test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cta is not dealing reasonable damage.

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I just solo'd a cta. the toon I solo'd it on is not bis. but not a sad sack either. yesterday i easily could solo shores. soloing cta took about 20 health stones. 12 minutes and it felt like I was dealing no damage whatsoever and the adds and final boss were hitting me like a tank. what made cta palatable before was that it was soloable for decent dps toons so you didn't have to deal with the bloodpressure rising leeches. (I realllly hate leeches at least pretend to help)

ctas should be easy imo. really easy. for the alt toons I've seen out there mine is like a ferarri and I was having a stiff time of it.

I haven't tried shores today. I don't know if that is now impossible too. the scaling seems harsh here though. it says I'm a level 8o instead of saying i'm levle 60. (Which is weird) and my stats are literally cut in half.

i'm looking at the logs the biggest hit I have is 17k and it was a real outlier. while I'm getting hit for 54k regularly from grummish. the adds are hitting for about 6000 hit but there are like 10 of them hitting fast and all at once. there is basically never a time when I'm not surrounded by red. I've tried summoning actual comps and I've tried with the augment. nothing makes a lot of difference.
Post edited by thefiresidecat on

Comments

• stevexbox#5074 stevexbox Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes it scales you down, don't solo it run as a group.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Yes it scales you down, don't solo it run as a group.

you should be able to solo this. EASILY. you sohuld not have to run this as a group. it's always scaled you down but this is overboard. furthermore, this is difficult enough where your average group of 1500 il scalled up to level 60 won't be able to do anythign against it. this toon has 169 power above cap for normal content on everything about 270 hp. and it's struggling here.
    edited October 2019
    this is something I've never seen before I got put into a ongoing cta with two of the original people (I assume) left. this had been going on for 25 minutes before the people loaded in with me. we completed it but this is what happens when there are no high levels loading in apparently. https://imgur.com/a/AJYoFvZ (I tried pasting the link into the image area but nothing happened)
    Well I dont know what to tell you. It's made to run as a group not solo thats part of the change..you have change and deal with it or use all your health stones and cry about it here. I ran it 10 times on 8 toons and no issues as a group.
    edited October 2019

Well I dont know what to tell you. It's made to run as a group not solo thats part of the change..you have change and deal with it or use all your health stones and cry about it here. I ran it 10 times on 8 toons and no issues as a group.

I don't expect YOU to tell me anything. this is feedback for the devs. yes running it as a group can be ok. but I'm not going to do a premade for ancient material and finding a group that would want to in the middle of a new trial drop and double stones drop is a gl proposition. this is something for the noobs. the noobs can't run this without high level help. i've been in a couple 15 minute runs on my healer. the pic above shows a run that failed after 25 minutes (as in the original people left because they could not do it).. LIKE A FREAKING END GAME DUNGEON. that is not what this is. this is an event that you're supposed to be able to do ok at level 15. that means it's supposed to be easy peasy. and end game toon SHOULD be able to do this solo fast because it's something that is supposed to be for low levels to enjoy too. low levels can't do this. the final boss is on par with ras nsi imo. he hits like a freaking tank and so do the adds.

Actual dungeons are meant for groups and not to solo and the rewards are commensurate. This is not that.

and I highly doubt it's on purpose that this is so hard. they've been having some real issues with scaling. that's why tales has been post poned.

and i"m going thru all my health stones anyway even in groups. because the healers have just about zero heals. ppl are dropping like flies on these runs. regardless of what toon I'm using people are dying left and right. if you have less than 100 health you are done for. the adds are hitting fast for about 6k each and there are a lot of them and the bosses are hitting for 60k each. if you're a lower level you really don't have a chance.

the final boss has his ground attack about ever five seconds and he spawns 3 more of the fire archons every time. as a pally healer I was tanking more than healing.

historically I could run thru all my toons for the token about 15 20 minutes a toon. (if you need ten runs they better be guaranteed fast) tonight other than a few gossip breaks I've been on it all night. 10 has been averaging an hour to more than an hour.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    CTA is not the only area damaged by poor scaling decisions. Most of my guild have abandoned stronghold activity because of the high gold cost of maintaining health when dealing with mobs. The recruitment event shows up a number of similar problems in the 0-60 quest line. If I was running this as a new player rather than as a new alt I would probably have given up well before I got my level 59 reward.

