test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't know about your guys but it seems Team Howlers has won already. Received it in mail.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited October 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Don't know why but I can imagine it has to do with the amount of people going for it. Plus as well as two big alliances going for it as well. From what I read in zone chat last night. But it seems like it has won and I got the mail that says that it has.
Plus the polymorph. Wanted to let you guys know. If you don't believe me these screenshots are the proof.
Not sure if its a bug or maybe a very random chance for some players to get it early. Through some type of mailing rewards system. But either way its kinda cool.
imageimage" alt="" />

imageimage" alt="" />

imageimage" alt="" />
Post edited by thevampinator on

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Indeed, have this in the mail. IDK if its intended or not, last year we got the rewards after the event (after some issues) if i remember correctly.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i got 2 mails today adter turnin in my second treats mission an one was from the tree team an other from the wolf team
    both had perma account bound masks attched with them
    and im on ps4 too
  • modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I just was invoking and found I had it on one of my alt toons as well. What should we do?? We do not want to get into trouble for this, Please advise as soon as possible. @terramak @nitocris83
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2019

I just was invoking and found I had it on one of my alt toons as well. What should we do?? We do not want to get into trouble for this, Please advise as soon as possible. @terramak @nitocris83

Well this bug is on them. The one I recieved I don't on the two alts I used I have not checked them. I did account bank the one I did get for a future werewolf character. But I don't think players should get in troubel for something that broke on their end if it is a bug and not just a random giveaway to the player base. I don't think every player received it in the mail. Just some players. Including myself. Don't know yet on this but I'm sure they might know about it now if not players can tell them or they can take a look at the thread. i they do ask us to delete it then I will but if not then I will keep the one I have and wait for the team to officially win. But if players are getting it in the mail for every character then that is something that broke on their end.

Okay just checked the characters I did the event with this yeara only received the one mail and no other mail on any other characters I only got it on my current main.So I don't know what caused it but maybe players working to the point of bypassing their winning threshold maybe giving it to those that did the 50 treats from kills quest or something *Shrugs*

But it still could have been a random reward for doing the event. So can't rule anything out as to why. But I think the devs will find out whats wrong and hopefully fix it if it was bugged out.
  • jelykjelyk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I got both as well as soon as I finished my 10 quests but just for one toon
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Wow, i haven't even made it to Protector's Enclave yet.. and someone has won already.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Well this bug is on them. The one I recieved I don't on the two alts I used I have not checked them. I did account bank the one I did get for a future werewolf character. But I don't think players should get in troubel for something that broke on their end if it is a bug and not just a random giveaway to the player base. I don't think every player received it in the mail. Just some players. Including myself. Don't know yet on this but I'm sure they might know about it now if not players can tell them or they can take a look at the thread. i they do ask us to delete it then I will but if not then I will keep the one I have and wait for the team to officially win. But if players are getting it in the mail for every character then that is something that broke on their end.

Okay just checked the characters I did the event with this yeara only received the one mail and no other mail on any other characters I only got it on my current main.So I don't know what caused it but maybe players working to the point of bypassing their winning threshold maybe giving it to those that did the 50 treats from kills quest or something *Shrugs*

But it still could have been a random reward for doing the event. So can't rule anything out as to why. But I think the devs will find out whats wrong and hopefully fix it if it was bugged out.
    Witches are the winners, because that is my team. :lol:

I don't know what to say.... how did you guys hack the game? I am joking, of course. The developers will probably handle it with the same precision they did the Ravenloft hunt exploit. In short, ignore it for months, and ban anyone who used it. Yes, brings back the memories...

But seriously, this will not set well with some players on the other teams. Personally I never care who wins, but others will call foul, should the werewolf win at the end of the contest. This is how conspiracy theories are born. Unless they changed the rules and your team won this in 48 hours fair and square, in that case, Congrats!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Didn't this exact thing happen last year (on Xbox only?) as well?
    Maybe it happened to fewer players then, but I'm pretty damn sure I read about people in my Guild & Alliance on Xbox receiving letters just like this with the winning (stupid) Groot mask in advance, and surprise, surprise, the Groots won it in the end...
    edited October 2019
    Well made a new character that is by the way a natural born werewolf and well ran around with her in blacklake just now. With the morph it was kinda nice. Now running in the sewers mowing down wererats using a greatsword of course while in the werewolf form :D.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I got the werewolf in the mail as well. As for the quests, I did all five offered quests two days in a row. Kill or Treat takes an eternity, but I managed to get a ton of voninblood in the process as I did it in Lonelywood.

