test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Halloween Party - 2019

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited September 2019 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I know most remaining players will be busy this October 24th grabbing superfluous items for the Liars Festival. But what about the real Halloween spot?

Yes, I am talking about having a Halloween party with costumes, dancing, music, and drinking!
Let's all hang out in Barovia the monster capital with the vampires, werewolves, witches, and ghouls.
Pretty easy to do, bring your best game face and let's do some hunts, chat, and get the real party going.
Here are some ideas;

Trivia contest? I know it is way to easy to look up stuff online these days. But maybe someone can come up with something?
Scavenger hunt? This would be fun, make list of items that drop in Barovia and have them run around looking for them. The first party to return with all the correct items in inventory wins.
Web Radio DJ? Anyone running Twitch or Discord can stream us a feed. But we need "Halloween music" like Rob Zombie, not just some screamo metal or pop junk.
Costume contest is a must!

Let's show Cryptic we know where the real party should be. Let me know here, if you plan to attend, so we can get an idea how many maps are going to be busting at the seams!

Feel free to pitch in where you can help out.
wb-cenders.gif
Post edited by sandukutupu on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @sandukutupu! Would you be ok with me mentioning this during upcoming streams? Love to promote these type of player initiatives!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    @nitocris83 Go right ahead, we need people to turn out for a good time. As it happens, I was born Oct 23rd at 11:45 PM. I will be there in the spirit of Halloween as my Asmodeus worshiping warlock, Aero Ironcrown and her husband companion Vhex the demon who is in service to her. Some friends told me they play unloved and evil characters in Neverwinter, but all the game lore is tailored to being a hero. One who played a drow in the game said, people of Neverwinter should be throwing rocks at her. This is one of my solutions for playing an evil character in this game.
    Vhex and Aero left their home in the Hamlar Hills, the foothills of the Cloud Peak, to travel north to Neverwinter. Hearing rumors of dragons collecting in the area of Protector's Enclave, the two set out to fulfill their obligation.

Asmodeus sent a representative to Aero reminding her of the pact they made long ago. Still healing in the pit, Asmodeus requires powerful magical energy harvested from souls in order to heal his wounds. What could be more powerful than the souls of dragons themselves? Vhex is loyal to his wife and vows to follow her back into the Nine Hells, if need be.

As far as the good people of Neverwinter would know, Aero and her husband would be just more dragon slayers and welcomed by one and all. Aero asked, the demon sent by Asmodeus, "What should we do, if they ask us to kill Ashmadai?". The representative hissed a grew darker, "You will kill the Asmodeus worshipers then, for if they die by your hands, then they have failed and will pay the price of failure by feeding the Master.".
    It is my hope we can celebrate Halloween and kick off the Liars Festival. So dust off your masks and bring your broomstick mounts!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I can suggest some music to consider that would be work for spooky tunes.

Goth:"Trance To the sun" and "Psyclon nine"

Goth rock: "Lacuna Coil"

Melodic Black Metal: "Cradle of filth" and "Dimmu Borgir"

More thrashy Black metal: "Emperor" or "Satyricon" Or "The Crown"

i hope some of those fit your tastes. I will try and drop by if i can cause it sounds like a good change from my usual solitary Halloweens
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
    @bpstuart do you know an online DJ?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

@bpstuart do you know an online DJ?

Sadly, no. Sorry
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
    edited September 2019
    My husband contacted Paragon Dawn Radio, and Mad Vyking said he has an 8 pm to 11 pm EST slot but his character here is 60. I think we can get him up to 70 in no time. So there is 3 hours of music right there.

I will plan to be online for a costume contest. We will need some judges. I will provide prizes for winners. Sign up here, if you can be there to judge the costumes. I think we should do the standard 3 with a score of 0 to 10. Base the costumes on some categories?

wb-cenders.gif
    I would like to see if we can get an agenda for the day, this is about you the player and not me. I am promoting this, let's make this about the community. We have plenty of time before the 23rd, don't feel you are obligated to "do something" and not be able to do it, just because plans fall through. Take a look here and post Event, Time, and Details. Also check other postings to make sure your event is not overlapping others.

