test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bring back Mount upgrades all the way to Mythic

grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
We need a way to upgrade all the Event Green (and other colors to Mythic Blue.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Since the change of insignia bonuses I have a hard time to figure out a combination of 5 that would be useful - but you are right: it would be nice to have a way to upgrade 2 slot mount to 3 slot one, or changing one of fixed insignia slots to an universal version...
    And I would add: make 2 slot insignia bonus work in 3 slot mount (by not filling one slot).
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

why? Your Mountspeed isnt tied to the Mount u ride anyways?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

No, we don't. Current system works just fine. I will happily take the introduction of Mythic mounts but I see no reason to return to the days of leveling up your mount.

You can go out and buy any mount you need for specific insignia bonuses.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    IMO, there is no point to upgrade green mount. Skin mount can stay as green so that the price would be cheaper (comparing with blue and purple) in Zen store.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    No need no mythic mounts, and no upgrades. How it is it's fine.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

You can go out and buy any mount you need for specific insignia bonuses.

From role-playing point of view I would prefer to have less mounts. It just feels wrong to keep butterflies in the same stable as spiders, spiders and lizards... or store a tornado under the roof.

Actually, I have no idea why there is such opposition to the proposal - you are not about to lose something, just the possibilities would be wider.

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    pls dont, there's nothing being add with a change like that, the system in works already do anything this change could do but better...
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    I seriously don't see any reason why we should be able to do that (also you didn't wrote any).
    But I see one big against it, if you let ppl upgrade all 100+ mounts to "Mythic Blue" (the what?), each should probably have combat power that is diffrent from another, unless you want another copy/paste thing wich would be pointless, and right now I think THAT amount of devs time should be set on more important issues.
    Mount system is fine and flexible enough.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Mythic mount: Ludicrous speed!
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited October 2019
    Why not?

Because if it's skins only there is no reason to add such upgrades, as the current system can swap skins. Then it means new functionality which is not cosmetic, meaning all the old mounts become obsolete and there are new shinier bonuses, that now can be obtained.

What will be the price for that when everyone want one?

Also old lockboxes obsolete, meaning starting rank (8,9) weapon and armor enchantments climb up, until they stabilize.

fun fun fun.

Yeah, lets make one of the most expansive items (legendary mounts) obsolete, great idea.

Also I wonder, if the above is not considered, what is the suggested plan here? Add an upgrade path that will cost 10s of millions (you can't devalue the lockboxes, it's the main company income), and just for role play reasons? I wonder who will be able to afford that for that purpose, I sure won't.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    The last thing they should do is return to mount upgrades. Just buy a faster mount and apply the speed bonus to whatever mount you want to ride. You don't even have to buy one since you can get free blue and purple mounts from several events, such as the upcoming Winter Festival.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Also, the dev required to path out the tracks for upgrade on every mount in the game. Green event pig needs different third insignia bonus and stat boost to go to blue and then purple. Legendary requires a mount power added, then whatever the new tier requires. and this is for every mount in the game, from the zen store, from every event, every promo...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    micky1p00 said:

Also I wonder, if the above is not considered, what is the suggested plan here? Add an upgrade path that will cost 10s of millions (you can't devalue the lockboxes, it's the main company income), and just for role play reasons? I wonder who will be able to afford that for that purpose, I sure won't.

I'm in complete agreement with you. I can tell you what the OPs plan probably was and how the idea came about.

They probably don't want to pay for a legendary mount so along comes the "brilliant idea" to return to a dead system that was removed back in like Mod7 era.

They haven't looked at history and realized that if the devs were to implement this it would wind up costing you more to upgrade your mount than it does to buy the mount now.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The upcoming event (the pit?) will allow players to farm a legendary mount with 100% chance (farm, get currency, buy).

When I saw that, I though: "a new mithyc mount is coming to lockboxes in mod 18". That maybe a nuclear bomb in the game economy, I dont think old lockboxes will be obsolete unless that mithic mount gives more than 10k power, but still the active power and the speed is enough to be a very desirable item

I think the game needs other things introduced before mithic mounts but I was very surprised that they are giving a farmable legendary mount. That will devaluate everything except black ice, arcane whirlwind, and resurgence box. Griffon and swarm even if usefull will go down in prize also.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

The upcoming event (the pit?) will allow players to farm a legendary mount with 100% chance (farm, get currency, buy).

When I saw that, I though: "a new mithyc mount is coming to lockboxes in mod 18". That maybe a nuclear bomb in the game economy, I dont think old lockboxes will be obsolete unless that mithic mount gives more than 10k power, but still the active power and the speed is enough to be a very desirable item

I think the game needs other things introduced before mithic mounts but I was very surprised that they are giving a farmable legendary mount. That will devaluate everything except black ice, arcane whirlwind, and resurgence box. Griffon and swarm even if usefull will go down in prize also.

When I saw it, the first thing I remembered how mod5 devaluation of gear, just before for 4 mods all the gear sets cost a lot (just under a million for piece) then mod 5 they suddenly drop like rain from Tiamat and price drops, and mod 6 it was all obsolete.

