test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Watermelon sorbet

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I don't think this is giving 10% more power and accuracy as the tool tip says. I have are 183,000 power and 73,400 accuracy. I am only get 9,740 power and 1700 accuracy. This cannot be right am I an idiot or something? Or is my math wrong? So please someone tell me I am miss reading the tool tip on watermelon sorbet?

Power: 183,000 x 0.1 = 18,300
Accuracy: 73,400 x 0.1 = 7,340
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    This came up in my alliance chat on console the other day, it seems that the numbers get scaled so I have to ask, were you in a scaled zone when checking this?
  • dragovf82dragovf82 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    try to check that value without any active pet, if i remember correctly it grab the 10% of base power and accuracy
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Ok I will try it without my pet, and no I was in Stardock when I looked at the amount of points.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I just tried it on my Rogue on PC and my base power without my companion 118,129 and if it's given 10% off my base power is still off by at least 2k. I should be getting 11.8k My accuracy is 30K and it only 2k. I did taken off all the companion bonus off and my power was around 96K then it almost came close 9.6k and the watermelon sorbet was giving me 9.4k. I am so confused right now, that I have stopped thinking about it. But thanks for the help.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • apollo#5199 apollo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    If you check the power stat you will see that your total power comes from 3 sources.

1. Items
    2. Buffs
    3. Features

Almost all power buffs (including gear) buff ONLY the Items portion of your total power and not the other two. Same applies to the other stats too.
    Post edited by apollo#5199 on
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Are you getting any power or accuracy from mount insignias? Those might not be added to total before the calculations.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • apollo#5199 apollo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Are you getting any power or accuracy from mount insignias? Those might not be added to total before the calculations.

Read the post above you :P

Maybe it will help if I make it more clear.

If one has 200k power and gets from items 118k, from buffs 87k and from features 5k, when you use a Watermelon (10%) it will only increase (buff) the Items based power and so 118k x10% = 11.8k and that's how much extra power you will gain and not a 10% of your total power. Same applies to gear that buff the power stat, or any stat for that matter.

As a general rule, buffs don't buff.... buffs or themselves, otherwise there is a risk of an infinite loop.