test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Grand Retelling Start Rescheduled 11/8

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Tales of Old: The Grand Retelling has been rescheduled to start tomorrow, November 8, at 10am PST due to an intermittent issue with obtaining rewards that was identified during a final check of the event. Players will still be able to get their necessary tokens/event currency with this new start date. This does not impact the start of Throne of Idris on Console. Thank you for your patience!

Comments

• reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I see the artifact has been fixed, giving the correct stats at Rank 139. Could we get an update on when the artifacts will be updated to 300IL, since the Neck and the Belt has been updated already?
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Check these things first, we were all in awe waiting for this event, this thing is really sad. Obviously people get angry when these things happen. Why not check before launching the patch?
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    There is no way to push it live today? This event is making me want to do bad things. I actually had an entire day off and was looking forward to trying to remedy the disaster that was Dread Vault. Pushing it live later would be a lot better than tomorrow, where ofc I Have multiple medical appointments.

PS If I were to log in tomorrow with full CREDIT in coins for today, on the other hand, I'd be feeling a lot more positive about this entire disastrous event. Perhaps think on whether it's time to toss us a bone for all this repeatedly broken content for a year long event. Even a stack of the chests would be something.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Awesome as there are always some errors in this event! And that's because it has a schedule of months, and never take the test before launching it! Very disappointed!
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I agree, we should get some reward for this, as I left some appointments to make this event!
    Well it could be worse. If the error is that their change to give coins on exit is not working, pulling the event is much better than people running 3-5 runs of it and THEN finding out the rewards don't work. But yea, at this point some kind of "we are sorry" bonus would be appreciated and honestly I think at this point really just needs to happen.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Noone will ber happy witha delay but is far better than bugs, this time we got an improvement;

I mean, usually events go live someone start to complain about a bug, and only after that it get shut down or just stay bugged till next patch.

This is why test exist, and i'm quite happy that a bug is being fixed before the live version Thanks !!!
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    This issue must have been big - looking back I have a hard time to even imagine a bug so grand that there would be a fix before the launch of TOO event.
  • mark1971jmsmark1971jms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Will the event be extended due to this issue?
    edited November 2019
    Unlikely, I think they have internal timer issues with extending events, and it is a longish event. One day only matters to some people. But.. see above they could always pass out some free points and you never know it is holiday season ish.

;0)
    I was pleased to actually see this hit live so quickly, cred for that devs
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I support fixing what's broken rather than putting it on day one knowing that it's severely bugged.
    Other than that, four different instances for one event are sure bound to induce some serious lag.

Yes, there are players who had to find a good schedule for doing the events, however from what I know it lasts for 22 days?
    If it is 22 days, one day up or down is not a big issue.

However, it is within reason to expect issues even with further checking by devs, as these things are bound to happen sooner or later.

The biggest issue for everyone is the fact that once someone gets disconnected, they are thrown back to PE and they can't return to the party. This happened to the party I was in last time, as one player got disconnected right when we got in x5. This made us have to run x3 several times and we barely managed the next day before it was a reset.

There has to be a way to keep party members with the availability to return to the event itself, without getting thrown out of the instance. Lags, rubberbands etc will strike and that essentially can make one run over.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • bspallybspally Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    fix the lags!
    Make Neverwinter's players willing to buy Zen great again!
  • mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Is the patch late or what's going on? I'm patching preview 45 minutes after maintenance was supposed to start but live is still up and running. Did the time move again?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    whats the limit on coins in this event?
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Ran it until stage 3, healer got disconnected, did not get back in, everyone died at Idris.
    I'm tired of it.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    bgl#5946 said:

Ran it until stage 3, healer got disconnected, did not get back in, everyone died at Idris.
    I'm tired of it.

You have no idea... I got disconnected so many times and unable to come back to instance, it's just frustrating.
    Why can't you guys just add a simple stupid button that would allow dced players to RETURN TO INSTANCE?
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    erevel09 said:

bgl#5946 said:

I'm tired of it.

You have no idea... I got disconnected so many times and unable to come back to instance, it's just frustrating.
    Why can't you guys just add a simple stupid button that would allow dced players to RETURN TO INSTANCE?
    Simple answer. They just don't test.