test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fun Factor

zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
For long-time players with all classes and for new players alike...

One of the greatest player frustrations is that they cannot afford a set of max enchantments & runestones for eight characters.

SUGGESTION: Create an option to import a complete runestone set from any character to the current character.

REASON: We can already do this manually, but it takes time and we are at risk of accidentally deleting a runestone.
Each Character needs a unique Mount and Companion set... which is a big money maker.
It is difficult to predict which Insignias are needed by different characters so 'Import' is a poor option for those.
It is difficult to macro program import of Enchantments between different characters with different equpment sets.

COMMENTARY: Players love to create new characters and play them. Many of us have a max character but 'fret' at playing a low level character because we do not want to let those expensive stones, enchantments, and insignia sit idle on our "main" character. Please remove this player frustration by installing an ability to transfer Runestones between characters at the press of a button (& confirmation). This feature will make Cryptic money because players will begin playing more characters and upgrade their companions, insignia, and enchantments. Adding this feature will and add fun factor to the game, and variety, which is one of the biggest compaints i see from veterans leaving.

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2019
    That's a nice idea. Something along those lines was discussed when loadouts were first introduced. Something like, "Account Enchantment Chest" that holds all your enchants & runestones (of all types) that loadouts would look to instead of character inventory.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    10/10 would use this. I may even play a few alts more.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    1. You have the "Protect Item" option for a reason. Keeps things from accidentally getting deleted.
    2. Nothing stopping you from ranking up more Bondings.(r15 on my main, r13 on a couple 'primary' alts, r11 on the others).
    3. The idea, I'm sure, is that each character is their own separate entity. Same reason your neighbor doesn't just drop by and grab your car keys - it's *your* car. You want to shuffle stuff around instead of getting new stuff for the alts? It's going to cost you in time and aggravation.

You want 8 BiS toons - it takes a bit of work, as it should.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    The only thing I bounce around are my bondings since they removed the cost to pull them. Before that, everyone had their own set.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

1. You have the "Protect Item" option for a reason. Keeps things from accidentally getting deleted.
    2. Nothing stopping you from ranking up more Bondings.(r15 on my main, r13 on a couple 'primary' alts, r11 on the others).
    3. The idea, I'm sure, is that each character is their own separate entity. Same reason your neighbor doesn't just drop by and grab your car keys - it's *your* car. You want to shuffle stuff around instead of getting new stuff for the alts? It's going to cost you in time and aggravation.

You want 8 BiS toons - it takes a bit of work, as it should.

Don't disregard the OP's main point. The point is that many would like to make and even main more than one character but the annoyance of swapping Bondings/enchantments and insignias prevents them from doing so. Yes, some do but myself alike, many do not want to main more than 2 characters. By maining i mean actually running end game content, otherwise the alts are usually used for grinding purposes.

The game has a money sink system when taking off enchantments so they could actually save players time by introducing this new system whereby you can swap the gear faster to other toons but with a similar cost for money sink.

Eventually more people would start maining more characters and you do realize that most of your stats come from your companions, which you cannot swap over? Thus the result will be more people will spend on companions to benefit the game. What the game is doing is allowing an easier method of swapping that you can already do, with money sink implemented within it.

For that matter, there is actually no change to how you use your toons currently, except you have a incentive to main more toons now.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

Don't disregard the OP's main point. The point is that many would like to make and even main more than one character but the annoyance of swapping Bondings/enchantments and insignias prevents them from doing so. Yes, some do but myself alike, many do not want to main more than 2 characters. By maining i mean actually running end game content, otherwise the alts are usually used for grinding purposes.

The game has a money sink system when taking off enchantments so they could actually save players time by introducing this new system whereby you can swap the gear faster to other toons but with a similar cost for money sink.

Eventually more people would start maining more characters and you do realize that most of your stats come from your companions, which you cannot swap over? Thus the result will be more people will spend on companions to benefit the game. What the game is doing is allowing an easier method of swapping that you can already do, with money sink implemented within it.

For that matter, there is actually no change to how you use your toons currently, except you have a incentive to main more toons now.

As I said, you want to main more than 1 toon, put the money and/or time into it. From a business perspective, it doesn't make much sense for Cryptic to cater to that desire. Take out the need to have more than one set of enchants, and you remove the need to buy wards and marks, which, given the number of listings on the AH, seems to be a rather brisk market.

Can you provide *any* actual data that people would suddenly start "maining" more toons if this suddenly happened? IMO, The most that would happen is it would create a glut of people swapping to FotM classes with no real cost, and people playing showing up in content playing a class they don't really know. Case in point - my paladin - throwing all my enchants over to them would probably push them into LoMM-ready status (they're at about 18-19k right now). I barely use them. I would suck trying to tank LoMM with that toon - but with this new system, it'd be mighty easy for me to fake my way in there...

So, you end up back to the time / money decision - take the time (and gold) to swap things over, or pay (via Zen / AD) to get that toon it's own enchants.