test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchanted Witch Sash drop rate

2»

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Obviously a bug. Please discard it without use. Thanks.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'm up to 132 Pinatas (admittedly 90 of those were from last year). No sash...

There are two routes to obtaining items in MMORPGs: Grinding out a currency of some kind or RNG loot drops.

The Neverwinter Halloween festival seems to combine the worst aspects of all of these. You have to grind the liar's charms and exchange for a bag. Then there's a CHANCE that this bag will contain ANOTHER bag (Pinata).

Then there's a further CHANCE that this final bag will contain something you need.

Valuable take home message: don't bother with these events in future. The time wasted could be better utilised doing things that are actually enjoyable.
  • sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User

The drop rate on the sash is like 1 in 10,000 , it is very rare, just wait until the end of the event and they put it in the event store. I heard everyone last year having a big hissy fit over this and this year will be no different. Take your time, you are in the same row boat with the rest of us. They purposely did this to make it last until November 7th. Otherwise everyone could get the broom right away and leave.

Strange this is such a nice event and again they didn't learn from last year. Like i have been reading in zone chat a lot of people can't get pinata's and then there is also a small chance to get the sash. Double minuspoints isn't it¿ Someone told me the biggest factor is how the code is programmed to use the RNG to pick from its lists. Now i wonder (i am not a IT person but) who was the person who programmed that machine called RNG¿ Logic thinking is, if it isn't programmed like it should be, the drop rate makes a huge different. So IT guys check the program and make people happy instead of discourage them. Thanks in advange

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Just think. You burn up 100 pinatas to get the sash. That alone takes more than THREE HOURS. Talk about having zero respect for players' time.

The sash should never have been a drop from the pinata. It should come directly from the Illusionist's bags.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'm on 133 pinatas now. So yes, that's almost 4 and a half hours of bashing them. Whoever thought idling in empty dungeons hitting items that don't fight back was fun should be fired.

Incidentally, the drop rate on Pinatas is pretty woeful. As I'd burned through all of the previous ones, I collected some more illusionist's bags last night - not many, as I've already lost the will to live. Anyway - I opened 35 bags. I think I obtained a further 2 pinatas from them.

The whole event is terrible.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I am a bit lost for words.

I got a broomstick relatively easily a couple of years ago cant remember how but NOTHING like this rng grindfest of piñata bashing.

2 min cooldown on each piñata is PROBABLY up there with SCALING as one of the worst implemented ideas in an MMO ever.

Good work team - Neverwinter is certainly going to gain lots of new players with this kind of action-fest ;)
  • audrey32audrey32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    After more than 100 pinatas we're all dreaming of that stupid broom.
    Seriously - farming is all cool - farming for nothing - not so much!
    So much disappointment you can read in PE - it's what is constantly talked about - how some got the sash on 2 pinatas and some of us are still empty-handed after 100.
    Boo!
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Has there been any word on if we can buy them again after the event?
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I am a bit lost for words.

I got a broomstick relatively easily a couple of years ago cant remember how but NOTHING like this rng grindfest of piñata bashing.

2 min cooldown on each piñata is PROBABLY up there with SCALING as one of the worst implemented ideas in an MMO ever.

Good work team - Neverwinter is certainly going to gain lots of new players with this kind of action-fest ;)

Last year wasn't relatively easy. Out of 9 characters I managed one by the end. This year, due in part to last year's leftovers, I made 2.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    forget about the drop rate of the sash. i'm having a hard time just getting pinatas. lol
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    It took me 203 pinatas from countless bags (I was only counting the pinatas) to get my sash...
    sto-sig-pic.png
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Last year i got the sash for three characters within the first week...one on the first day. This year's event was a dud like most of the events since the changes.

I noticed they made it harder to do the pinatas on multiple characters so i gave up trying to get it for a couple characters i want riding brooms. The 2min cooldown seems to be an account thing and we have to be in the game....if i broke a pinata on one character then switched to another...their pinatas had a 2min cooldown. If i stayed on that character for a while, the timer would drop on the next character i switched to.

So yeah...not very fun. It's like the game says...you're rogue just broke a pinanta so your wizard and warlock have to wait before they can break open theirs.
    I also broke a pinata before logging off and when i logged back in the next day there was still a 2min timer on all the characters with pinatas.
    Whatever...at least there's supposed to be the option to buy the sash at the end so i figured I'd get a broom for one of the 2 characters...the other one will have to wait til next year if i'm still playing.

It's gonna be interesting to see how winterfest turns out getting better fishing poles for a few characters....
  • sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I got one of the sashes in 59 piñatas. From my drop rates piñatas drop for me about 10 per 100 bags but rng plays its factor. I am on Xbox. I got another sash by opening 2 random piñatas I found in an inventory. So pure rng. I’m interested to see if they put the sash in the store and how much it is in tokens or whatever. I got what I wanted this year, but it was a grind.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    mwk said:

FINALLY GOT IT! GOSH IT WAS A PAIN!

SEE THE SASH? I GOT IT! I've seen the statement that wearing the mask helps a bit?

What's a sash? I just came back to watch Wonder Woman dance again.
    Oh and yes, this event sucks.
  • juodasjuodas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I mean i am very sad for this event i worked for it so much to get witch sash and when event ended they put npc that sells it are you kidding me ? dev should be ashamed of this stupidity. if only i knew i would hoard tokens and get broom that is just sick and not funny to have this events like this .
  • valka#6506 valka Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    > @"ecrana#2080" said:
    > (Quote)
    > I'm not sure what this thread is about. I saw Wonder Woman dancing and lost all frame of thought.

If you're going to destroy the thread at least use the right Wonder Woman. I get low drop rates, it is difficult to differentiate those from not dropping at all unless people confirm that it is possible.

I mean, unless you have the lead developer trapped in a magical rope that makes them tell the truth and inexplicably do not age between 1940 and 1975. Most of us do not have that option.

[https://youtu.be/YVLJcBsD__E]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(TV_series)
    Post edited by valka#6506 on
    hahaha what a throwback

Thanks @valka#6506 for the trip down memory lane.