test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggested change to Companion Slots

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
Dead simple.

Change the distribution of Companion Bonus Power slots so that they are figured by paragon rather than class, and alter how many of each type can be used.

All paragons begin with a straight 1 Offence, 1 Defence, 1 Utility.
DPS Paragons gain +1 Offence slot.
Support Paragons gain +1 Defence slot
Everyone gets +1 Universal slot to use any one of the three types.

I understand that this would probably lead to most people using a second Utility, but would that really be a game changer?
It would certainly allow for more practical distributions for DPS/Support cross classes and more player choice for individualising characters across the board.

Comments

• micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I fully agree and often in our alliance discord we discuss the idea of basing number of offense, defense, and utility based on paragon choice. It would go a long way towards class balance as well.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    They should have given every class the same number of slots since dps barbies and fighters seem to feel they got slighted by the loss of 1 whole offense slot (i don't agree with this assessment at all).

Who could have seen that coming?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited October 2019

They should have given every class the same number of slots since dps barbies and fighters seem to feel they got slighted by the loss of 1 whole offense slot (i don't agree with this assessment at all).

I suppose it depends on your point of view.

If you believe Offensive bonus powers give more to the potential Offensive capabilities of a character, then having 1 vs 3 should give DPS Fighters and Barbarians less potential than say Rogues or Wizards.

If, however, you believe there is no real difference due to enough Defensive bonuses offering Offence stats and vice versa, it begs the question, "Why bother having three different types? Why not just let people choose whatever 5 Bonus powers they want?"

Either way, it could do with being better.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

the type of people that choose barbie as their main, seem to have a tendency towards overexcitability.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    As always, very funny comments I see in this forum. While some Classes use Deepcrow (8k power), Batiri (+ 4% vs Bosses) and Tamed Velociraptor (10k power all of the group have, something feasible for end players) I have to settle for choosing one of these + Minstrel and 2 mates who give 2k of power each.

Recalling that since the Mod 16 preview all classes that do not have 3 defensive slots have complained and were opposed there is this change.

But in the colorful world of 200K + Power it's all a wonder.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

the type of people that choose barbie as their main, seem to have a tendency towards overexcitability.
    Your comment only shows that you are a class hater. Earlier it was said that GWF's only needed to click the Sure Strike button that would do damage when it actually had rotations that might not be as difficult as another class, but would require some skill.

But we have evolved, we play a more "complex" and attractive game for ALL classes, where happiness reigns absolutely.

At the moment I feel so superexcitable to play NW that I barely make my 100k a day, imagine investing real money, which is what I think the game is looking for a player.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I was just trying to gear up Barbarian... It is a bit strange that defensive slots cannot match the offence - or god forbid the utility counterparts - in therms of stacking HP. This is weird.