migrate because they were fair skinned, their children (who lived) became paler due to it being cold and rainy all the time and the lack of supermarkets selling vitamin-D infused milk. It is a thing that only Europeans have those genetic markers but is that a positive or a negative? I have no idea. It just is. Evolution happens. The native Americans who survived evolved too. People (now) complain about Columbus but however nice he could have been, he was not showing up in a HAZMAT suit and Europe had diseases "native americans" (in truth, ancient mongoleans) had no natural resistance to.

Would be cool if they did feathered variants. But I guess they prefer the juristic park version. I think they should do some variants with the feathers and I think it would look cool. Make it more believable that Tyrannosaurs became chickens or their descendants did. But do it in a way based on the science of it or something. But would really look cool or cooler with their feathers since a lot of them are earlier versions of prebirds.

imageimage" alt="" />
    imageimage" alt="" />

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Please keep your science, out of my world of magic and monsters. Thank you. <3
    And people wonder why I don't care for dinosaurs in D&D.
    wb-cenders.gif
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > Please keep your science, out of my world of magic and monsters. Thank you. <3
    > And people wonder why I don't care for dinosaurs in D&D.

So an in-depth discussion of the 21 sub-types of elves then. Do any of them have feathers?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    If I really wanted to get technical versus magical with you boys, we could discuss how more recent vampires and zombies are no longer a product of demonology, and they are just techno viruses and rabies gone wrong. But if you want to explain scientifically, how a D&D necromancer can make a skeleton walk and fight without muscles and tendons, I might get a big laugh. :grin:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User

> @sandukutupu said:

> Please keep your science, out of my world of magic and monsters. Thank you. <3

> And people wonder why I don't care for dinosaurs in D&D.

So an in-depth discussion of the 21 sub-types of elves then. Do any of them have feathers?

Of course there is the winged elves, avariel and those wings have feathers.
    edited November 2019
    > @thevampinator said:
    > (Quote)
    > Of course there is the winged elves, avariel and those wings have feathers.

unlike the succubi that look eerily similar but with non-feathered wings. How do their unladen airspeed velocities compare?