No word back on the DJ yet, but here is my contribution for the day of the 23rd.
    Event: Costume Contest Time: 8 PM to 9PM EST, 5PM to 6PM PT.
    I will need 3 judges, you can sign up here or I will pick from the adventure zone. Arrive 10 mins early so you can find the instance number (map number) that we will be using. I will pick the lowest population. If we run more contestants than available, the judges will have to hop to other maps. The judges will score all costumes based on categories; comic, horror, and sexy. They will score all costumes 0 to 10, and give me the results in a PM or party chat. I will announce the winners and distribute prizes. The winners will receive an epic mount.

Event: Epic Hunt Time: 10 PM to 11PM EST, 7PM to 8PM PT.
    I will supply wanted posters to parties who want to hunt for epic gear. The first party to return from their hunt with the gear, will get rewarded. Prizes to be announced (I haven't thought of anything just yet but I will edit this part at a later date). These will be low level hunts just for fun and prizes.

That is what I am bringing to your party.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Hi Roleplayers.
    I am Took.
    Although I am a NW veteran, I've never had the pleasure of embracing NW's rich RP subculture.
    But, in a rare demonstration of openmindedness, The Took must publicly endorse Wendy Black's Halloween Party.

What an excellent idea.

It is full of the positive energy, esprit de corp (sp) and other fancy words that Took doesn't have the lexicon to use.
    In this crazy time of instability, division and uncertainty, Wendy B comes through with a neat little taste of what made NW fun in the past.

[STAMP]
    This event is Took Approved.

P.S.
    Took is not a good DJ. But Took has "two turntables and a microphone".
    Took can get jiggy with it.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User

I would like to see if we can get an agenda for the day, this is about you the player and not me. I am promoting this, let's make this about the community. We have plenty of time before the 23rd, don't feel you are obligated to "do something" and not be able to do it, just because plans fall through. Take a look here and post Event, Time, and Details. Also check other postings to make sure your event is not overlapping others.

No word back on the DJ yet, but here is my contribution for the day of the 23rd.
    I will need 3 judges, you can sign up here or I will pick from the adventure zone. Arrive 10 mins early so you can find the instance number (map number) that we will be using. I will pick the lowest population. If we run more contestants than available, the judges will have to hop to other maps. The judges will score all costumes based on categories; comic, horror, and sexy. They will score all costumes 0 to 10, and give me the results in a PM or party chat. I will announce the winners and distribute prizes. The winners will receive an epic mount.

I will supply wanted posters to parties who want to hunt for epic gear. The first party to return from their hunt with the gear, will get rewarded. Prizes to be announced (I haven't thought of anything just yet but I will edit this part at a later date). These will be low level hunts just for fun and prizes.

I’m curious. What is the format of the costume contest? Do the contestants get to take turns, catwalk, talk and twirl? Are we allowed to have group costumes? Is a costume just the character’s appearance or does it include their history?

I’m curious. What is the format of the costume contest? Do the contestants get to take turns, catwalk, talk and twirl? Are we allowed to have group costumes? Is a costume just the character’s appearance or does it include their history?

I am guessing most of it will be up to the judges. Was thinking having the contestants, at the Vistani Camp, identify themselves, so the judges can look them over and rate them on a variety of factors. We never had so much control over color schemes before. At this point, I don't have anyone volunteering to be judges. I want it to be fair as possible, any and all suggestions are welcomed. I will supply the prizes and the costume voted the highest in its category wins the prize. Three categories; comic, horror, and sexy, three winners.

wb-cenders.gif
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    If I don't forget, I can bring my half-dwarf, half-redcap Kirstryn and her sister Neemi. Her story is in her bio :wink:

It's neat that you're able to do this right on/after your birthday, so happy birthday in advance.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Hi Roleplayers.
    I am Took.
    Although I am a NW veteran, I've never had the pleasure of embracing NW's rich RP subculture.
    But, in a rare demonstration of openmindedness, The Took must publicly endorse Wendy Black's Halloween Party.

