test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverember's Recruitment Event Feedback

124»

Comments

• jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User

@plasticbat: The poster I referred to said quite clearly:

.. I got an alt that I created last time with the same event and just got 55 neverember incentives ..

(emphasis in bold by me)

In other words, he earned 55 incentives in the *new event*, e.g. in the last few days, with a character that was *created during the old event*, e.g. almost a year ago. He did not claim, that he earned these 55 incentives already during the old event, e.g. roughly a year ago. He earned them in the last few days.

The scenario you are contemplating is different: You assumed, that the 55 incentives were earned during the old event, e.g. a year ago. And yes, in this case the 55 incentives would rather obviously not count in the new event.

I guess, the poster decided not to open any level up boxes, after the old event finished (or after the devs removed the functionality, that existed a couple of weeks after the old events, to still earn incentives from the boxes). He then opened the remaining level up boxes during the new event and - apparently - got 55 incentives from the one year old boxes.
    Wish I had read this. I had an old char that _may_ have been created towards the end of the old event last year, I don't remember exactly when I made her. I never thought about it cause I had already had done my 200 incentives on other chars last year (I returned to the game during the event last year).

Unfortunately, limited time, and not really enjoying the class, I didn't do much with this char. A little in the beginning, then mostly an occasional invoke and a little crafting most of this year. I needed to clear out space on her this morning, and she had her level 45 adventurer's pack so figured I'd open it and clear it out. Since she was not level 1 on October 1 (I think she was 55), I never expected her to get Neverember Incentives from opening an old 45 pack that was in her inventory for months, she never got any Incentives previously, but sure enough opening the bag this morning did grant them to her.

Annoying, since I had 2 chars that I was leveling this time, guess I won't be able to get to 100 on one of them now.

I can't believe this was the intended behavior that a char that was level 55ish on October 1 with an old adventurer's pack got the incentives.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    jelara1 said:

Wish I had read this. I had an old char that _may_ have been created towards the end of the old event last year, I don't remember exactly when I made her. I never thought about it cause I had already had done my 200 incentives on other chars last year (I returned to the game during the event last year).

Unfortunately, limited time, and not really enjoying the class, I didn't do much with this char. A little in the beginning, then mostly an occasional invoke and a little crafting most of this year. I needed to clear out space on her this morning, and she had her level 45 adventurer's pack so figured I'd open it and clear it out. Since she was not level 1 on October 1 (I think she was 55), I never expected her to get Neverember Incentives from opening an old 45 pack that was in her inventory for months, she never got any Incentives previously, but sure enough opening the bag this morning did grant them to her.

Annoying, since I had 2 chars that I was leveling this time, guess I won't be able to get to 100 on one of them now.

I can't believe this was the intended behavior that a char that was level 55ish on October 1 with an old adventurer's pack got the incentives.

It might not be the intended behaviour but it is a consistent behaviour with the rest of the bag/chest/pack implementation.
    What I mean is the bag with id X will behave differently depends on the condition (such as player level, event time or not, etc).

So, for you, if you want to do 100 and you can wait and you want to gamble,

1. only level up one character and open adventurer's pack and make sure he gets 100
    2. level up the 2nd character but do not open any of his adventurer's packs from now on.
    3. when the next recruitment event comes, open his packs. May be he could get 100.

You want to do this only if you really really really want the 2nd character to have 100 and are willing to earn less incentive in the next event.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Related to the recruitment event but not limited to it, could you please not force us to jump through all the tutorial hoops on second and later characters?

VIP functions and the Rewards Claims agents are disabled on new characters until they finish the tutorial.

Many UI elements are locked until you click on all the green boxes as they appear.

Some cutscenes can be skipped but others can't. (Guardian of the Nine for instance)

Shimmering Lockbox can't be resolved until we claim our (utterly worthless) bound to character rank 3 enchantment.

The log out warning that first appeared in Cradle last year has now made it all the way to the tutorial. Attempting to adjust options inside the vault gives a nasty warning.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User

It might not be the intended behaviour but it is a consistent behaviour with the rest of the bag/chest/pack implementation.
    What I mean is the bag with id X will behave differently depends on the condition (such as player level, event time or not, etc).

Ya, I understand what you mean. And as I said, the char that unexpectedly got rewards might have been created near the end of the event last year, which the code could have interpreted as char got flagged as eligible for rewards, even though it wasn't this iteration of the event.

Its also probably not a very common situation.
    So, for you, if you want to do 100 and you can wait and you want to gamble,

1. only level up one character and open adventurer's pack and make sure he gets 100
    2. level up the 2nd character but do not open any of his adventurer's packs from now on.
    3. when the next recruitment event comes, open his packs. May be he could get 100.

You want to do this only if you really really really want the 2nd character to have 100 and are willing to earn less incentive in the next event.
    I thought about that and decided I'll probably just deal with the incentives split across 3 chars (with only one getting the 100). Things on the merchant of lesser cost are still useful to me.

It was an 'oh HAMSTER' moment, but I should still be getting 200 overall in the end.

And then make sure no chars have any adventurer's packs left over before the event starts next year so I don't inadvertently mess it up again.

• silvertombisilvertombi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hi guys,
    I would like to have some clarification on how the event works. The only thing that's clear is that you need to create a toon during the event to participate. Now, will those toons still get the incentives and extra stuff if they level after the event is over?How long after the event can we still turn in the incentives? Is the 200 incentive per account cap for this current event, or all future recruitments too (meaning you can only ever get 200, not 200 per event)?
    edited October 2019

Hi guys,
    I would like to have some clarification on how the event works. The only thing that's clear is that you need to create a toon during the event to participate. Now, will those toons still get the incentives and extra stuff if they level after the event is over?How long after the event can we still turn in the incentives? Is the 200 incentive per account cap for this current event, or all future recruitments too (meaning you can only ever get 200, not 200 per event)?

Based on the previous recruitment event experience, there was 1 or 2 weeks after the event is over for the characters created within event time to finish. I can't say if that is still true for this time. I can only guess it will.

You can turn in the incentive as long as that NPC stays. I believe that NPC has stayed there since the first recruitment event.

The 200 incentive per account cap is for the current event. I got 200 last time and 200 this time.

FYI, this thread was created in the last recruitment event (not this one). Hence, you can check what happened last time within the thread.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

Hi guys,

One other point to note, if you hadn't realised yet. You don't need to do the AI campaign. Don't even have to pick up the quest, unlike last year's event that was tied in to the AI campaign.

Another point is you also don't need to level up to 80 or even 70. You get your 100 incentives once you open the level 59 adventurer reward box.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    And if you are hoarder like me that keeps all the XP tomes which cannot be used after level 70. It is the time to use them. :)
    You can get all 200 incentives in no time. :)