CTA is not the only area damaged by poor scaling decisions. Most of my guild have abandoned stronghold activity because of the high gold cost of maintaining health when dealing with mobs. The recruitment event shows up a number of similar problems in the 0-60 quest line. If I was running this as a new player rather than as a new alt I would probably have given up well before I got my level 59 reward.

I've had similar thoughts.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Before someone decided to take away all the leveling skirmishes, this was the next skirmish in line for the ranger I'm leveling. My ranger's at the right level, with a slightly higher item level than required, but as tempted as I am to run it just once, I would feel guilty queuing when I know just how seriously ineffective I'll be. I can root some trash, and share a momentary defense buff, but that's about it.

I am curious about whether this is harder as a cta than it would've been as the leveling skirmish. I had to solo Defend the Village, and that was grueling, but it wasn't impossible. I'm not sure I could clear this with a bunch of players at a similar level - still want to try, though.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I agree. This new version sucks.. majorly. If you want it like this then it has to be a tank/healer/dps setup which, on the other hand, will slow down the rate of running them. It is not fun having to use a health stone every 15 seconds but it wouldn't be fun waiting 20 minutes x10 either....

The last boss is the worst with all the knock-back and fire puddles so you don't get close to damage him as a melee.

If you (Devs) want the game to be like this, then you have to update your matchmaking algorithm to provide better group composition. Otherwise this will chase off anyone who isn't part of a "end-game" clique.
    edited October 2019

I agree. This new version sucks.. majorly. If you want it like this then it has to be a tank/healer/dps setup which, on the other hand, will slow down the rate of running them. It is not fun having to use a health stone every 15 seconds but it wouldn't be fun waiting 20 minutes x10 either....

The last boss is the worst with all the knock-back and fire puddles so you don't get close to damage him as a melee.

If you (Devs) want the game to be like this, then you have to update your matchmaking algorithm to provide better group composition. Otherwise this will chase off anyone who isn't part of a "end-game" clique.

it doens't matter, the composition. I've ran with healers (am one) and I've ran with tanks; end game tanks, really nice ones that are basically tomm read can tank him. I haven't' seen any low levels that can, personally. heals don't heal anywhere near the amount of the every 3 to 5 second "heatwave" that deals 60k damage.

@stevexbox#5074

Get away from me with your salami measuring tape. I don't even have salami. sheesh. you seem to miss the point. yes, if you build right and are in a full party of people that are built right this isn't a problem. but this is a levelling que. you shouldn't have to. it's specifically for people who are NOT built right. and if I were to be persistently be making cta que requests in my alliance I'd be laughed right out of it because END GAME alliances don't bother with stuff like cta gues. they're running tomm and codg for the marks. lol.

this is not supposed to be hard content. do you understand that? I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to be easier to understand?
    So, I queued with my 5K ranger and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it went. I obviously don't understand how scaling works. It really wasn't that much different than playing with one of my characters 10K higher and much better equipped. Having ranged attacks helped a lot for that particular fight. It would've been a much more unpleasant experience at close quarters.

But, the fact that a few times I topped the paingiver chart in groups where the next lowest IL was 20K - on the one hand, that doesn't seem quite right. On the other, this might be the only content in the game where the newbs have ascendancy.
    edited October 2019

So, I queued with my 5K ranger and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it went. I obviously don't understand how scaling works. It really wasn't that much different than playing with one of my characters 10K higher and much better equipped. Having ranged attacks helped a lot for that particular fight. It would've been a much more unpleasant experience at close quarters.