I hope it's not the same idea, though something smells weird.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    A legendary mount 100% guaranteed?

Wow that's going to affect the Mount economy quite a bit.

Interesting times ahead
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    "100% guaranteed - if you successfully complete the daily quest for 21 consecutive days."

As for mount upgrades - I can just imagine how well that would go over once people saw the cost - because it'd be more expensive than a mount would be, so, likely in the 1-2M range just for epic speed, 25-30M for Legendary - because there is exactly zero reason to make it cheaper than anything a player could buy from the AH.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I am NOT for mount upgrades, I have enough trouble controlling the Epic mounts I do ride. Prior to mod 16, mount speed could be boosted with character stats. I recall telling my friends, they must have NOS tanks on their mounts. I have trouble getting the mount to stop on a dime. So no stupid speed boost for me thanks!

I also agree with what @plasticbat said in regards to them tweaking and breaking it. Do you want your mount stats nerfed? Because that is exactly what happens. For example;
    "Hey players we raised the level cap on all characters to 100!"
    All the players cheer, "YEAH!"
    "All your abilities and skills have been cut 50% and we removed those complicated boons and buffs."
    All the players, "uh... wait what?"
    wb-cenders.gif
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Sez you. I ride a Legendary Mount and have for a while. My Alts allcride Epic Mounts.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

greywynd said:

I am NOT for mount upgrades, I have enough trouble controlling the Epic mounts I do ride. Prior to mod 16, mount speed could be boosted with character stats. I recall telling my friends, they must have NOS tanks on their mounts. I have trouble getting the mount to stop on a dime. So no stupid speed boost for me thanks!

I also agree with what @plasticbat said in regards to them tweaking and breaking it. Do you want your mount stats nerfed? Because that is exactly what happens. For example;
    "All your abilities and skills have been cut 50% and we removed those complicated boons and buffs."
    The game started in Beta in 2013, Max level -60

THREE YEAR LATER in 2016, Max level -70

THREE YEAR LATER in 2019, Max level -80

If the game is still around in 2022, the max level will be . . . 90

If the game is still around in 2025, the max level will be . . . 100

The change is coming like a slow moving Juggernaut. n the words of General George Patton Jr, "Lead Me, Follow me, or get out of the Way."
    Level cap 70 was 2015. So that throws off your entire timeline.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

The change is coming like a slow moving Juggernaut. n the words of General George Patton Jr, "Lead Me, Follow me, or get out of the Way."

Did you totally miss my point or just avoid it altogether? Cryptic has issues with their own game game engine. Thomas Foss himself admitted on live stream that tinkering with the game engine breaks something elsewhere very often. He did an analogy about it being like an "old Harley". Not entirely sure if he meant the Joker's girlfriend or the motorcycle.

Side topic: I was and always will be against the level cap increases. Anyone blind to how Module 6 and Module 16 didn't improve your characters when they raised the cap 10 points? They keep cutting you back each time this happens. Yes back in Sping of 2015, we were level 60 and they raised the cap 10 point and reduced our characters about 18% so we just grind back up to level 60 again calling it level 70. This Spring of 2019, they do even more damage to the characters and make us grind back up to level 60 yet again calling it level 80. Fools fall for the politicians who tells people they will raise the minimum wages. Same issue, not everyone gets a raise because they are working above the minimum, and the new wages make the cost of goods to increase. Everyone is just as poor and now the food cost more. This is the politics of the game, promise everything and give you nothing and less.

Back to my issue about Mythic mounts, which will only be available in lock boxes, if it ever happens. This will only occur to increase the profits of the game by selling them in the zen store or making them virtually unobtainable in lock boxes. The other possible way to introduce your suggestion will be to upgrade 2 identical orange mounts to cyan but the success rate will be 1% increasing the sale of VIP and keys.
    wb-cenders.gif

greywynd said:

And all this is related to mounts how? Mounts were changed over mod 8-9, and have no relation to player level caps.
    @micky1p00 I don't know where grogthemagnif was going, I was using it by example of how major changes can break the game.
    wb-cenders.gif

@micky1p00 I don't know where grogthemagnif was going, I was using it by example of how major changes can break the game.

Yeah, no argument about your example. It's the response that is totally unrelated.

tom#6998 said:

Sez you. I ride a Legendary Mount and have for a while. My Alts allcride Epic Mounts.
    That doesn't change the fact that the speed isn't tied to the mount. A Leg mount gives you Leg speed, which you can have active on a welfare nag.
    greywynd said:

tom#6998 said:

That doesn't change the fact that the speed isn't tied to the mount. A Leg mount gives you Leg speed, which you can have active on a welfare nag.
    I think grog is alluding to his horrid mount upgrade proposition by showing that he would like to get a legendary on his Alts since they're at epic.

Again, ignoring that if they went back to a mount upgrade system it would cost more to go to legendary than it would for him to just go buy 2-3 of the cheapest legendary mounts on the AH.