test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thread of ongoing bugs yet to be resolved as of Mod 19 Launch

joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
edited September 2020 in Bug Reports (PlayStation®4)
I will edit this thread as I come across them, but this thread will not include bugs related to new features from Mod 17. This will make it easier on the devs to track these bugs. (Note: I will only post bugs that can be replicated and are not situational or only effecting some people)

Edit: Confirmed fixes will be crossed out rather than deleted in case they re-surface.

- Critters have the ability to clip through objects, and this can cause them to get stuck and either ruin or inconvenience an instance run! Making them unable to clip through objects, be it mushrooms, walls, or barriers, would fix this.
- There are times in the River District when reinforcements that are supposed to appear for a Heroic Encounter do not appear and force the HE to fail. Kabal's Counterattack is among these broken HEs.
- The key chest in Kessell's Retreat is labeled Legendary and does not use the Kessell's Retreat Key. Cannot confirm if it will take the Key if you have no Legendary Keys as I still have 6 Legendary Keys, but I did confirm this issue. Credit to forum user zippysox72 for the initial report.
- If you abandon the Quest "Charthraxis" you cannot retake it that same day, unlike other daily Repeatable Quests.
- If a Rogue approaches a Thayan Servitor with Stealth active before the Servitor engages the Rogue, and even while the Rogue remains in Stealth after the Servitor engages the Rogue, the Servitor will still throw a knife at the Rogue despite the fact the Servitor is not supposed to know the Rogue is in that spot. This causes inconvenience in quests like Volatile Compound in Well of Dragons if the Rogue opts to use Stealth to get the Potion without fighting the Thayans because it interupts the interaction.
- If you have Crafting Tasks going on and your Delivery Chest gets full, the Task will stop itself but still consume the Materials required for the Task.
- If you open the menu during Combat or upon arriving in Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley, or come out of a Cutscene in an Instance/Dungeon, a logout prompt will pop up. If opening the Menu triggers this you have to close the prompt and the Menu then re-open the Menu in order to use the Menu.
- The Quest "Ritual of the Dracolich" does not count towards "Legacy Campaign: Shadowmantle Adventures", but the quest "A Chamber of Horrors" does.
- The Quest "Unlikely Allies" does not count towards "Legacy Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons Adventures", but the other Well of Dragons repeatable Quests do count.
- The Quest "Missing Scouts" does not count towards "Legacy Campaign: Jungles of Chult Adventures", but the other 3 Camp Vengeance repeatable Quests do count.
- Killing Animated Swords, Animated Brooms, Scarecrows, Large Spiders, Spitting Spiders. the Skeleton Knight and his Steed, and Will-o-Wisps in Barovia does not count towards the "Legacy Campaign: Ravenloft Conqueror" Quest.
- During the Heroic Encounter "Merchant Misery" in Barovia, the last group of critters takes a long time to spawn, or doesn't spawn at all. It is not known if there is a surefire trick to get them to or not, but it happens every time.
- During the Heroic Encounter "Aquatic Elf Abduction" in Drowned Shore, there is a high chance the Elves will not be there to rescue, rendering the HE broken and impossible to complete. Credit to ravenokami for bringing this up as still bugged.
- New report by me so not sure how long it has been around, but... in Sea of Moving Ice, entering the water while engaged in combat results in not setting sail and taking hypothermia damage. This can prove fatal if exiting a ship you cannot get back on.
- Just like above, not sure how long this has been around, but... in Sea of Moving Ice at the Quest NPCs area, 2 NPCs fighting each other can somehow force you into Combat Mode which can result in being unable to set sail due to the above mentioned bug. Although dying fixes this, it is still inconvenient. This bug also occurs in any zone where an NPC is attacking someone or some thing, including Vallenhas at the Training Dummies and probably in Dread Ring too (have not confirmed Dread Ring but this bug appears to be capable of happening anywhere possible).
- If a Quasit takes enough Fall Damage, it will constantly re-summon itself until you either change maps or re-summon it yourself.
- In Undermountain: Twisted Caverns (and possibly other Undermountain Zones too), "phantoms" of critters spawned by Runic Corruption linger during and after the Runic Corruption.
- Vicious Dire Wolf is classified as a Beast when registered as a Companion, but it is listed under "Mystical of Faerun" in Collections.
- Occasionally, trying to open the Trade House from the Main Menu will result in it not opening and you have to open the Zen Market to get it to open, and then close both. THEN you can open Trade House normally via Main Menu
- Very often, defeating Fenthaza in Fane of the Night Serpent will leave you unable to exit with the portal because something causes you to enter combat. It goes away after about half a minute but is inconvenient nonetheless.
- While Mounted, Weapon and Armor Enchantment visual effects are disabled, and attacking while Mounted keeps the Weapon Enchantment visual effect disabled until you Mount and Dismount again. Confirmed with some Ranks of the Vorpal Enchantment, presumed to effect all Enchantments. Credit to forum user missdayum for the initial report.
- Report by russelguppy that Stronghold Cleric's Wisdom is not properly giving bonus Influence while the Companion Bonus is equipped. (Recently acquired this Companion and can personally verify this issue is resolved.)
- Players are reporting a camera strobing effect that occurs at times when Sprinting or Shadow Slipping that once upon a time was an issue and has now resurfaced. This effect also occurs when Movement Speed is too high, such as Fighters with the Momentum Class Feature or getting hit by the Dragon Turtle in Sea of Moving Ice while participating in the Fishing Frenzy Heroic Encounter. Strobing can also occur if you try to land while sailing but fail to.
- Report by missdayum that the Polymorph buff from Tomb of the Nine Gods stays active if you do not complete the puzzle and does not expire until 24 hours of logged in time have passed.
- Report by DdrNerd on Discord Server that the Choose Stats search function in Tarmalune Trade House is still not updated with the stat changes that removed Armor Class, Tenacity, Recovery, Regeneration, and Life Steal and added Accuracy, Critical Avoidance, Combat Advantage, and Awareness.
- Report by mikewho that Hunter Ranger's Rooting Powers are not activating Panther's Instincts Companion Bonus.
Post edited by joe7777 on

