test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BARBARIAN DPS CAN T DO TOMM

Hi.. I play at pc.. I have a barbarian dps all stat capped 200k power and i can t do tomm beacouse barbarian dps is to low... When this problem will be resolved? I want play with dps class i don t want play with tank

Comments

• kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    It's not true that Barbarians can't do ToMM. I personally know 2 good players with Barbs main and they deal very good damages in ToMM. Of course, there are still issues with balance in the game and the damage of Barbs it's lower than Wizards (for example), but this does not mean that you can't. You can beat ToMM with coordination and knowledge of the mechanics there.
  • coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Hm you can do damage you can't be the top , but you will not get invited in random groups as is harder for people to know you can do damage. They will go for safe cw hr

But yes all the other class need a buff for single Target damage. Aka(tomm)
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I do more magage in TOMM but the ppl don t want invite barb dps beacouse dps is to low to others classes
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Barbarian may need a buff. But the main problem is allways "The people". As you said.

Once the gurus say what are the best classes, the words are spread across all players and those classes are unwanted for anything. Even if the average difference is 1% this will happen.

At least now we have 3 dps meta, it was much worse in the 1dps - 4 buffers meta. GWF were the ONLY class desired, even when rogues and wizards could do a very good job in good hands.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I will make a comparison between the CoDG and ToMM Bis groups to demonstrate how we are in a much better situation than in mod 14 (irony).

In CoDG when the dream group came out you had 1 OP Tank, 1 GF Tactical Buff from Second Tank, 1 DC and 1 OP healer, 1 DC, 1 CW, 1 HR and 1SW buff and 2 DPS (preference was TR and GF, but all classes were able to perform the function).

In ToMM we have 2 Tanks (OP, GF and GWF), 2 Healers (OP, DC or SW), 6 dps (TR, HR and CW ... other DPS classes totally disregarded rightly, since they give around 10 - 25% less damage).

The Mod 16/17 is really great, it ended the buffers, something that many like me liked to play and brought more diversity to the game.

Finally it would be interesting to see a group complete ToMM with only GF, GWF, SW and DC dps, since by the comments of those who are against change, this must be viable.
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    My group regularly runs with 2-3 Barbarian DPS players and I would disagree that they cannot do ToMM. As previously stated, they might not be on Top but they are more than capable.
    Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    kors#9447 said:

It's not true that Barbarians can't do ToMM. I personally know 2 good players with Barbs main and they deal very good damages in ToMM. Of course, there are still issues with balance in the game and the damage of Barbs it's lower than Wizards (for example), but this does not mean that you can't. You can beat ToMM with coordination and knowledge of the mechanics there.

Wish mine could....she's chugging down healing potions pretty much all the time. :'(
  • keraunos#8365 keraunos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same situation here, almost 200k of power, stats caps etc ... and I am not invited to do Toom because barbarian ... this story must end, I have been waiting for a correction for months, there will have to be a balance or who chose this class for dps will abandon the game including me .. I spend millions of AD and zen to bring it to this level and I have to be careful that the object 23k with my power 130-140k exceed me in damage (30% sometimes) because magicians, thieves or ranger ... just lost the sense of character progression in this game, I don't see why I have to spend time on the barbarian to improve it.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    We consistently complete tomm on ps4 with a barbi dps. He does exceptionally well. In fact, he was in the first tomm completion group on ps4.