test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joining randims queues in the middle of a run.

I'm not going to lie. Waiting 20 minutes for your random trial queue to pop only to be thrown into a tiamat run that's already started and likely to fail (that's why the person left) is always disappointing.
On top of that I can't even get myself a dragon soul to help with the main phase.

I would like to see players who are filling the spot of a leaver to get a small amount of rough ad (500-600) even if they fail.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Agree - and I reckon that even on a fail the group gets 5000 rAD for trying or staying to the end.

Example - I get ported in to an EPIC Dungeon [Cragmire] with nowhere near enough DPS to kill the end boss - after the third wipe why cant it just be called a FAIL and rAD awarded for trying?
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    More likely to happen is you pop into a run at the final boss, do a quick fight, and get full reward. Good thing we are not penalized for our abbreviated runs.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

Agree - and I reckon that even on a fail the group gets 5000 rAD for trying or staying to the end.

Example - I get ported in to an EPIC Dungeon [Cragmire] with nowhere near enough DPS to kill the end boss - after the third wipe why cant it just be called a FAIL and rAD awarded for trying?

Excellent suggestion. But why stop there? Why shouldn't I be given say 3000 rAD for waiting more than a minute for the chance to log in after a disconnect and failing to keep my eyes open during the wait. Only fair to be awarded a moderate amount of rAD, if I figure how often the game disconnected me in the last boss fight or in the last area of an expedition and I did not get any of the rewards, because the instance was shut down when I finally was able to log my character in again. Sarcasm off.

Excellent suggestion. But why stop there? Why shouldn't I be given say 3000 rAD for waiting more than a minute for the chance to log in after a disconnect and failing to keep my eyes open during the wait. Only fair to be awarded a moderate amount of rAD, if I figure how often the game disconnected me in the last boss fight or in the last area of an expedition and I did not get any of the rewards, because the instance was shut down when I finally was able to log my character in again. Sarcasm off.
    Im not so sure what the need for sarcasm is here, and not really sure what you are saying amigo.

There's plenty of fails that take a load of time. 5000 rAD for trying doesn't seem unreasonable to me :)

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Or you log in with a well geared DPS character and you deal with the waiting time. I have a DC and a GF with 23k+ IL. RQ pops up in seconds, but you can tank like a god and overheal your group as much as you like, your runs will fail, if the dps suck, so I switched to running with DPS. You did 80% of the dmg in your run and it felt like a year and a half until the boss died? Yes, but you did not fail. Ofc there still are runs, that you cant complete, bc your teammates are so bad or badly geared, but if you want to avoid that, que with a premade group.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

... your runs will fail, if the dps suck ...

True, at least for random trials. Never saw a run fail because of a bad tank, never because of a mediocre healer.

- aou do not really need a tank in eDemo, if you have decent dps (a tank is convenience, not more)
    - you need two tanks in Tiamat only in the cleric phase, and only if the dps suck. But then the run will likely fail due to 25 min timeout anyway
    - tank in mSVA is almost totally useless. You need decent dps, heals and some knowledge of the mechanics (no rocket science, two runs should be enough to understand what you need to do).

Im not so sure what the need for sarcasm is here, and not really sure what you are saying amigo.

Sorry, pal. Was just venting my frustration with the numerous disconnects at the end of a 15 min+ run, where you fail to get any rewards, because the game decided to disconnect you just before the end ...

Sorry, pal. Was just venting my frustration with the numerous disconnects at the end of a 15 min+ run, where you fail to get any rewards, because the game decided to disconnect you just before the end ...

No worries - we all feel your pain on that one :)