What an excellent idea.

It is full of the positive energy, esprit de corp (sp) and other fancy words that Took doesn't have the lexicon to use.
    In this crazy time of instability, division and uncertainty, Wendy B comes through with a neat little taste of what made NW fun in the past.

[STAMP]
    This event is Took Approved.

P.S.
    Took is not a good DJ. But Took has "two turntables and a microphone".
    Took can get jiggy with it.

NO YOU USED "I"!!!! HOW COULD YOU TOOK!!!!! SHAME!!!!
    @hustin1 I got to looking at the game calendar, realized that people (including myself) will be running around from the 24th to Nov 7th, collecting items for those broomstick mounts and companions. The 23rd happens to be my birthday and the day before the chaos of the Liars Masquerade event. I forget who said it last year, but was suggested too late. I think I gave everyone enough heads up this year, also I tend to be spamming it as I go from place to place. I hope people bring their friends and we can chat about "fun stuff" and not the usual crud we hear all the time in PE. Even if the event didn't cover Halloween, I would never schedule it too close, as many people I know attend physical parties, with real drinking and dancing. :grin: Thanks!
    wb-cenders.gif

Sometime Hladgerd Lothbrok gets a tad bit confused at times...

wb-cenders.gif
    I want to thank Julia @nitocris83 for donating the following prizes;
    • 5 Gifts of the Performer (Performer's cloak, stone of health, XP boost, and Injury Kits)
    • 2 Miniature Giant Space Hamsters
    • 1 Ice Panther Mount
    Looks like we need some more contests! If nobody can think of anything they would like to do, I will just add a few more costume contests during the day and late evening hours.

Remember this is YOUR party, make it a great one!
    wb-cenders.gif
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > I want to thank Julia @nitocris83 for donating the following prizes;* 5 Gifts of the Performer (Performer's cloak, stone of health, XP boost, and Injury Kits)
    >
    > * 2 Miniature Giant Space Hamsters
    >
    > * 1 Ice Panther Mount
    >
    >
    > Looks like we need some more contests! If nobody can think of anything they would like to do, I will just add a few more costume contests during the day and late evening hours.
    >
    > Remember this is YOUR party, make it a great one!

@sandukutupu ...
    Challenge accepted!

The Took donates 2 Coalescent Wards as party prizes..
    You'll get them in the mail tonight.

@sandukutupu , The Took appreciates your positive attitude, community encouragement and esprit de corps.
    NW needs more players like you.

If you need an additional game or event for these prizes, do you have a costume party?
    Scavenger hunt?
    Hide and seek ("Find The Took", for example).
    Either way, sounds fun. Put these coals to good use.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    edited October 2019
    Schedule for Events

We have an entire DAY, let's start it with the server at Time: 6 AM EST, 3 AM PT. (11 AM GMT) and end the same time 24 hours later. This is a global game, and people play in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.

I will need 3 judges, you can sign up here, or I will pick them from the adventure zone. Arrive 10 mins early so you can find the instance number(s) (map numbers) that we will be using. I will pick the lowest population. If we run more contestants than available, the judges will have to hop to other maps. The judges will score all costumes based on categories; comic, horror, and sexy. They will score all costumes 0 to 10, and give me the results in a PM or party chat. I will announce the winners and distribute prizes. The winners will receive an epic mount.

Event: OPEN TIME SLOT Time: 9 PM to 10PM EST, 6PM to 7PM PT.

I will supply wanted posters to parties who want to hunt for epic gear. The first party (5 members each) to return from their hunt with the gear, will get rewarded. Prizes: Gifts of the Performer (see contents above). These will be low level hunts just for fun and prizes. Use of cards is optional.

wb-cenders.gif
    Sent you the Coals, Wendy Black.
    Hear that everyone?

