test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Warlock Feedback...

chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
I main an end game warlock and the warlock is in a much better place for both Hellbringer and Soulweaver. I topped both paingiver and executioner most of the day yesterday with Hellbringer in scaled and non scaled content. Did not run LoMM or ToMM yet tho. Also my Soulweaver build consistently topped the medic charts in random Que’s. I had fun playing my warlock all day yesterday and even carried a few groups through Epic Spider and SoT. What ever they did they improved my warlocks DPS by at least 40% I would guess... maybe more. my 26.5k warlock out DPSed a 25.5K wizards and even if I missed rank 1 in paingiver, I was right by the leader every time. My unbuffed stats are about 170k power, 125k combat advantage and everything else is about 76k, except deflect which is about 56k. Very very happy with the changes to warlock...Very happy!!!

Comments

• kirieshka#8532 kirieshka Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Great changes. Magnitudes slightly increased, buff by 25% damage - removed.
    Results:

Keep rejoicing
  • chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    That’s great, that first place player is far in front but the other 3 are all right in the same ballpark, nice to see!
  • kirieshka#8532 kirieshka Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I think I needed to add at the end *sarcasm*.
    Such a gap in the amount of damage is not normal.
    The same gap between the first player and the second player who is also a wizard, is the same as for the ranger and warlock. I don’t know what class you play but as far as my warlock goes, it’s is much improved, I no longer consider my warlock broken and I am very happy with the change to it. Also like how for squeamish’s, I can switch between dps and heals, depending on what the group needs.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Like tempus I understand that facts, math and ACT are not for everyone. But those are the still the things that I would like Warlocks performance judged by.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    > @chnops68 said:
    > What ever they did they improved my warlocks DPS by at least 40% I would guess...

Be careful with what you say maybe someone will believe that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Not even the rough numbers fit in an increase, much less 40%. Either you are trolling or you were playing with your elbows before
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    If you didn't run LoMM or ToMM you really don't know how far is Warlock damage compared with other classes. We still at the trashcan as DPS spec. Groups keep rejecting Hellbringers for ToMM. The class is a burden for any end game content.
  • necromanceheronecromancehero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    -Did not run LoMM or ToMM yet tho.
    What in Heaven's name are you talking about? ©
    A lot of comments made on assumptions which are best ignored but as for the cursed bite comment, yes, I use a cursed bite build and it is much improved. I did not like the curse bite mechanic originally but felt I was being directed to use it after the mod16 update. As for the feelings comment LOL! Yes I am influenced by empathy as are most people and don’t play the game for the mathematics but because I have fun playing it, that is to say, I have fun playing it again after this update, and such that this is a feed back to the people who make the game forum. To you I say, you have made a step in the right direction. Keep it up.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    If yu happy for your warlock is just for new dps formula for the rest we still on same place.but we losing something in front of other class again.they had benefit more then us from new dps formula on the cryt strike we supposed to do x4 if sev100% and ca capped but i see only a little push up in front old formula so we got nerfed at last lol. Just my impression after test varius build on tomm and lomm with my same group be4 patch.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    chnops68 said:

I main an end game warlock and the warlock is in a much better place for both Hellbringer and Soulweaver

Soulweaver if you encouter any decent cleric i would like to see how you top the chart without sweating your HAMSTER up and him HAMSTER up

You managed to outdps people with Hellbringer congrats!! i do that too sometimes ...
    Looking at the chart at the end of a scalled dungeon/ skirmish technically i've also outdps 24/25k+ IL people as a soulweaver, does that mean that we have a broken class or that maybe, just maybe some people are just lazy or don't know wtf they are doing because they pulled out their credit card to achive said ''item level''?
    Post edited by rev#7881 on
    Soulweaver being equal or not equal to a cleric is a different topic completely, as is, do some players support the game with cash and player skill level. To get back on topic, lol, To Cryptic, the update has improved my warlock, and to the employee who is working on the Warlock class, keep it up, you are going in the right direction, as far as my warlock is concerned.

