test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicks From Pvp Causing A Loss

xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
People are abusing this in my opinion stupid/outdated system. When you get kicked from a pvp match you get a loss no matter what happens. Players have taken it upon themselves to rig the leaderboards this way. If a player gets kicked it should not count as a game for them period.

Hopefully this is something that can be addressed asap

Comments

• gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    It should not be possible to kick people unless they're afk (haven't dealt or taken damage in a certain amount of time). Admittedly, there are cases where I find kicking even non-afk players justified, such as when they're using drains. But as it stands, kicking is abused 9+ out of 10 times, so I'd restrict it to afk players only.
  • kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I would be interested to hear your view on what constitutes 'abused'. I kick often; because you get people on your team that don't even try - hide up top and have never heard of fighting on a node..

That being said; taking a loss for a kick isn't necessarily bad; it keeps the good players honest. I've seen a lot of games where too players stop playing, sit at the canprife and ask to be kicked to avoid a loss

I do think the 4 hour kick timer is excessive, maybe 1 hour? 99 minutes? But not 4 hours..
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    @kegsondeck#2000

Not sure whether you meant me or the op since we both use the word "abused". The way I see it, abusing vote kick typically means kicking people because of low gear/experience or because you don't like them. Almost all kicks in my matches are aimed at non-bis players in an attempt to get a bis player to join instead so that the team can gain the upper hand. Even in balanced matches, some people just need to ensure they'll win by kicking weaker players. And then we complain even more about bad matchmaking...

If you have people that hide up top, sit at the campfire, then kicking is justified. If there is someone not fighting on a node when they should be, then that's usually an inexperienced player, which in my opinion doesn't warrant a kick.

With how vote kicking is implemented currently, I'd say giving a loss is bad. If it was made so that kicking is only possible on afk players, then I would keep the loss there.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Thread has been cleaned. I realize this is the PvP forums, but please keep the PvP in game, and the thread on topic, thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    People waiting until its a 900-300 to kick someone from the winning team is just stupid... @nitocris83 Please forward to the pvp systems team
  • ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Why cant they just put up in match stats of the person if a kick is initiated? Such as...
    K/D ratio
    Healing
    Damage taken
    Time in combat
    Time at campfire
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    ..amount of times person has been kicked ever.
    ..time on node/ nodes capped
    ..drains used
    ..flaming tells sent ...
    ..amount of people that have him/her on ignore .
    ..bot

ya know so you can make "informed" decisions
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    At this point it would probably do PvP a favour if they removed kicks completely. Sure it would be frustrating in some situations, but it's interesting to see the population numbers right now.

Last season we had what? 23 - 24 pages on the leaderboard?

We're 8 days away from the end of this round and we have just over 11 pages worth of players that qualified for the leaderboard.

I personally stopped playing because of the non-stop kick to win. At this rate there will be 40 - 50 players left doing PvP. Why would the devs bother trying to fix anything for such a small, elitist player base?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    because the majority of pvp players are on xbox and ps4 ? where the q pop every 10 mins apparently
    can someone from ps4 or xbox comment on how many pvp pages their leader board has ?
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

because the majority of pvp players are on xbox and ps4 ? where the q pop every 10 mins apparently
    can someone from ps4 or xbox comment on how many pvp pages their leader board has ?

Excellent point. Based on the lack of activity in the pvp forum, I never would have assumed the PvP player base would be large on any of the platforms.

I'm genuinely curious too. Hopefully some console players can give us an idea as to how many they have on their leaderboard.
  • ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Not for sure what what constitutes "leaderboard" but last I checked there were 12 pages of names on Xbox...that was just a few days ago
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

XB is at 11-12 pages I believe and that jumped up a lot from over 7-10 days ago. It was around 3-4 pages for a while because PVP is alive and thriving...
  • animamundi24animamundi24 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Shadowclad enchantments + Sigil of P.Diddy = we're going to reduce PvP leaderboards down to 3-5 pages.
    You either have and use it or lose strictly.