test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My warlock is much better, keep the love coming!

chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
After the update on Xbox, I had fun playing all content with my warlock main Hellbringer this weekend, I found some stuff challenging and some stuff easy but had fun playing everything I played this weekend. Did not run LoMM or ToMM tho so I have no comment on those two maps but as far as everything else goes, everything is much improved. Thanks to who ever fixed my warlock!!!

Comments

• droidonroids#1509 droidonroids Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    >
    > On the facts, math and ACT side of this debate, nothing has really changed for the better (except for some minor AOE improvements) and the (DPS) Warlock is still in a bad place and needs significant adjustments.

Ditto
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I find I’m doing less damage after the update. The nerf to KF is putting a dent in my Dps.But I suppose in lower dungeons you may be doing more damage if your stacking SI,in higher dungeons with bosses without adds it becomes useless.
  • chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Hmm sad to hear your warlock build did not improve with the update. As for killing flames, I don’t use it so I don’t know if it is better or worse, as for the Paingiver chart, I find it highly informative such that it shows the total damage per toon per run. For me at least, my warlock improved tremendously in all content. Plz elaborate on the SI comment, I’m not sure what your abbreviating. If you meant RI tho, I don’t use my RI build during boss fights without adds. But to get back to what I actually did say, whoever rewrote the code that works for the company who is responsible for the programing of the performance of my Warlock, you are on the right track. Keep it up. It has for me at least, made a positive and noticeable difference.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Prob your improvent dps for 99% case is just for new formula that make yu x4 on cryt+ca(if cs100% and ca capped) vs old X3 for the rest was almost all flat yu see higher magnitude but yu lost hellfire expertise. So after dps patch..new formula make yu feel better as other but nothing changed on final endgame meta.
    Perhaps that is true, I don’t think my build was benefiting much for my combat advantage stat before, perhaps everyone else figured out how to benefit from CA and I’m just catching up lol all thing are possible in Neverwinter. If the improvement to my toon is due to the CA changes then SWEET, it’s a step in the right direction and am happy to give positive feedback to the employee who made the fix. Keep it up.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Oh god...
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Yep, welcome to the world where facts are valued less than feelings... Positive feedback.. next we'll be advised to try mindfulness if we do not like the state of Hellbringer...
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I think it's fair to say
    the warlock can be enjoyable to play but still aggravating to players because it's not measuring up in the most challenging content. I enjoy the dynamics of the warlock more than any of the other classes, but I'm also not playing competitively or in content where there's a huge discrepancy in dps between the classes - so I keep my mouth shut about that - especially since any positive improvements for endgame warlocks benefits me too.

I just get annoyed when things aren't working properly or are wai but suck - like shadowslip.
    Lol I too play for fun. As far as facts go, this is not the thread for facts. This is a thread I posted to express my gratitude to who ever at Cryptic made the improvement to my warlock toon. Your fact argument is irrelevant to the topic. The only fact I stated is I’m having more fun playing my warlock this week then last week. Fact, my warlock is better after the update. I made no implied statement on your warlock build.
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    SI is soul investiture
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Paingiver, and by extension Field Medic and Immovable Object, charts are near useless for using to measure anything.
    A healer warlock can stand in a campfire and continually cast [Warlock's Bargain] to dmg themselves by 10% max hp, and THAT will count for Paingiver. Along with all the fun things [Life Bind] can do. So if you only went by Paingiver, a Soulweaver Warlock is the best dps in the game (due to self-inflicted pain given).
    Field Medic can also be padded by Hellbringers when they refresh puppet, as the game considers it a 100% heal to the puppet. All of a sudden Hellbringer warlock has 600k+ Healed on Field Medic.

Ironic that the heal spec can cheat Paingiver and the dps spec can cheat Field Medic hmm?
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
    Yes I agree, I can not stack SI in boss fights without adds either. I do not deny that many things should be improved, I just was trying to let the game makers know I think what they did was an improvement, at least for me, concerning my warlock.
    I dont know about the manipulation techniques used to top rankings. I’ve never played that way, but playing the same style of non manipulation game play that I have always played, my warlock has improved after this latest update. My healing is nothing like it was when we could build Templocks with life steal, but sense last week, I’m doing better. That’s the thing I am trying to express to the game makers.