test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

netherese arcanist. how to get him?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
other than ah, where does it come from? can I grind instead of pay?

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    The Shard of Night, the final quest in the River District campaign. One of the rewards is a Netherese Strongbox. From that you have a chance to pull the Arcanist.

Whether or not they have added it to other dungeon chests, I'm not sure.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I believe it has a chance to drop in Shard of Night instance, which is related to River District. Same instance where you defeat Morlanth and get her smoking attire. Run around River District, look for shadows and try to get lucky with drops from them, since they drop item needed to go into the Shard (similar to getting stones to Nostura's, Kabal's and Gyrion's demiplanes by defeating foes in RD).
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    huh ok ty. i'm not sure I ever did that.
    anyone know if you only get the one chance?
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    @thefiresidecat No, it's repeatable.
    edited October 2019
    erevel09 said:

I believe it has a chance to drop in Shard of Night instance, which is related to River District. Same instance where you defeat Morlanth and get her smoking attire. Run around River District, look for shadows and try to get lucky with drops from them, since they drop item needed to go into the Shard (similar to getting stones to Nostura's, Kabal's and Gyrion's demiplanes by defeating foes in RD).

the wraiths? ah yeah, did it. holy HAMSTER I had no idea. tyvm all
    edited October 2019
    so for the original shadow keep quest how do you get it? my hr had it and did it. and the wraiths dropped the quest. my cw does not have it and no one in river dist seems to have the quest for me. I tried lord neverember he didn't have it. any ideas? nm I found it. it wasn't intuitive lol
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Kavatos in the River District gives the quest after you defeat Gyrion at the final ritual site. IIRC
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    After completing the campaign, go talk to Knox. He will have a one-time quest to meet you at the Driftwood Tavern.

And make sure to fully partake of the ale for two achievements. You can't repeat that quest!

Later, when you enter Evernight, make sure to buy the *ahem* "special" ale at the market and drink some. That's also a non-repeatable quest.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured