test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Usain Bolt Enemies

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
Y do the enemies have the speed of Usain Bolt? Who's idea at Cryptic was it to speed up the enemies and nerf the player's speed? I know I will never get the answer just had to ask.
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Answer: Thomas Foss
    He is the lead developer and thought they could do more with less. His team pitched us this idea, back on module 16, most of us disagreed about it on preview. I no longer do previews, because our opinion don't matter. They removed the Foundry, Life Steal, Regeneration, Armor Class, and Speed. They reduced Feats, Powers, and Abilities. They made the characters very generic and briefly added "scaling" which was later removed after losing 50% of the population on launch. They admitted that Armor Class had no function in the game... ever, that many of the abilities had no counter abilities to bounce off of, so they added them; Critical Avoidance, Awareness, etc..

At the end of the day, I no longer play as hard or often as I did. Some people don't play at all. I assume you were not around last Spring when that hit the fan. To be fair, it is their game, and we just hang out in their game. No matter how much or how little you spend, they make the rules.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    No I was on deployment but I followed the game to find out what was happening in the community.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    Well, speed? enemy speed? your speed? who cares about speed. Progression in this game is broken anyway. You reach lv 70 in a week, then you go and get to lv 80 and then you are stuck there doing endless campaigns that offer nothing meaningful towards your gaming experience other than increasing the list of INFINITE daily quests, which, if you were to do them all (and you need to do them all in order to progress) take up to 3 or 5 hours of gameplay alone. Then of course you can join dungeons, that is if they are not locked because you haven't finished said campaigns yet. Oh, but you can also start the campaign launched in the latest upgrade. You might struggle... your artifacts are only orange because you have only spent 3 months upgrading them... and you might have to go back to doing dailies anyway so... wait, you have to go to work? you need to sleep? Oh well, you still have 2 hours worth of dailies you haven't done. WHAT? you CAN'T spend 8 hours a day playing? HERESY!
    Well then, even if enemies's speed was reduced to a walk, everything around you is still faster than you so good luck =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    BTW I will just add to this, that along with the red attack zone "tells" generated, I have predicted the pattern for most of the AI in this game. It is kind of sad you can get to the point the game has become a choreographed dance off. LoL Also I like the OP comparing the Jamaican sprinter to this, if you really want to see something funny, go to the Sea of Moving Ice, the polar bear riders no longer use bears. The sit down on the ice and power slide at you!
    wb-cenders.gif