Participate in the Halloween Party for a chance to win one of two FREE COALESCENT WARDS.

Took marketing flex.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Mad King Says contest will be hosted by "Mad King Thorn" at 3 pm Los Angeles, 6 pm New York, and Midnight Munich, Germany!
    How to play?? Do only what the Mad King tells you or you will die*! When the Mad King says to beg, you will beg and when he says to clap, you will clap! Assuming you desire to win. (Simple game of "Simon Says" using the emote system.) For obvious reasons, I will be talking in SAY chat, and playing this in the open field North of the Village. Look for Mad King Thorn@blargskull in your social settings when you arrive.
    * No players are harmed in the making of this event.
    How long??? Until I run out of prizes.

Just killing time...
    edited October 2019

Today is the day, I will be online though out this day at different times. Be sure to stop in Barovia over the following 24 hours to find out what people are doing. If anyone needs prizes for their event, drop a word to me and I can help out. I will have some spontaneous events of my own happen along the way -- just to keep you on your toes -- so you never know what you might get at any point.

Above all else, have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • wamlgon#8772 wamlgon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I can toss in 2 rank 7 marks and 2 rank 6 stones, I know it ain't much but every bit helps, which toon will you be on and I'll hand them over
  • sjk42sjk42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Awesome, neverwinter needs more spirit like this, we need to make it more about the community and less about who has the best gear etc..we all win because we all make up neverwinter :)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Ack! I just remembered. It's 10:26 est. I'll be right over!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited October 2019
    This was the first player's Halloween Barovian Bash and I would call it a success. Here is how my recap of yesterday's events from my point of view.
    (all times are eastern US)

At 9 am logged in and found 27 people in Barovia, I started by asking trivia questions as Llorna Zorg. I pulled out my Ravenloft books and began with some questions. No one was getting them so I softened them to in game information; e.g. What is the name on the grave Strahd kneels at nightly? No it is not, Tatyana's name! LoL
    Later I sent a text to @blargskull to have him check in at noon while I ate lunch with my sister. He informed me the population was about the same and no one was talking.
    Things picked up at 3 pm when I logged back on as Llorna and people got into the trivia question more. But I was surprised to get some weird answers to a simple question like; Who was the prior ruler of Neverwinter? Master Blaster and someone PM'ed me Dagult Neverember.
    I then switched to Aero Ironcrown and came in trashing Llorna Zorg, with lines like; Good thing she is not here now, I really didn't want to play pin the tail on the tiefling. She took people on simple 1 star hunts. After 3 or 4 hunt, players were having fun and set out on their own to hunt for fun and not profit. I told them that 6 pm Mad King would arrive and play games and drop gifts. I took off for supper and watched some TV.
    Later I heard Mad King was a hit. He told bad jokes, played games, and more. At 7pm I started my search for judges and found some volunteers. The costume contest was great and people had more fun with another bunch of hunts.
    Around 11 pm Mad King showed up and had a dancing competition with the party and Nicholas showed up to promote his gith meat. I took off shortly after midnight.
    Some people asked or stated, that Cryptic should do this for the players. No, players need to just host this every year and do it before they start the Liar's Masquerade. I hope to see more hosts and hostess next year globally. All I did was take an idea and promote it. You can do the same. It would be nice to see people in all the time zones hosting the Barovian Bash for all players to enjoy.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I always give weird answers, otherwise what's the point?

Also, Master Blaster rules Bartertown.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Here is a list of the "bad jokes" I told;

I fought a halfing barbarian the other day my shins are killing me! Ha! Ha!

Why is Strahd so unlucky in love? Cause he always loved in vein!

Did you know that the Kuo-toa have engineers? I heard one of them invented a thing called a "stick."

How does Zarovich's wives flirt with their victims? They bat their eyes!

A warlock threw their teacup at me. what do you expect after all he was a Tiefling! Ha ha!

I was giving gold bars out to players who did the /laugh emote.

Thanks for inviting me Wendy, I had some fun too.

Just killing time...