test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchanted Witch Sash drop rate

Hi,

Can someone provide some more info on how low is this drop rate actually? I'm curently getting a little bit sick of trying to get pinatas to have a chance at getting the Sash, thinking to toss is all away as it is bs ... am not happy, I did 74 pinatas since yestorday, this is crazy

FPoSC!

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    74? 100? wow lowbies
    ya im ps4 here an ive seen ppl get them in one or 15 its rng an low rng at that
    hell last year i went through 250+ pinatas an didnt get a single sash then after they supposedly increased the drop rate went throught like almost another 100 an got 2
    its rng
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    The drop rate on the sash is like 1 in 10,000 , it is very rare, just wait until the end of the event and they put it in the event store. I heard everyone last year having a big hissy fit over this and this year will be no different. Take your time, you are in the same row boat with the rest of us. They purposely did this to make it last until November 7th. Otherwise everyone could get the broom right away and leave.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    First of all, the purpose censorship of vulgar/profane language isn't the best way to lament here on forums! However, I do concur with the enchanted sash drop rate being so low chance that farming is absolutely ridiculous! Opening pinatas and no drop of the sash is exhausting, when I look at 1000+ tokens obtained during the process of farming pinatas. Last year, Cryptic changed the drop rate due to complaints and it's exactly the same as last year, but worse! I obtained the sash probably around 826 tokens of farming and opening pinatas. This year, I'm like extremely exhausted with all this hard work farming! I rather pay tokens for the sash. Just do it Cryptic and save the trouble for the community. It's still a lot of hard work farming every material and waiting for a sash to drop!

By the way, someone stated the sash is obtainable from the vendor after the event. How many tokens I need? If Cryptic doesn't change something, I'll just wait after the event.
    @mwk I will just state to read the post above yours. I got the broom last year for one of my 8 characters. I don't recall the exact price but the sash is put in last minute to keep people playing or grinding actually. The broom isn't even used by the character, but I am collecting more casual this year. Don't give yourself an ulcer over this event grind bait people. The whole purpose is to keep you grinding untiil Nov 7th when the event ends. Get the stick and the bristles, the sash will be in the event store. In the meantime, if you get the sash to drop from the pinata, then consider yourself lucky I suppose.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is the third day of a two week event. I farmed eight last year and people were complaining in the first few days then as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Because they want it "now" and don't have any patience.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I had two already, in perhaps 50 pinatas. I actually started to think the drop rate last year was worse, where I had 1 in total.
    It's rng, and that is always nasty. Core foundation of NW and those with friendly rng gods will be happy and those with bad luck will be unhappy.
    As long as they won't introduce a ceiling for tries this will never change, but it's just meant to keep us all occupied.
    Works for me, cause this is probably the most I have been online in a while, cause I could need a few brooms.
    - bye bye -
    @nebo822#7906 he is not trolling, just saying the obvious. This event is barely 3 days old and he isn't just talking about you, chat is full again of people who want to get the broom mount and finish. Most of Cryptic's events and campaigns are arranged in a manner to ensure most players have the longest time finishing it. It came as a big surprise, to most of us, that there was no time or currency gates on the Undermountain. Have you even started the Cloaked Ascendancy or finished Tyranny of Dragons? Those are pretty much how everything goes on their games. Set a lofty goal and make sure very few can reach it before the end date. This broom mount is just a novelty item that you might use around Halloween. Last year a friend of mine, managed to get lucky with a pinata and the sash dropped for him. He has both the broom mount and companion on a character he never plays except for Halloween. This whole thing is very trivial to most people. Telling us you have 2000 tokens tells me you play a lot more than I would ever desire. Enjoy the game and have fun!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    What is the recipe for the broom? Is it all from pinata drops?
    edited October 2019
    1 thing you buy for 200 tokens, 50k AD, the sash (pinata) and 25 bristles (bag) and 600 tokens for the broom in the end.
    Pinatas are also from the bags, so double rng.

Edit: Imo a power mount with gg is not thaaaat trivial. I want one on all my alts in the end, better than having to buy a similar for them. Most of my alts didn't have a power mount before.
    - bye bye -

1 thing you buy for 200 tokens, 50k AD, the sash (pinata) and 25 bristles (bag) and 600 tokens for the broom in the end.

Edit: Imo a power mount with gg is not thaaaat trivial. I want one on all my alts in the end, better than having to buy a similar for them. Most of my alts didn't have a power mount before.

