test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for sharing Mounts and/or Companions

tigermarytigermary Member Posts: 13 Arc User
With all the making of new Characters and New Race Gith, when somone has 1+ characters, its difficult for some to be able to invest in new mounts (5 ) or Companions. (5 ). I have played other games where they had a Stable even to share your mounts, and for small amout of gold another character in your account to could take out the mount to use. Companions would be nice to share, hower Mounts espically would be nice to share account wide. I know if its unbound you can put in shared account slots, I am talking after its bound.
Could even use the stronghold stables , which would encourage more guilds and members.
Just a suggestion, thanks for listening.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Well, it is not going to happen because that would be against their bottom line.

FYI, the mount purchased in Zen store is account wide. i.e. you buy it once, all your characters (that you have and you will have) can have that mount.

There are also packs such as the Gith pack in which it gives a mount and a companion (+ other stuff). Its mount and companion are also account wide. i.e. all your characters can have them.

Black Friday is coming. It should have a Zen store deeper than normal discount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • propulsionpropulsion Member Posts: 59 Arc User

Well, it is not going to happen because that would be against their bottom line.

FYI, the mount purchased in Zen store is account wide. i.e. you buy it once, all your characters (that you have and you will have) can have that mount.

There are also packs such as the Gith pack in which it gives a mount and a companion (+ other stuff). Its mount and companion are also account wide. i.e. all your characters can have them.

no it's not,there is no mount that is account wide...it's bound to one character and only that character you have bound the mount to
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Account wide, you claim on all chars.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2019

no it's not,there is no mount that is account wide...it's bound to one character and only that character you have bound the mount to
    All the mount you can purchase from Zen store (including the Free one such as Winter Wolf) are account wide. All your character in the same account can claim it from Zen store without extra charge.

Go to Zen store. Click on any mount and you will see:

Reclaimable for each character, not tradable (usable only after the tutorial)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

There are numerous mounts that are account wide. You really need to get better sources or stop with the trolling.
  • propulsionpropulsion Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2019

There are numerous mounts that are account wide. You really need to get better sources or stop with the trolling.
    have you seen me trolling? the answer is no you have NOT...so there's no need to try and claim that I am trolling when I have never posted on the forums before as I have just joined the forums so please think more carefully before you start trying to instantly say that someone is trolling(when) you have NOT seen a new member to the forums doing so and when they only have a few posts/comments and TBH you need to actually talk to them as well get to know them first before judging and saying things like that
  • tigermarytigermary Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i was talking about mounts that you have opened from zen store or AH. Once you bind it to a character (least in my experience) you can't share it with other acct. characters. So if I have won a mount from a lockbox and then I click on it to bind to my cleric , and i can't share it with my rogue, Correct? Therefore i was suggesting a in game stable to share mounts once bound. I can't afford to buy 5 epics mounts or legendary mounts on all my 5-80 characters. It was only an idea since be nice to have shareable mounts, and using gold to put them in or out, can boost game economy. Just a suggestion
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    tigermary said:

i was talking about mounts that you have opened from zen store or AH. Once you bind it to a character (least in my experience) you can't share it with other acct. characters. So if I have won a mount from a lockbox and then I click on it to bind to my cleric , and i can't share it with my rogue, Correct? Therefore i was suggesting a in game stable to share mounts once bound. I can't afford to buy 5 epics mounts or legendary mounts on all my 5-80 characters. It was only an idea since be nice to have shareable mounts, and using gold to put them in or out, can boost game economy. Just a suggestion

Of course the thing to remember is if a player has one epic mount they can program all of their mounts (for that character) to move at the epic speed so instead of having to buy 5 epic or legendary mounts for all of your characters, one need only buy or obtain one for each character.

But then I've always been of the opinion that waaaay too many things are Bound to Character when at worst they should be Bound to Account so more items can be shared by multiple characters on the same account...

However as @plasticbat said, that's unlikely to happen.
    DD~
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Epic mounts are easy to come by for free.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Epic mounts are easy to come by for free.

Yes, I give them away all the time.
    wb-cenders.gif