test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many fragments of Zerthimon do you need?

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
Need some help please. I am doing the Stardock quests for the fragments of Zerthimon and I was under the assumption from reading online that I would be needing 4 of each then I would progress. I got 4 of each but I kept getting sent on the same quests for rod pieces, I then thought that maybe I had to do one more rod for each and then it would move along, but I just did the rod and it sent me on another fragment expedition, now I have 5 of one and I am wondering how many of these I will need or if it is bugged or wtf is going on. Can someone please tell me how many of these fragments I need before I am able to progress onto other quests?

Comments

• xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Should be 4 fragments total to finish the quest. You will keep getting the quests to do the Fe's afterwards though
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Did you get the box that you can select the companion gear? If yes, you finish everything. No more new quest after that. You can still do more WE, FE quests if you want to.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Well I had 4 fragments in one slot and 4 in another and I thought that was it, now I have 5 in one and 4 in the other and I am assuming that the next time I get the third part of the rod I will get the 5th fragment in the other slot. Looks like I am going to keep getting fragments forever? I did get a box with companion gear in it, but that was ages ago before I had anything close to 4 fragments. I am wondering about this mainly because I know there are other quests in these places, I have seen people running around doing things, where that dragon leaning over a building is for instance, and other things and places, also on the uprising map it says "you cannot travel here yet" or similar, so I am waiting to move forward because there is content I am not seeing which I want to do. But when I got a 5th fragment added to one slot I started thinking something was not right, at least that my understanding of what was happening was not correct.
    edited November 2019
    Did you get a box which allows you to select companion gear among many which have one single stat?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    yes
    aganway said:

yes

My understanding is that is all.
    ok well i got that box way before i had gotten all the fragments. What do I need to do to get rid of the fragments and move along to the rest of the quests?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I don't know what you're referring to when you say 4 fragments of one type, and 5 of another. There are no types to fragments of zerthimon.

You only need 4 total fragments gained from 4 FEs. Once that is done, you turn in the quest, get the comp box and you are done. You said you got the comp box so you are done.

You can continue to run the daily quests for more WEs and FEs if you choose to but as far as the mod content goes, you are done.

The only quest you would have left it to speak to halaster in ToMM. Good luck with that if you need to beat ToMM to get the quest done.
    I have had 2 slots since it started doing the fragments. 1 slot had 1 fragment, then the other slot had 1. Then one fragment got added to the other slot and so forth. Each time I did the Illithid quest (worm with the illithids coming at u constantly) it would give me a fragment to one slot and add only to that slot. Each time I did the Githtyanki fragment (dragon) it would put it in the other slot. They both got to 2 each and kept going, I thought maybe they had to get to four each so I waited, then they did and then it kept going. Now I have 5 in one slot and 4 in the other.
    But when I look at the map for uprising it tells me I cannot go there yet and I see people doing quests and other things in maps like Terminus and Wyllowood and have no idea when I will also get to do those.
    Like the watcher runs etc.
    And as u can see here, they are both different looking, as in facing different directions, though when u hover over the tooltip they both say just 'Fragment of Zerthimon' but they are different looking. Also it says 'cannot sell, cannot discard' so I am waiting to hand them in or for them to vanish or for the quest to be over or whatever. Surely both stacks don't sit there forever.

aganway said:

But when I look at the map for uprising it tells me I cannot go there yet and I see people doing quests and other things in maps like Terminus and Wyllowood and have no idea when I will also get to do those.

I am confused. If you cannot go there, how do you see people doing quests in Terminus and Wyllowood?

edited November 2019
    I'm confused too, but I found out some stuff from someone just before which is helping. Apparently the watcher runs are just ME's with 3 runes, but you have to do the LoMM before you get what you need to try for the boss or whatever, so I am clear on that now, it is just an ME which I can do already. I just need to do LoMM which I have been ignoring. Also what I thought was a quest area in Terminus with npc's standing around and throwing dwarves into a hole, is not anything other than just npc's standing around so that I understand now. And I may have forgotten some of what I did which included dealing with that dragon, I have completed the whole Undermountain campaign so apparently I have done whatever I needed to do. I'm sorry for being so confused, however I am still confused about what is going on with these fragments.
    edited November 2019
    aganway said:

I'm confused too, but I found out some stuff from someone just before which is helping. Apparently the watcher runs are just ME's with 3 runes, but you have to do the LoMM before you get what you need to try for the boss or whatever, so I am clear on that now, it is just an ME which I can do already. I just need to do LoMM which I have been ignoring. Also what I thought was a quest area in Terminus with npc's standing around and throwing dwarves into a hole, is not anything other than just npc's standing around so that I understand now. And I may have forgotten some of what I did which included dealing with that dragon, I have completed the whole Undermountain campaign so apparently I have done whatever I needed to do. I'm sorry for being so confused, however I am still confused about what is going on with these fragments.

You are looking at the uprising map. You need a regular 'investigation' quest (for different location) to get into those area. That is if you have the quest, you can get in. You finish the quest, you can't get in anymore (until you get that quest again). Since you finished everything, there is no point to get in those area unless you want to do WE, FE.

If you want to go to regular undermaintain map. Click 'leave uprising'.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Yes, I think you're mixing up "quests" from two different mods. Watcher runs are exactly what you described and have nothing to do with a campaign or questline.

You have completed the campaign and everything is optional at this point.

I wouldn't know anything about additional fragments because I stopped checking them once I received the comp gear box on all 8 of my toons. You only needed 4 total to complete the questline. You obviously have since you got the box. I imagine the game still gives you fragments if you continue to beat the FEs but they serve no purpose at this point.

Also, you only need to go into LoMM to get access to what you need from MEs. If you fail, abandon, etc you will get credit for that quest.

Thanks for your answers people. Yea, I quit at mod 16 and never did any content and came back after mod 17 so I can imagine it would be easy for me to confuse the two or lump them together. From what I was told ingame and from what I was told in this thread I have a much clearer understanding of what is going on now. I will keep doing fragment quests until I have 6 of each because I like the number 6, then I will just forget about it. Thanks again.
    P.S. I also think that the tooltip on the map is worded badly. Normally it says "you cannot travel here YET" when you have not reached the required level or completed the required steps to do so which is what was confusing me, it probably would be more clear if it said something like "you need an expedition quest to travel here" or similar.