But, the fact that a few times I topped the paingiver chart in groups where the next lowest IL was 20K - on the one hand, that doesn't seem quite right. On the other, this might be the only content in the game where the newbs have ascendancy.

that's really weird. now i'm tempted to try it on one of my levelling toons. lol. it does still seem very borked to me. this has been like pulling teeth for me on my end game toons who need this final cta for the weapons. I really wish they'd have given us an option to buy tokens on the zen market. i'd pay. lol. this is really not fun. I need it for my pally too who has never done ctas before. trying to decide if it's worth it or not. burnished are good and with no zen option I'm sure mighty weapons will be obsolete by the time I can earn them for him.
    edited October 2019
    I'm really curious how your leveling pally would do in there. My paladin gets bopped around like a pinball. And like you mentioned, it's really rare to get decent healing in there. I do feel some sympathy for the healers. I've taken my devout through a few times, and if only my justicar could generate threat that well!

Healing's probably the biggest issue for my lowby too. Those leveling potions totally suck.
    edited October 2019

I'm really curious how your leveling pally would do in there. My paladin gets bopped around like a pinball. And like you mentioned, it's really rare to get decent healing in there. I do feel some sympathy for the healers. I've taken my devout through a few times, and if only my justicar could generate threat that well!

Healing's probably the biggest issue for my lowby too. Those leveling potions totally suck.

I have 3 or 4 levelling pallys at different stages for the recruitment event. I'll give it a try. my tomm ready pally gets almost no heals but can tank.. ok.. not great but ok.. as a healer lol

level 47 pally.. dealing 1 or 3 damage per swipe. one shot if I even looked at the boss. or groups of minions. in with a high level team so no problem finishing it. if it had been five of me we would have had no hope. my heals were about 2000 per cast which no hope of healing to 87000 which is where my hp was at.

my level 62 levelling ranger had a better time of it. but still not great. better stats than my 24k il ranger in there. higher il. second in paingiver 8 minute game. everyone was lowlevel except for one 22k warlock. the warlock had 1.7 mil dmg I had 622k. if he hadn't been there and it had been another low level I think it would have been a 20 minute run.. which is still not acceptable imo.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    edited October 2019

level 47 pally.. dealing 1 or 3 damage per swipe. one shot if I even looked at the boss. or groups of minions. in with a high level team so no problem finishing it. if it had been five of me we would have had no hope. my heals were about 2000 per cast which no hope of healing to 87000 which is where my hp was at.

Guess there's not much middle ground for tanks in this one. Out of a hundred some runs, I've only seen a few tanks completely own that boss, and they were all high levels and really well built - and they played really smart. A few of them I just wanted to sit and watch. My pally's my most stressful run - but I guess that's always been true for me.

my level 62 levelling ranger had a better time of it. but still not great. better stats than my 24k il ranger in there. higher il.

Hopefully there's some tweaking in store for scaling.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    Just ran it with my tank (22K Justicar) and finished about right. The last battle was a bit crazy because our DPSers were a bit light so it took longer than I like (as seen in pain giver placing). Only used one health potion.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Guess there's not much middle ground for tanks in this one. Out of a hundred some runs, I've only seen a few tanks completely own that boss, and they were all high levels and really well built - and they played really smart. A few of them I just wanted to sit and watch. My pally's my most stressful run - but I guess that's always been true for me.

my level 62 levelling ranger had a better time of it. but still not great. better stats than my 24k il ranger in there. higher il.

Hopefully there's some tweaking in store for scaling.
    i think they tested it with a level appropriate toon but left out the high end and the lower end. or something. I got my mighty weapons on my end game dps last night. I wanted to start collecting on pally just in case it's worth it for next year. (no hope of getting mmighty this year) but if it stays like this it just isn't fun. I won't be playing it again.
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > it doens't matter, the composition. I've ran with healers (am one) and I've ran with tanks; end game tanks, really nice ones that are basically tomm read can tank him. I haven't' seen any low levels that can, personally. heals don't heal anywhere near the amount of the every 3 to 5 second "heatwave" that deals 60k damage.
    >
    > @stevexbox#5074
    >
    > Get away from me with your salami measuring tape. I don't even have salami. sheesh. you seem to miss the point. yes, if you build right and are in a full party of people that are built right this isn't a problem. but this is a levelling que. you shouldn't have to. it's specifically for people who are NOT built right. and if I were to be persistently be making cta que requests in my alliance I'd be laughed right out of it because END GAME alliances don't bother with stuff like cta gues. they're running tomm and codg for the marks. lol.
    >
    >
    > this is not supposed to be hard content. do you understand that? I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to be easier to understand?

