test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you play random queues for fun or for RAD?

2»

Comments

• oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

> @frogwalloper#6494 said:

> (Quote)

> I don't even think they're the same are they? I read in a few other threads how players were seeing some of their higher IL character's stats getting suppressed to values less than their lowK character's stats.

>

> That can't be right - I mean I believe them since this past cta saw numerous examples of lowk players outscoring active players with 10K or more IL - but that shouldn't even be possible.

well equiped and built chars still way outperfrom lower IL chars even when scaled.

This is the forums, we do not accept facts or logic here sir.

As i was trying to allude to ( and apparently phrased poorly ) in my original post, any discussion about *fun* in Neverwinter usually devolves into some form of whining, straight up misinformation about irrelevant topics or calls to make everything easier, faster and more rewarding.

My primary goal is always AD, fun comes from character progression / meeting goals not from murdering the same brainless NPCs over and over again on dungeon run #67834. I do enjoy RQ and dungeons in general far more since the mob Crit Severity fix and HP changes, they brought some much needed extended combat time. With that said i still dislike the overall concept of random queues and i absolutely despise the removal of any form of difficult mechanics from RQ content.

The AD rewards from RQ were ridiculously over buffed so at the very least they should present some challenge ( a.k.a fun ) to anyone who isn't an end game player yet half the dungeons in REDQ for example have bosses that cannot out damage even insignia healing, none of the old one shot mechanics one shot anymore and a certain permadeath platform mechanic was straight up removed. How anyone finds this level of dumbing down acceptable is beyond me but here we are.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    It depends on your equipment bonuses and where your stats are set. It takes about 80,000 crit in order to have 50% when downscaled to RtQ/dungeons. Combined rating is totally negated from high level gear. For non-healers, the Orcus Set downscales really well. In higher level dungeons The Halaster set + Star Rover Bracers is like an Orcus Set with extra stats.

I do have a lot of fun with the Trials and dungeons, but I get frustrated when team is literally a bunch of farmers not there to contribute and I end up using a pile of Mass Life Scrolls that cost as much as the AD i'm getting.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

> @frogwalloper#6494 said:

> (Quote)

> I don't even think they're the same are they? I read in a few other threads how players were seeing some of their higher IL character's stats getting suppressed to values less than their lowK character's stats.

>

> That can't be right - I mean I believe them since this past cta saw numerous examples of lowk players outscoring active players with 10K or more IL - but that shouldn't even be possible.

well equiped and built chars still way outperfrom lower IL chars even when scaled.

while this is true, it shouldn't be true for any char. even a poorly equipped and clueless on char creation and skill, level 80 should out perform a level 50.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I was the tank that left waiting for you to come back.

What was I suposed to do. Wait patiently for my teammates, to fail or to play at all. If you had the tank char, how comes, that my TR had aggro most of the times whie I fought the boss? A long time player should be skilled and geared enough, to avoid that. This was a 23k IL alt and not a 25k near BIS char running with newbies.

If you participated in the run, you know, that we wasted most of the time waiting for the others to come around and that I had to clear the way to Orcus without much help from my 'teammates' otherwise we would have taken even more time.

Long story short, this team wasted more of my time until we reached Orcus, then I, when I went AFK. As I said, I dont feel obliged, to show consideration for ppl, who dont feel the same way. If you were cought in the crossfire, I am sorry, but if my teammates dont care, that they waste my time and dont even bother to answer, when I ask them, what is up or to hurry, they got, what they deserved.

If they had bothered to stay at the computer, walk along and contruibute a bit, I would have finshed the run, even if it would have taken way longer, bc the other dps sucked.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I didnt bother to farm ad in previous random queues, because the time was too much to get 100k.
    Now with the new system I farm trial and epic dungeon and get 100k in 20 mins, so i do it every day.

For people who did in the old system, now they have more free time to do what they want.... so overall the fun increased... and I see 16k IL players doing random trial... they sometimes find a good group and get 50K free AD.

so I suppose is a good change for everyone?..... but the ZAX is increasing since everyone has more AD.... tic tac tic tac... is good for everyone if all the items on AH go up in prize because AD are devaluated? We will see.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The Trial queue reward seemed designed to attract well geared players. Compared to the old Expert queue, you can earn almost double the RAD in one-third of the time. If you get role bonus and have 35K invoke bonus RAD, you can come close to getting 100K for a single eDemo run.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    asterotg said:

What was I suposed to do. Wait patiently for my teammates, to fail or to play at all. If you had the tank char, how comes, that my TR had aggro most of the times whie I fought the boss? A long time player should be skilled and geared enough, to avoid that. This was a 23k IL alt and not a 25k near BIS char running with newbies.

If you participated in the run, you know, that we wasted most of the time waiting for the others to come around and that I had to clear the way to Orcus without much help from my 'teammates' otherwise we would have taken even more time.

Long story short, this team wasted more of my time until we reached Orcus, then I, when I went AFK. As I said, I dont feel obliged, to show consideration for ppl, who dont feel the same way. If you were cought in the crossfire, I am sorry, but if my teammates dont care, that they waste my time and dont even bother to answer, when I ask them, what is up or to hurry, they got, what they deserved.

If they had bothered to stay at the computer, walk along and contruibute a bit, I would have finshed the run, even if it would have taken way longer, bc the other dps sucked.

Apparently you missed the "there is a new player" announcement at the beginning. Judging from the actions of the others I would have to say there was more than one.

If you "had aggro most of the times" why did he keep spinning around to hit me? He killed both of us almost at the same time.

My point is: you complain about AFK, not contributing, etc. and then do the same damn thing, that makes you a hypocrite.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't do RQ. I seriously cannot recall the last time I did the RQ. The only time I play any of them, I bring up the dungeon or skirmish I want and wait for the PUG. To answer this another way, if I happen to be in the RQ, then I am not getting AD at all, because I chose to be there. Fun is what you make of it. Everything I do is for fun or I would not do it, in this, or any other game. You can see players just bum rush the dungeon, telling you, they are not there to experience the content. When was the last time you grabbed Cloak Tower and picked up all 3 crystals and all 3 plants for the 2 bonus chests?

Most players seem to be driven to make AD and XP to buy gear to improve their character's performance. They want to be able to perform well in the current release content (aka end game content) . Where I don't strive to reach it ASAP, as many of my friends do. They will pop on, throw money at the game, beat the current release, and vanish into whatever they are playing next. I doubt they do much RQ either.

All content should be fun and enjoyable. But the dungeons are far too predictable to be fun or enjoyable after a few play-throughs. The mobs will always attack you from the same location, nothing new or different will ever occur. Therefor I assume anyone joining an RQ is doing it for the AD or they would just PUG the one they want to play.
    wb-cenders.gif