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @joe7777 said:
    > - If you have Crafting Tasks going on and your Delivery Chest gets full, the Task will stop itself but still consume the Materials required for the Task.

I believe this one has been fixed with the release of Mod17, but I need to do so more testing.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User

> @joe7777 said:

> - If you have Crafting Tasks going on and your Delivery Chest gets full, the Task will stop itself but still consume the Materials required for the Task.

I believe this one has been fixed with the release of Mod17, but I need to do so more testing.

It hasn't, every bug I post here is an old bug i have experienced again since Mod 17 launched.
  • zippysox72zippysox72 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Kessells retreat chest doesn't take the kessell retreat key.
    - If you have Crafting Tasks going on and your Delivery Chest gets full, the Task will stop itself but still consume the Materials required for the Task.

I have solid evidence this does happen. I had 13 Gold Rings and 12 Silk Cloth tasked for delivery. The box ended up full of 13 Gold Rings and 11 Silk Cloth. I used all HQ Silk Threads for the Silk Cloths. When I started making the Silk Cloths I had 40 HQ Silk Thread. When I checked my Silk Thread quantity before accepting the items in the Delivery Box I had 16 HQ Silk Threads. When I accepted all the items in the Delivery Box the 12th Silk Cloth task began, and I had 14 HQ Silk Threads left. Cancelling that task put me back at 16.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @joe7777
    User Interface

Professions

When a repeating profession task completes, it no longer has a chance to unassign the artisan.
    It's been fixed on PC. Hopefully this comes to consoles soon.
  • john72175#7604 john72175 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I haven't been able to get the quest unwanted guests to go to barovia on some alts
    edited October 2019

@joe7777

User Interface

Professions

When a repeating profession task completes, it no longer has a chance to unassign the artisan.

It's been fixed on PC. Hopefully this comes to consoles soon.
    I believe you are referring to a different issue because I never have that problem with my Artisans.

I haven't been able to get the quest unwanted guests to go to barovia on some alts

Has anyone else experienced this? I cannot replicate it myself because all my alts that have not done that quest already have that quest.