I want to make it clear you are talking about +2000 power and not combat power, this Broom Mount doesn't have combat power it is Epic not Legendary. Power doesn't seem to be an issue, most of my characters have 65 to 70 thousand and 2K is +3%. This can also be received from these mounts; Apparatus of Gond, Heavy Twilight Nightmare, Guard Drake, Heavy Giant Spider, Trained Basilisk, Whirlwind, and Toothesome will not only grant +2500 power but an additional +2500 defense. So the broom is not very unique, just cheaper 50K AD and grind. Players with these other mounts, I mentioned, will have no use for the +2000 power. Players should expect to make a maximum effort, anything given freely has no value and is worthless.
    wb-cenders.gif

oh shut up you troll ... I did over 140 pinatas or so, have near 2000 tokens, I did my fair share of grind

Is the truth trolling or is it trolls can't handle the truth?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited October 2019

I want to make it clear you are talking about +2000 power and not combat power, this Broom Mount doesn't have combat power it is Epic not Legendary. Power doesn't seem to be an issue, most of my characters have 65 to 70 thousand and 2K is +3%. This can also be received from these mounts; Apparatus of Gond, Heavy Twilight Nightmare, Guard Drake, Heavy Giant Spider, Trained Basilisk, Whirlwind, and Toothesome will not only grant +2500 power but an additional +2500 defense. So the broom is not very unique, just cheaper 50K AD and grind. Players with these other mounts, I mentioned, will have no use for the +2000 power. Players should expect to make a maximum effort, anything given freely has no value and is worthless.
    The point is that those mounts cost a lot of AD.
    All mounts with +power do. (around 500k)
    All mounts with the same insig bonus as the broom costs quite a bit AD too.
    I said "most of my alts didn't have a power mount before" because for them, the broom is the best mount they will have.
    If its trivial to you, I don't care. But it might not be that trivial to other people. Disregarding others that are salty about the idiotic RNG (where I got a sash everyday so far while others didn't get one after hundreds of pinatas) because you think its trivial is a bit strange, cause they might not be where you are in the game.

More power is useless how?

- bye bye -
    edited October 2019

The point is that those mounts cost a lot of AD.
    All mounts with +power do. (around 500k)
    All mounts with the same insig bonus as the broom costs quite a bit AD too.
    I said "most of my alts didn't have a power mount before" because for them, the broom is the best mount they will have.
    If its trivial to you, I don't care. But it might not be that trivial to other people. Disregarding others that are salty about the idiotic RNG (where I got a sash everyday so far while others didn't get one after hundreds of pinatas) because you think its trivial is a bit strange, cause they might not be where you are in the game.

More power is useless how?

Layered Random Drops
    Yes there is a lot of the layered drops in this game, over in Chult there is a dinosaur you have to kill for a "chance" to get another type to spawn in its place. Then you have to kill that one to have a "chance" to get the needed drop. Let's assume the odds on both chances are 1 in 10, then by simple math the overall odds of you getting the item are really 1 in 100. So getting a pinata seems to be 1 in 10 out of a bag, and getting the sash might be 1 in 1000 making it 1 in 10,000. I base this on people saying they busted 700 or 800 pinatas before the sash dropped. It could be less, but it is my best guess.

Powered versus Overpowered
    They have put a lot of power on the gear. You also can siphon power from your augment or companion and mount insignia. I might sound "elitist" telling you this -- I have just probably played longer than I should have -- over the last 6 years I used my AD to make 8 characters and I keep them all equally power balanced. However I try not to overpower them, because then I go back to play old content and I feel like I am swatting flies. A good example, today is Monday, and all 8 went through Ballad of Baphomet and kicked his butt in under 30 seconds. The first hero was just about to engage me, when the mega demon went down. There are times, I do remove some armor just to level the battle. Add to this, my armor is IL 770, the old carp from Ravenloft mod 14, 3 modules ago. All my mounts are purple Epic and I have no desire to get a Legendary at all. Baphomet is not a "fun" repeatable, and I don't expect anyone else to play as I do. I use the AD from Baphomet and other repeatable quests to provide fun and games to others. We just had some fun in Barovia on the 23rd and I am already planning the next event down the road. But this is my opinion, I am sure there are players out there thinking they "need" it when they really only "want" it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    FINALLY GOT IT! GOSH IT WAS A PAIN!

SEE THE SASH? I GOT IT! I've seen the statement that wearing the mask helps a bit?

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I think i got mine after about 4-5 pinatas, wasn't really even trying, just had one in my bag, opened it and it dropped. Maybe RNG knew that I was about to go on holidays and wouldn;'t be able to get the rest of the reagents anyway :(

Opened in the Moonstone Mask, if your superstitious.

Hope your RNG improves. When its bad, it really sucks.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    mwk said:

FINALLY GOT IT! GOSH IT WAS A PAIN!

SEE THE SASH? I GOT IT! I've seen the statement that wearing the mask helps a bit?

I'm not sure what this thread is about. I saw Wonder Woman dancing and lost all frame of thought.

I'm not a troll, I farmed for at least 18h hours in 2 days, did not get the sash and I stoped, moved on. Can you move on or are you a troll thats just going around the forum making insulting, toxic comments cos you got nothing better to do in your life? wtf dude ... chill out

I'm not a troll and yet you keep calling me one. In my time here on the forums I have insulted exactly one person. And non of my comments have been toxic or I would have been spoken to by a moderator about it.

So, "wtf dude ... chill out".
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Lol @ the guy who's upset about grinding for 4hours. Must be his first MMO