test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [11/7]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter will undergo maintenance tomorrow, November 7, from 7am to 9am PST. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

Comments

• kierstadkierstad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Love how you do this while an event is ticking down...way to remove even more time from players ability to experience an event you schedule.
  • valka#6506 valka Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It does seem to be ...curious... timing. However will I max out my largely pointless wine or meat dishes (beholder drops) before the event closes? I may not even acquire the minor healing potions my L55 body craves.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    It is normal as they always do maintenance for PC on Thursday morning regardless what kind of event is running.
    I would say if they don't do, that would be a 'special' Thursday morning.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

It is normal as they always do maintenance for PC on Thursday morning regardless what kind of event is running.

You mean, like not doing it next Thursday - for US thanksgiving. That week, they usually, as you know, do it on Tuesday before US Thanksgiving.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

You mean, like not doing it next Thursday - for US thanksgiving. That week, they usually, as you know, do it on Tuesday before US Thanksgiving.
    US thanksgiving is a 'special' Thursday, right?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    > @grogthemagnif said:
    > (Quote)
    > You mean, like not doing it next Thursday - for US thanksgiving. That week, they usually, as you know, do it on Tuesday before US Thanksgiving.

Um..next Thursday November 14th?
    I'm 99% sure it's on the last Thursday of the month and involves cranberries and stuffing
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

thanksgiving isn't next thursday. it's a few weeks off.

US thanksgiving is a 'special' Thursday, right?
    it's the day after that is usually special
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > it's the day after that is usually special

Honestly it is not, unless you have been craving a disturbing crossover between WWE and Walmart the internet provides the same deals...often.

Thanksgiving is the day you eat great food with people you don't like and Halloween is the day you see your neighbors wives dress like prostitutes. Black Friday is a fake holiday where retailers try to unload excess inventory before tax season/Q4 reports.

Ultimately most holidays are fake anyway (Halloween= autumnal equinox, Christmas = the winter solstice) and late November is a delicious hate crime against turkeys with no historical basis.

> @thefiresidecat said:

> (Quote)

> it's the day after that is usually special

Honestly it is not, unless you have been craving a disturbing crossover between WWE and Walmart the internet provides the same deals...often.

Thanksgiving is the day you eat great food with people you don't like and Halloween is the day you see your neighbors wives dress like prostitutes. Black Friday is a fake holiday where retailers try to unload excess inventory before tax season/Q4 reports.

Ultimately most holidays are fake anyway (Halloween= autumnal equinox, Christmas = the winter solstice) and late November is a delicious hate crime against turkeys with no historical basis.

errrrmm was talking in context of the game.. that's the day of the 40% or 50% off special.
  • darthaawulf#9587 darthaawulf Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    > @"valka#6506" said:
    > > @grogthemagnif said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > You mean, like not doing it next Thursday - for US thanksgiving. That week, they usually, as you know, do it on Tuesday before US Thanksgiving.
    >
    > Um..next Thursday November 14th?
    > I'm 99% sure it's on the last Thursday of the month and involves cranberries and stuffing
    >
    >
    I will go with the 1 %. Thxgiving is 3rd Thursday, right?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

> @valka#6506 said:

> > @grogthemagnif said:

> > (Quote)

> > You mean, like not doing it next Thursday - for US thanksgiving. That week, they usually, as you know, do it on Tuesday before US Thanksgiving.

>

> Um..next Thursday November 14th?

> I'm 99% sure it's on the last Thursday of the month and involves cranberries and stuffing

>

>

I will go with the 1 %. Thxgiving is 3rd Thursday, right?

Modern day Turkey day is always the last (or 4th) Thursday of November.

There was a short 2-3 year period, in the late 30s/early 40s where it fell on the 3rd thursday but it was changed to the 4th thursday after that and has remained that way since.