test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2019 Masquerade Team Rewards

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Devotees of Mask and Leira!

Some of you may have noticed that your chosen Masquerade team has sent you the Visage reward early. While this masquerade mischief was not intentional, will not be fixing this or rescinding the reward so players may enjoy their disguise early, be it a witch, wolf, scarecrow, or twig blight!

At the end of the Contest/Masquerade (Nov. 7), the final tally will occur and the winning team will still have their reward available on the vendor so players who did not choose the winning team will have a chance that appearance.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Will wait next year until the winners start to get rewards to choose my team.

A fix was made for this internally but we didn't want to rush a new build this year - especially for something that was benefiting players. But next year it will be fixed :)
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    What about the issue with Pumpkins not having any Charms in them and despawning when you go to open them? Will that be fixed too, because it is pretty annoying.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Another event bug has to do with the illusionists. Some of them used to turn into beholders, but they don't anymore. However, they still have the beholder dialogue ("If I had hands, you'd be in real trouble", "Beauty is in the eye of...me!").
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

What about the issue with Pumpkins not having any Charms in them and despawning when you go to open them? Will that be fixed too, because it is pretty annoying.

The only time I've had this issue is when I've already received a charm from that pumpkin.

This could probably be fixed if they were given the same behavior as the Spectral Tricksters. Where you are not able to interact with the same one until it re-spawned as a new Trickster. Either that or decrease the timer so that we can get the rewards it tells us we're getting.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

A fix was made for this internally but we didn't want to rush a new build this year - especially for something that was benefiting players. But next year it will be fixed :)
    Did this post really happen? Is reality real? What is going on??? :)
    <3<3<3
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User

joe7777 said:

The only time I've had this issue is when I've already received a charm from that pumpkin.

This could probably be fixed if they were given the same behavior as the Spectral Tricksters. Where you are not able to interact with the same one until it re-spawned as a new Trickster. Either that or decrease the timer so that we can get the rewards it tells us we're getting.
    Yeah I noticed it does tend to happen more when I backpedal to pumpkins I already looted.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    > @andorrabell said:
    > (Quote)
    > Did this post really happen? Is reality real? What is going on??? :)
    > <3 <3 <3

And there I thought it only sounded surreal in my head.
    There is a first for everything it seems. 👍
    - bye bye -
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

I know it was a bug and i dont know if you can share this much, but if you can, how the system chosed the winner in the second day of the event ? was it a bad timer or a low trashold of treats ?

again would be nice to know, but if you cant say pls just ignore this request.

Tks for the solution choosed, was a really cool choice (even someone in the loser witch team like myself...)
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    rafaelda said:

I know it was a bug and i dont know if you can share this much, but if you can, how the system chosed the winner in the second day of the event ? was it a bad timer or a low trashold of treats ?

again would be nice to know, but if you cant say pls just ignore this request.

Tks for the solution choosed, was a really cool choice (even someone in the loser witch team like myself...)
    They gave us a better picture of it. It was on their end it doe not mean Team witch can't win. Just that people got the wolf mask in the mail their still will be an official winner. But yeah I think most people are going wolf so I think it might win on pc does not mean it will win on consoles.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

I've only had this happen a few times in a few specific locations. it's happening a bit less than it did last year, but i chalk it up as more of a trick pumpkin than a bug. Last year some people were saying it bugs out when there's a temporary mask (green) and the player takes the charm but leaves the mask. I don't know if the masks can be found in pumpkins this year cuz i haven't gotten one yet, but in the spirit of halloween I don't mind being tricked...i usually just avoid checking the ones it happens the most on.
  • lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Who even won?
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User

Who even won?

Same here on the consoles, who even won?
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Who even won?

Same here on the consoles, who even won?
    I believe the wolf group also won on both consoles. Just check the event vendor to see which mask is for sale. 10K Ad for additional masks if you were on winning team 100K each if not.

• chano13#9005 chano13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    If the wolf team won shouldn't I be getting the mask for free but at vendor its says 100k to get it
  • farfax#6018 farfax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    On PS4 i can only buy the mask of the witches from the last years event.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

If the wolf team won shouldn't I be getting the mask for free but at vendor its says 100k to get it

Did you pick the Wolf team? You only get 1 free mask if you picked the Wolf team. If it says 100k, I would guess you picked a different team at which point you don't get anything free.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Did you pick the Wolf team? You only get 1 free mask if you picked the Wolf team. If it says 100k, I would guess you picked a different team at which point you don't get anything free.
    I picked the Wolf team and had to buy my mask for 100k...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I picked the Wolf team and had to buy my mask for 100k...
    And you did the 10 daily quests required to qualify?
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I am sorry to say but this was fixed at get go. The only set I know that anybody get was of the Wolf team. It was clear that they were favored. I am not complaining btw just you should not call it a competition if you choose the winners at the 1st day. Also I wonder what is the logic to sell the winning team's mask to those who loose. In RL why would you were your opponents gear??? And just think...if people have chosen a mascot isn't it that that one is that they want???? Would have been much better to offer to buy the mask that we have chosen...and the winning team could have theirs at discount. At least it would have make sense
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I am sorry to say but this was fixed at get go. The only set I know that anybody get was of the Wolf team. It was clear that they were favored. I am not complaining btw just you should not call it a competition if you choose the winners at the 1st day. Also I wonder what is the logic to sell the winning team's mask to those who loose. In RL why would you were your opponents gear??? And just think...if people have chosen a mascot isn't it that that one is that they want???? Would have been much better to offer to buy the mask that we have chosen...and the winning team could have theirs at discount. At least it would have make sense

How was it "fixed"?

If more people did more missions for the Wolf team then the Wolf team wins.

Last year the winners were split between PC and console. Was that "fixed" too? Seems like they did a terrible job if so.

I do not like how this is done. I, and some others raised our concerns last year, but that doesn't mean that bad conspiracy theories should be given any credence.

It seems unfair to a whole lot of players that they do the work, possibly more work than anyone on the winning team, but by virtue of sheer numbers they end up having to pay full price for a mask that they did not want as much as another.

That is not to say that they might not like the mask, but they may have just preferred a different one.

I think that every character that made the minimum contribution to any team should get one copy of the winning mask for free.

Not perfect, but it at least acknowledges the time and effort that players put in trying.

Retiring every mask every year is too much, I think, but not cycling out the winner will lead to a stale event after three years when everyone that has been around has gotten every mask. I think that cycling the winner out is just right.

It provides incentive to try to work for the win (you get the discount on extra copies of the mask for your characters), but provides everyone that worked (or played, as the case may be) enough to earn the reward with some reward, even if not the exact reward that they had hoped.

• emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Well you can not determine the winner on the 2nd day of a week long completion. The Wolf mask was sent out on the 2nd day. So it was assumed early on they were the winners.
    Just clarify...i believe many work hard and deserve the prize. In no way I am demeaning their effort and dedication. And it is not a conspiracy theory either. Just a share fact that a competition has to be tallied after the race is done..not when it starts.
  • chano13#9005 chano13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @ecrana#2080 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Did you pick the Wolf team? You only get 1 free mask if you picked the Wolf team. If it says 100k, I would guess you picked a different team at which point you don't get anything free.

I did pick wolf team
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    The problem seems to be if you picked the Wolf team - if you joined the competition a couple of days later, when the winner has already been mistakenly announced. (like me)