test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.41

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11292853

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Inside Every Spider: This quest is no longer available.

Just curious, but why? Granted, it was a one-off quest, but it wasn't a bad one. Now that NPC has no purpose. I would think that it would be better if more NPC's around the Yawning Portal had odd jobs for us to do. If you go to the Yawning Portal, it's full of players just standing around. It would be nice if each day there was a randomized pool of little side quests we could get from NPC's here and there. The NPC's in the tavern can't all be there only for the food and drink (and while I'm on the subject of food and drink, why can't I try the famous ale that Bonnie mentions? My half dwarf/half redcap is over 21, I swear!).

Oh, FYI: the Anton that we meet in the Catacombs looks nothing like the Anton we find later in the tavern.

Mattrim is now in the Catacombs map, to lighten some back-and-forth travel during questing.

I see the point here, but it breaks Bonnie's dialogue about him being in the Yawning Portal. Some dialogue surgery might be needed.

Acquisitions Incorporated: Dungeon Maintenance: Dinosaurs no longer have a chance to spawn in this instance.

Huzzah! Being chain-knocked-down by the third wave of velociraptors was no fun.

Speaking of Acq. Inc., just what did Jaza do to tick off the entire tribe??? Seriously. I would pay to hear that little story.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, the changes on the Kuo-toa Whips is a start,

Kuo-toa Whips now have a 60 second cooldown on their heal and shield powers.
    Kuo-toa Whips now shield themselves for less damage per cast.

and i might even think about pushing the one or the other character through the Undermountain campaign again, but what about all the other enemies with "crowd control" abilities without decent cooldowns that can drive a player up the wall?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    regenerde said:

Kuo-toa Whips now have a 60 second cooldown on their heal and shield powers.
    Kuo-toa Whips now shield themselves for less damage per cast.

Agreed, this is one of the most urgent changes this game is in need of actually :)
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    My girlfriend was reading patch notes out loud.

What was said:

"In order to resolve an issue in which some Warlocks created before Module 16 had powers stuck in their power tray, a free respec has been given to all Warlocks created before 15:46 PDT on October 22nd, 2019."

What I heard:

"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Warlocks blah blah Module 16 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, a free respec blah blah blah blah all Warlocks blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

I immediately went to the computer, logged in to read the patch notes for my self, I had never believed before this point the dev's would give a Class respec token.

I should have been paying more attention to what she was saying.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Awesome, so I can respec one of my 4 broken loadouts on my warlock....that's great
  • Options
    mysty#4057 mysty Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    On the game screen it says there is 3 more hours of the event. Will we have any time left of the event after the patch?
  • Options
    angva#4659 angva Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Awesome time for the maintenance. What was an urgent necessity to do it exactly during last hours of event? I could finish event within these 3 hours. Now - not a chance. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    taylaamogintaylaamogin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Any chance we might get that 3 hours we had left for Neverember's Recruitment Event back? That's all I need to complete the event and it's kinda annoying I lost the time over the maintenance of issues that didn't pertain to me or anything I am doing right now. Would really appreciate it !!!
  • Options
    maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Classes and Balance

Wizard

Chaos Magic: Activates extremely rarely. Often, throughout the entire fight with the boss does not

activate even once. In addition, not all bonuses from this skill work. Alternate ability (Iced Lightning)

is useless. Doesn't match any builds.

- Rapid recovery: Gain 100% Cooldown Recovery Rate for 5s. And in practice it gives 0% Cooldown Recovery

Rate for 5s.

- Repel: Repel charges 0.09% AP. It is almost 10x less than other skills.

- Directed Flames: Smolder now deals 75% of its total damage instantly when applied but no longer deals

damage over time. And in practice smolder deals 50% of its total damage instantly when applied but no

longer deals damage over time.

- Arcane Singularity: The control effect is so weak that monsters easily run out of the area of skill. Even if a monster sucks, it does not fall in the center of the skill area, only where it managed to run.