test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First ToMM Guild Completion

mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
It's been a long time coming... The officers at The Holy Crusaders have done a lot of work over the last few weeks/month trying to help out all the guilds in our alliance, be it getting them into preview or live runs, helping out with builds, the mechanics, etc. Our plan from the start was to push for the first ever PC, Live, Guild completion where all the members of the raid was part of the same guild.

Not going to lie... it was a tough road. We went through a lot of uncompleted runs, heated discussion and endless talks regarding where things went wrong and where we needed to improve.

All of this being said, it was made clear from the start, that we WOULD complete a run with only guild members and finally it's time to reveal the completion picture.

(Note: Please note that this run was using the old 2/2/6 meta ;))

Well done to these members:
  • Sir Aranstel
  • Mira
  • Lilith
  • Strider / Andiemus
  • Hayden
  • Gromph
  • Aria
  • Aelar
  • MiraJane
  • Pistaaa
The Holy Crusaders will carry on to do training runs for everyone that wants to join us. For more information please contact any of our Officers: PS: I have not seen any forum posts regarding any other guilds doing a full guild completion, but if there are we would like to hear about it in this thread.

Comments

• groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    B) THC 4lyfe
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    GJ guys :)
    im not sure if we ever did a run with only Guild Members, cause we didnt really care about that, but we ran it with 8-9 guildmates and 1-2 alliance members from day one :>
  • nigantarnigantar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    1st rly good job guys ;)
    2nd as Tom said, could be possible that we finished ToMM with an "only-guild-grp" months ago ( but noot sure ) - what im sure about is that we finished a run with only guild members alive - like 9 guildies and the 10th non-guild-member was dead or 8 guildies and 9th and 10th was dead xD
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Grats, and kudos to @groo111
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    why not do a run now with the other half of missing classes not shown there.. a non meta class guild run ya know with ..warlocks trs gwfs n stuff ....
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    kalina311 said:

why not do a run now with the other half of missing classes not shown there.. a non meta class guild run ya know with ..warlocks trs gwfs n stuff ....</blockquote

I'm Working on it... ;) I have to say our sw heals still need some practice, at least this one does. :) Picked a bad time to take a month off and then tried to fight to make sw dps viable which... noap. :)
    PS The sw's who ARE doing it on DPS, my inbox is open, ready and willing to take your instruction.

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    sorry double post and cant delete :)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    (Note: Please note that this run was using the old 2/2/6 meta ;))

whats the new meta?

and seriously, congrats!
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

why not do a run now with the other half of missing classes not shown there.. a non meta class guild run ya know with ..warlocks trs gwfs n stuff ....

They do have a Fighter. And that's no small feat!
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @artifleur said:
    > (Quote)
    > They do have a Fighter. And that's no small feat!

Fighter was actank, not dps.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    artifleur said:

kalina311 said:

They do have a Fighter. And that's no small feat!
    fighter = gwf = barbarian for mod 17 terms
    either way no dps fighter/guardians fighters or barbarians
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

offmeta runs have alrdy been done, whats your point?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

Why not do that run yourself instead of jumping on others for not having them in this run?

Or is it just okay to complain that it can't be done instead of trying to get it done?

And there have been runs documented out there already of people completing using those "horrid" classes. But let's beat the same old drum over and over. We all know those classes are weaker. It's still getting done.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I somehow doubt you could find many guilds/alliances that have 10 players that have characters of 24k ilevel or above in the supposedly "horrid" classes. Now yes in the whole of the player base I am certain that there is, but not for an only guild run, which is what was asked. And that is where the fail is, if people are not wanting to upgrade those classes/paragon paths. And where changes need to be made. I would love to see an all fighter/cleric run to see if it is possible though.
  • plums4uceplums4uce Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Psycho on the xbox had a full guild completion on the 26th of October
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Congrats on the guild completion for TOMM. Looks like you're happy, so cheers to that.

I think it is nice to see that people still prefer to play this way, even after a huge drop of morale among players post-MOD16.

Camaraderie is rarely seen nowadays.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Well done ;)

And thanks @groo111 for spending time teaching mechanics to a lot of people, even outside alliance.

• groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    It was my pleasure. Well mostly :#