EDIT: Update on the bug regarding Trade House menu not opening. I opened Wondrous Bazaar from the menu and then went to open Trade House and the bug triggered! Hope this info helps find a fix for it.
    Post edited by joe7777 on
  • vargind#3840 vargind Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have in my inventory some "Disciple of Liera" clothes from a Liar's Masquerade event, which have always had the wrong appearance (they look exactly like Sunite gear). When will they have their correct appearance? Because it's Liar's Masquerade again; you've had over a year to fix it.
  • roguefirefly#6680 roguefirefly Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just missing something. I can't seem to unlock manycoins bank heist. It says the requirement are:
    Must be at least level 70, must be at least 14k item level, and must have completed campaign task Reaner's Salvation.
    I am level 80, 20k item level and have completed this quest and campaign task. Yet when I try to queue it is still locked.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just missing something. I can't seem to unlock manycoins bank heist. It says the requirement are:

Must be at least level 70, must be at least 14k item level, and must have completed campaign task Reaner's Salvation.

I am level 80, 20k item level and have completed this quest and campaign task. Yet when I try to queue it is still locked.

Did you complete the task after that one: "Manycoins Bank Heist"? If not that is why.
    It won't let me. That's the problem. I've completed all the pre requisites and have enough acorns, but it still says locked.

It won't let me. That's the problem. I've completed all the pre requisites and have enough acorns, but it still says locked.

Including all non-repeatable quests from omin?
    Yup. I've done all the weekly quests and he has nothing else for me.

Yup. I've done all the weekly quests and he has nothing else for me.

Turns out there was an issue and it was confirmed by Nitocris and it has been fixed so next time we get a patch it should work for you.
    > @joe7777 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Turns out there was an issue and it was confirmed by Nitocris and it has been fixed so next time we get a patch it should work for you.

Perfect! Thanks for the info =)
    Updated with freshly confirmed info, and hoping these issues get fixed someday.
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Stronghold Clerics power still does not give you the extra 10% influence if you equip that power. My SH is missing over 50000 inf because of that bug, just from me and that's a conservative guess.
    The issue I once encountered with the Drake Handlers quest seems to be resolved now. Either it was fixed or a fluke, but either way I removed it from the list.
  • Quite a few enemies will attack a rogue while stealthed. Had it happen on a good number of occasions.

Quite a few enemies will attack a rogue while stealthed. Had it happen on a good number of occasions.

Indeed, but the Servitors are the worst about it. Perhaps if they fix that they will fix it with the rest. I think the trick is toning up the effects of Stealth on detection. This may be a double-edged suggestion, but perhaps make it so Stealthed players (be it Rogues using Stealth or Stealth triggered by Shadowclad Enchantment) cannot even get engaged by enemies since they should not know they are there.
    I'm really pleased the bug was fixed that prevented rogue weapons from being added to appearance change library, so thanks for that, but certain weapons still don't seem to convert properly. Specifically the blackiron dagger and blackiron rapier doesn't give me the option to choose mainhand or offhand, it just automatically converts to mainhand so I can't have a matching set.

I'm really pleased the bug was fixed that prevented rogue weapons from being added to appearance change library, so thanks for that, but certain weapons still don't seem to convert properly. Specifically the blackiron dagger and blackiron rapier doesn't give me the option to choose mainhand or offhand, it just automatically converts to mainhand so I can't have a matching set.

The reason for this is, even though it doesn't specify it, they cannot be equipped in Off-hand let alone registered for Off-hand appearance. I Previewed each Blackiron Weapon for Rogues and the Main-gauche and Swordbreaker are Off-hand while the Rapier and Knife are Main Hand.
  • tindy#7035 tindy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had the same problem w/mbh they fixed it 2day
    :3 ole man Rope-A-Dope
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Just to add my three cents I've been noticing the last few weeks playing daily:

- The strobing camera effect is back (was fixed once). Whenever you use sprint as a Barbarian. It is quite stressful since the sprint-function is used quite often and can also have dazing effects on yourself while playing this game.