Who said it's not suppose to be hard... you.. they have changed the game and all things in the last two months this is the new norm they have said that and it's fine. CODG is a waste of time as is anything but TOMM which we were 5% from beating... we run CTA to help our lower lever guild members like I stated before we help our people alot.

Heck I say make it harder bring in more challenges. Tomorrow when I am on I will show you how easy it is.

> @thefiresidecat said:

> (Quote)

> it doens't matter, the composition. I've ran with healers (am one) and I've ran with tanks; end game tanks, really nice ones that are basically tomm read can tank him. I haven't' seen any low levels that can, personally. heals don't heal anywhere near the amount of the every 3 to 5 second "heatwave" that deals 60k damage.

>

> @stevexbox#5074

>

> Get away from me with your salami measuring tape. I don't even have salami. sheesh. you seem to miss the point. yes, if you build right and are in a full party of people that are built right this isn't a problem. but this is a levelling que. you shouldn't have to. it's specifically for people who are NOT built right. and if I were to be persistently be making cta que requests in my alliance I'd be laughed right out of it because END GAME alliances don't bother with stuff like cta gues. they're running tomm and codg for the marks. lol.

>

>

> this is not supposed to be hard content. do you understand that? I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to be easier to understand?

Who said it's not suppose to be hard... you.. they have changed the game and all things in the last two months this is the new norm they have said that and it's fine. CODG is a waste of time as is anything but TOMM which we were 5% from beating... we run CTA to help our lower lever guild members like I stated before we help our people alot.

Heck I say make it harder bring in more challenges. Tomorrow when I am on I will show you how easy it is.

dude, 5 years of this game says it's not supposed to be hard. this is a LEVELLING que that requires you to run it ten times for a token. they don't mean for anyone to make groups for this HAMSTER. I don't care if you find it easy. in some circumstances it can be yes. but in most circumstances it is far more of a pia than it should be.

as far as I am concerned this conversation between me and you is done. we get it. you have a salami that you want to measure. go elsewhere because I am not playing that game.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    While I agree that certain things are meant to be harder, this hardly feels like one of those things that had to be made harder. .

I wouldn't even say it's harder. Definitely more time consuming than it used to be. Toss in 10 runs and it's more annoying than anything.

It's highly annoying to go through a 5 minute run on a tank, come in first on dps, damage taken, heals, killls, boredom, and see 2 of the people in there finish up with 3 to 4 digit damage amounts. Had one guy finish a run with under 100 in total damage. You basically trip into 100 damage just by showing up.

I had one run with a barbie, I knew he was attacking because he was next to me almost the whole time swinging away, finished with 23000 total damage. Lets throw 5 toons of that caliber in there alone and see how well that goes.

While I agree that certain things are meant to be harder, this hardly feels like one of those things that had to be made harder. .

I wouldn't even say it's harder. Definitely more time consuming than it used to be. Toss in 10 runs and it's more annoying than anything.

It's highly annoying to go through a 5 minute run on a tank, come in first on dps, damage taken, heals, killls, boredom, and see 2 of the people in there finish up with 3 to 4 digit damage amounts. Had one guy finish a run with under 100 in total damage. You basically trip into 100 damage just by showing up.

I had one run with a barbie, I knew he was attacking because he was next to me almost the whole time swinging away, finished with 23000 total damage. Lets throw 5 toons of that caliber in there alone and see how well that goes.

if you have 5 end game toons it's a breeze and doesn't take long. 1 end game toon and 4 randoms is a pia. that takes from 3 to 5 minutes on average. one 20k toon with bad enchants and 4 randoms 5 to 8 minutes and extreme irritation. 5 10 k toons or worse.. maybe undoable.