As for specific issues that need to be addressed by Cryptic, there are a lot of threads all ready out there for those topics.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I think Test are to be done against trustable friend dps multi run to see how yu can do in good skilled grup.
    edited October 2019
    Lol, that’s has to be the most unrelated comment yet. Your opinion on the kaleidoscope of topics you just ranted about was entertaining but pointless. Such that the thread is Feedback to the game makers, and you are obviously not the intended recipient, your argument is mute. The topic of the thread is My feedback, but hopefully your a better person for getting your opinions off your chest. Regardless of your in game experience, it doesn’t impact that fact that I am having more fun playing my warlock this week then I did last week. I don’t know about all the spin off points you make about the other classes, as I said in the beginning, I main a warlock and have no real opinion about other people’s game experience or other class’s mechanics.
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    chnops68 said:

I main an end game warlock and the warlock is in a much better place for both Hellbringer and Soulweaver. I topped both paingiver and executioner most of the day yesterday with Hellbringer in scaled and non scaled content. Did not run LoMM or ToMM yet tho.

If you did not run LoMM or ToMM, exactly what non-scaled content did you run that had a Paingiver chart. LoMM and ToMM are currently the only non-scaled content in the game, that has a Paingiver chart.
    @kirieshka#8532 a quote from you...
    “3 weeks of discussion. Not a single comment from developers. Half a year without correcting the balance of classes. Yesterday I deleted my warlock, whom I played for 1.5 years. Tens of epic pets, artifacts, millions of spent AD. Continue to believe …
    in Class balance yet again.” Comment by kirieshka#8532 September 26

Clearly you were annoyed long before my feedback post lol, and you calling it a review doesn’t make it a review, it’s still feedback. And as to your request to remain silent, just no.

@poisd2strike#7598 I’m not trying to be very technical in the feedback I was trying to deliver to the game maker, I am more or less conveying that I have more fun playing my warlock sense the change, as to your inquiry, what I mean is I am improved in places like Ravenloft and PvP and other non scaled areas. I have played LoMM sense I posted this thread and although I personally never had a problem running it, my runs there are also improved.

I am not implying nor should it be inferred that the warlock is perfect and should not be improved. What I am saying is I am happy with this latest change to my warlock and my warlock has improved and the employee or employees who made this change, (in my view) took a step in the right direction. It is quite possible the change was neutral or detrimental to other players warlock builds. I believe the comments that are made by players who claim their warlock toons preform poorly. I support their arguments to the game maker to keep improving the warlock because as their warlocks improve, mine will most likely improve as well.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    @chnops68 may I ask, what Powers and feats were you using before and what Powers and feats (if different) are you using now?
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    > @chnops68 said:
    > I main an end game warlock and the warlock is in a much better place for both Hellbringer and Soulweaver. I topped both paingiver and executioner most of the day yesterday with Hellbringer in scaled and non scaled content. Did not run LoMM or ToMM yet tho. Also my Soulweaver build consistently topped the medic charts in random Que’s. I had fun playing my warlock all day yesterday and even carried a few groups through Epic Spider and SoT. What ever they did they improved my warlocks DPS by at least 40% I would guess... maybe more. my 26.5k warlock out DPSed a 25.5K wizards and even if I missed rank 1 in paingiver, I was right by the leader every time. My unbuffed stats are about 170k power, 125k combat advantage and everything else is about 76k, except deflect which is about 56k. Very very happy with the changes to warlock...Very happy!!!

You are vastly incorrect. Although our magnitude in powers were increased, the innate 25% dmg our power did was removed. The devs need to add the dmg % to help us compete DPS wise with other classes. Right now, Wiz is dps King, then TR, HR, Cleric/Barb, and then Us. Don't go by iLvl alone.... It means nothing. Compare gear for gear, companions, artifacts, powers, and modifiers..... I am an end game lock... One of the highest lock dpsers in Xbox, yet I cannot touch a mediocre wiz/TR/HR in ToMm or Lomm in DPS...

They are three things to address: spell casting timing, mechanics (solo dmg boss) and dmg % increase.

-Legend
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Is this Pierre Delcto ? Asking for me and my Warlock friends.
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    He posted this in another thread, either he’s trolling or just looking for people to agree with him. Numbers don’t lie and warlock is pretty much in the same place it was before the patch.