test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has my account been hacked?????

jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
Hi peeps returning after about 6 months away to find i cant log in, email not recognised nor password. i know it is right email etc as i have hundreds from cryptic..ingame purchases etc.
how to i go about resolving this.
thanks

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    What server are you from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you were in WoO when you took your break you aren't now. I checked the rosters.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Hey. yes i was in woo.....been ill for some time so guess dropped from roster.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I doubt even tech support can help, but I will hope for the best, and you just forgot your password. I will take this moment to remind people of some good security practices;
    • Never use the same password and user ID on anything else.
    • When email can be used as the user ID, create a new email just to be used for this purpose and nothing else.
    • Passwords should be very unique and unpredictable.
    • Sometimes just sharing too much personal information online can create a problem (such as Facebook).
    • Worst of all, many gold scammers fully intend to steal your account and use it to spam the next gullible person.
    Keep informed and stay safe. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited October 2019
    well i can see all my old posts so the arc side is obviously ok.
    @sandukutupu: don't use same pw, it is unique, don't use FB or any other such guff. and not sure why they can't recover my account if i can evidence who i am and that over the years i have been playing it is my email account they have been corresponding with?

what is strange is that if i enter my profile using the avatar pic it shows my old account, if i enter profile using link at top of page it says i have only just joined.....confused.com
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

Hi peeps returning after about 6 months away to find i cant log in, email not recognised nor password. i know it is right email etc as i have hundreds from cryptic..ingame purchases etc.
    how to i go about resolving this.
    thanks

You seem to be able to log in fine on the Forums.

I am not certain to what degree the ingame username/password is connected to the Forum one, but I would assume it is the same database used for usernames and passwords.

So are you 100% certain it is not a fat finger problem somewhere?
    no mate checked and rechecked...even went as far as copy and pasting email from forum to game log in.
    JIZZU ARC USER
    Username jizzu#5438 Email dholt@*************.com Joined April 2017 Visits 52 Last Active 8:31AM Roles Member Points 66 Posts 57 Badges 9
    jizzu Arc User
    Promote

Insightful

Agree

Awesome

LOL

this is what i see when i enter profile through avatar pic.....

avatarImage must be less than 4MB
    jizzu#5438

Level 1

this is what i see when i enter profile through link at top left of page.

doens t make sense!

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    omg x never realised that was you tanking everyone in forum rofl! just want quinn and grizzle-chops back :angry:
    I talked to Stray. Apparently Bob swept you out with guild cleaning. So there's no what at this point to know when you left WoO. If you get your account back she say's you're welcome to return.
    yay have acc back........
    Thanks cryptastic for sorting so quickly :+1::)
    Now go survey the damage.
  • sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Welkom back Quinn good to have you here with us again :)
This discussion has been closed.