This sounds like Office Space where they accidentally took out WAY too much money from the corporate account. I'm guessing a dev mistyped a number somewhere when coding it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited October 2019
    Well to be honest I think its way to big the morph and there is issues with it not working its run animation and stuff with classes that are not barbarians fighters or paladins. Size is as big or bigger then Karzov that giant goliath sized npc in blacklake district. That is the final boss of the area too. I think if it was reduced in size to be closer in size to the werewolf companion maybe a slightly bigger then the companion but not to big. Could help make its animation look better plus make it not nearly as towering. But its an interesting polymorph. Kinda wished for a shirtless version lol.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    It was account-wide last year. Why would you expect that to change?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • shrineerune#9386 shrineerune Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I can confirm that I got the werewolf visage as well. In addition to that, I was also sent the Visage of Roots. I was on that winning team last year, but that team wasn't available this year on PC. So, I'm not sure what is going on with getting both bits of mail now. I don't know if it was intended.

Both visages were sent to one of my alts without having the same mail available to all the characters on my account, but the visages were bind to account so it didn't matter. I *think* I actually joined the werewolf team with my main first, but the mail was sent to another one of my characters. That doesn't really matter to me, but I thought it was curious. More visages are not currently available at the vendor for a discount...so I figure that happens at the end of the event?

I find this event super fun and love the event items, but I find it a bit confusing sometimes. Do we know if there will be extra prizes at certain levels of contribution? I suppose it is anyone's guess now that one of the prizes seem to have randomly been mailed anyway. I suppose, in a roleplay sense, this kind of works for Masquerade of Liars. hah I suppose the rules being straightforward would feel kinda false to the event. I hope they kind of roll with it and make the mistakes a feature rather than a bug, as that would be kind of fun. Think that you are going to get one prize? Nope...get many prizes but in surprising ways! hah
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This contest is over before it started. I got told by 2 guild members they decided to go join wolf team this weekend, all because of this bug/glitch. The glitch will now cause wolf team to win due to the factor of people who had not chosen teams yet. Even if the developers get this repaired the monkey wrench is the psychological factor that many will now join the team that already won. LoL

Great work! :+1:
    wb-cenders.gif

This contest is over before it started. I got told by 2 guild members they decided to go join wolf team this weekend, all because of this bug/glitch. The glitch will now cause wolf team to win due to the factor of people who had not chosen teams yet. Even if the developers get this repaired the monkey wrench is the psychological factor that many will now join the team that already won. LoL

Well I think it could be players farmed a lot of the tasty treats. This year they improved the drop rate a lot from last year when it was taking so long to get one treat drop. It was such a pain to farm. This year its better. I'm guessing the tasty treats if there is so many for one team. It triggers the mail out. Going by people getting the groot on xbox last yaer commented by someone up above. Someone in zone chat mentioned 2 big alliances all going for the wolf. I'm guessing they all went farming for it. Possibly many other players too doing the 50 tasty treat quest. For the wolf one. So I think overwhelming support for the wolf triggered the win condition. Eariler then they might have thought possible. So much so that people started getting it in the mail box. Or that could have been a bug with the code either way. Team werewolf got so much support that I think it triggered the winning condition and thus the team won just on day one. Now people know that people are getting it and well choosing team wolf. So More and more getting the morph. I think they might know about the issue Cryptic. But if they do. How I would go about it is well make werewolf the first winner reset the event to where its team pumpkin and team witch fighting it out it out then allow players to try for one of those morphs. SO that way there would be two winners instead of just one. So hopefully they could do that. I mean it couldn't hurt to do it that way. That way the other teams are able to get a chance of winning this year too.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I guess they made sure for everyone to get their reward after the last year incident (which is good, because the reward came so late, I bought it from the shop to be sure about getting it, so got 2...).

Even without this glitch, if you make a team-based game where the players are almost uninterested in any side, people just stack into the one seems winning. I'm sorry for those who wanted to get one of the other two skins, but this event was awfully flawed last year and stayed the same this year.

Maybe if the other teams wouldn't get literally nothing out of it when they lose, people would care less to be work in vain.

Like, why we can't just unlock to buy the team's mascot and the winning team just get it's for free? Maybe then I'd care more to work for a team that's an underdog, but has the best looking one for me.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Well this bug is on them. The one I recieved I don't on the two alts I used I have not checked them. I did account bank the one I did get for a future werewolf character. But I don't think players should get in troubel for something that broke on their end if it is a bug and not just a random giveaway to the player base.

If it is a bug, most likely is, saying it's on them isn't going to save you guys lol. Every bug has been on them. Doesn't stop them from dropping that ban hammer whenever they feel like it.
  • taylaamogintaylaamogin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    r000kie said:

So people who did not chose a side till now are going to join the winning side AND get the stuff? Just great, outstanding job Cryptic!

A couple of guilds I've been in are all 'don't take advantage of the bugs' but we all know dam well they do. Kinda of annoying but I really don't care about the contest. There is no way of knowing how accurate it even is since they botch up everything else in the game.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    See this post, and enjoy the chosed winner team... cya next year
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1252668/2019-masquerade-team-rewards
    edited October 2019
    Well looks like they are not going to ban hammer anyone. They are not even going to release the fix this year going by the post they made on it.