- Whenever you are in Dread Ring prior the daily reset time and accept any of the three quests (Dread Spire, Death Forge and Phantasmal Fortress) you will not be able to use the anvil tied to those quest, which is used to open the second chest for any of the mentioned mini-dungeons. In order to access and get a new anvil you have to exit the area and re-enter it. Only then the anvil will be available again. I have not used the anvil for 24 hours. Tested on multiple days!

- This bug has been going on ever since day one of the Undermountain Expeditions module release. Whenever you run any of the three expeditions (Daily, Warden, Fragment) you will get to a specific longer section of expedition (upside down one with lava and bridges) and come to an area where you can only continue when you break the wooden wall but cannot do so since you are still in combat due to one enemy gets stuck in the wall or whatever (enemies are not even visible). In order to access the wall break option one player needs to defeat himself and run all the way from the start to that wall again to break it. I can confirm this on a daily run basis and has already been mentioned somewhere else by others!

Happy hunting everyone!
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
    missdayum said:

- The strobing camera effect is back (was fixed once). Whenever you use sprint as a Barbarian. It is quite stressful since the sprint-function is used quite often and can also have dazing effects on yourself while playing this game.

- Whenever you are in Dread Ring prior the daily reset time and accept any of the three quests (Dread Spire, Death Forge and Phantasmal Fortress) you will not be able to use the anvil tied to those quest, which is used to open the second chest for any of the mentioned mini-dungeons. In order to access and get a new anvil you have to exit the area and re-enter it. Only then the anvil will be available again. I have not used the anvil for 24 hours. Tested on multiple days!

- This bug has been going on ever since day one of the Undermountain Expeditions module release. Whenever you run any of the three expeditions (Daily, Warden, Fragment) you will get to a specific longer section of expedition (upside down one with lava and bridges) and come to an area where you can only continue when you break the wooden wall but cannot do so since you are still in combat due to one enemy gets stuck in the wall or whatever (enemies are not even visible). In order to access the wall break option one player needs to defeat himself and run all the way from the start to that wall again to break it. I can confirm this on a daily run basis and has already been mentioned somewhere else by others!

Happy hunting everyone!

I do not notice any camera issues when I sprint on my Barbarian. That might be a selective issue rather than happening to everyone. Also I have never had any issues getting my daily Gauntlet in Dread Ring, and if I am not mistaken the daily reset for the Gauntlet is when things like Workshop Morale, Invocation, etc. all reset and if so getting a 2nd Gauntlet should not be possible? Dread Ring has always been weird with its quests not updating to the new day at that same time, which is convenient in its own way for sure sans a 2nd Gauntlet.
  • The tradehouse bug is also true for the zen market and anything else under the store tab. Just randomly won't pop when I get in on some toons. Think opening any other tab fixes it though, I usually just go to inventory since hitting the option button defaults it there.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

missdayum said:

Happy hunting everyone!

I do not notice any camera issues when I sprint on my Barbarian. That might be a selective issue rather than happening to everyone. Also I have never had any issues getting my daily Gauntlet in Dread Ring, and if I am not mistaken the daily reset for the Gauntlet is when things like Workshop Morale, Invocation, etc. all reset and if so getting a 2nd Gauntlet should not be possible? Dread Ring has always been weird with its quests not updating to the new day at that same time, which is convenient in its own way for sure sans a 2nd Gauntlet.
    1. Yea it happens every now and then (not 100% at the time) and when combining certain encounters/attacks with sprinting, the camera strobing appears.

2. I already mentioned I have not touch the anvil for 24h to test that problem and it appears every time. Get to Dread Ring BEFORE THE DAILY RESET without getting any anvil for 24 hours or accepting any quest. Once the daily reset occurs and you accept a quest from Knox (doesn't really matter I guess) and then go to the anvil, you will not be able to get one, it gives you an error in red letters. It is a bug and can only be lifted by leaving and returning to the area. Fact!

But they won't get fixed anyway or getting patched but will return with another module. Just my input to keep the conversation here going. Someone needs to put a word out ya know! :p
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

- Occasionally, trying to open the Trade House from the Main Menu will result in it not opening and you have to open the Zen Market to get it to open, and then close both. THEN you can open Trade House normally via Main Menu

This bug has been there for a while, it is usually when you log in and try and open the trade market for the first time