test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190826c.30

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Note for Preview only: The difficulty of Tales of Old: Throne of Idris has been adjusted; if you've tried it out, we're interested in seeing how the difficulty feels to you. Of note, the portal from which orbs spawn is now more visible, and the screen effect no longer persists quite as much when hit by the orbs.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Future Events
  • Tales of Old: The general difficulty of these events has been decreased, and more Coins of Tales Told are granted at difficulty 3 and higher.
  • Tales of Old: Encounter power cooldown times no longer increase at Difficulty 4.

Combat and Powers
Warlock
  • Dark Prayers now properly summons a Soul Puppet.
  • Dark Spiral Aura: The tooltip now displays the correct magnitude when the player has no dark spirals.
  • Hellfire Ring: The DoT now properly matches the magnitude in the tooltip.
General
  • A power interaction that could cause players to deal immense damage has been addressed.

Enemies and Encounters
Skirmishes
  • Kessell's Retreat: The damage dealt by the boss has been decreased.
  • Shores of Tuern: The damage dealt by the boss has been decreased.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Sounds good. Lets see if this time you hit the goal.

Can I get 2 fabled chapters this time?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    terramak said:

Note for Preview only: The difficulty of Tales of Old: Throne of Idris has been adjusted; if you've tried it out, we're interested in seeing how the difficulty feels to you. Of note, the portal from which orbs spawn is now more visible, and the screen effect no longer persists quite as much when hit by the orbs.

Combat and Powers
    Warlock

• Dark Prayers now properly summons a Soul Puppet.
    • Dark Spiral Aura: The tooltip now displays the correct magnitude when the player has no dark spirals.
    • Hellfire Ring: The DoT now properly matches the magnitude in the tooltip.
    General
    • A power interaction that could cause players to deal immense damage has been addressed.
    ( ‾ ʖ̫ ‾)
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    If I'm not mistaken it has been 8 months since the release of Mod 16, and so far Class Balance has not yet been resolved. A new DPS formula is already working on the live server and my main class (GWF) is still below others. My concern is that with the upcoming events I won't even be able to get into the same elite groups that happens in ToMM, where even having a piece of equipment that I find sensational would be treated as a burden to carry.

And if there are no plans for change, please let me know as I can focus on something new.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This event is a BAD idea in a bis only mod when most players have done all they can do 5 min after reset. mod 17 and the insane player exodus should show you what a bad idea BIS only content/mods are
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Endcontent is adapted towards a small minority of elite players with billions of AD , playing for ages together, and even doing so they needed to train hard, communicating on voicechat to absolve it.
    A game where there is nothing else to head for outside a premade BIS group, except running rebalanced content released >10 mods ago is hard to stand.
    What will happen when console player same as newer player recognize how hard this content is scaled and adpated towards a "one way setup" in a BIS premade group?
    Oneway means you only can run it with:
    -6-7x TR/Hunter/CW....Arbiter, Barbie, Dreadnaught and crappy warlock have to stay outside
    -all using near same Augments,no there are no alternatives, devs do not consider active companions to be part of a competetive setup in their endgame
    -all using same Chest, same hands dropping from trash content...fixing damage multiplier for classes halve way and sticking with some broken mulitplier for power from low level hands chest and that companion looks like doing halve work, I mean you flatened every companionpower with so much ambition and destroyed millions of AD from former BIS comps to simply forget one or two ?
    - all run same old multiplier gear, down to mod 8 plus rings from mod 17, spending 20k+stats at IL 980 where rings from mod 16 spend halve of that ammount- I guess noone invetsted a second to compare those stats , same IL double stats? looks stupid to me
    - Near all run same weapon- and armorenchants
    -all invested 20mio++ AD into max. insignia, max r15, legend mount etc, where a new player these days needs to spend either 1000's of Dollar to get there or simply stay outside

beside that:
    Classbalance is HAMSTER and obvioulsy it needs 4-5 years to get there, to destroy it in a splitsecond.
    Scaling doesn't work in many parts of the game.
    A new damage formular get's implemented, condamned to lead to more disbalance in future mods, instead of solving that topic once and for all
    Actually it looks like devs fix one or two bugs from that endless list and produce 4 new bugs per patch, how?
    What about build diversity and alternative setups, why did you kill all options for variety at once ?
    I also feel sorry for the small community of PVP'ers with their boundless optimism, still sticking with this game and getting hamstered every time-who broke that boons and WHY ?
    The game is hard to enjoy these days :/
    Please cryptic/devs anyone responsible for this mess, take your time and rethink your primary goals.

Forum is pretty much dead actually, noone is posting builds for classes any more, maybe also due to the setup being too straight forward, a lot of player lost interest to even post mayor bugs, since they simply don't care any more due to missing feedback etc.
    PS: and as it looks, noone wants to tank this hamster, tanking in NWO is the most hated role from all
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Endcontent is adapted towards a small minority of elite players with billions of AD , playing for ages together, and even doing so they needed to train hard, communicating on voicechat to absolve it.
    A game where there is nothing else to head for outside a premade BIS group, except running rebalanced content released >10 mods ago is hard to stand.
    What will happen when console player same as newer player recognize how hard this content is scaled and adpated towards a "one way setup" in a BIS premade group?
    Oneway means you only can run it with:
    -6-7x TR/Hunter/CW....Arbiter, Barbie, Dreadnaught and crappy warlock have to stay outside
    -all using near same Augments,no there are no alternatives, devs do not consider active companions to be part of a competetive setup in their endgame
    -all using same Chest, same hands dropping from trash content...fixing damage multiplier for classes halve way and sticking with some broken mulitplier for power from low level hands chest and that companion looks like doing halve work, I mean you flatened every companionpower with so much ambition and destroyed millions of AD from former BIS comps to simply forget one or two ?
    - all run same old multiplier gear, down to mod 8 plus rings from mod 17, spending 20k+stats at IL 980 where rings from mod 16 spend halve of that ammount- I guess noone invetsted a second to compare those stats , same IL double stats? looks stupid to me
    - Near all run same weapon- and armorenchants
    -all invested 20mio++ AD into max. insignia, max r15, legend mount etc, where a new player these days needs to spend either 1000's of Dollar to get there or simply stay outside

beside that:
    Classbalance is HAMSTER and obvioulsy it needs 4-5 years to get there, to destroy it in a splitsecond.
    Scaling doesn't work in many parts of the game.
    A new damage formular get's implemented, condamned to lead to more disbalance in future mods, instead of solving that topic once and for all
    Actually it looks like devs fix one or two bugs from that endless list and produce 4 new bugs per patch, how?
    What about build diversity and alternative setups, why did you kill all options for variety at once ?
    I also feel sorry for the small community of PVP'ers with their boundless optimism, still sticking with this game and getting hamstered every time-who broke that boons and WHY ?
    The game is hard to enjoy these days :/
    Please cryptic/devs anyone responsible for this mess, take your time and rethink your primary goals.

Forum is pretty much dead actually, noone is posting builds for classes any more, maybe also due to the setup being too straight forward, a lot of player lost interest to even post mayor bugs, since they simply don't care any more due to missing feedback etc.
    PS: and as it looks, noone wants to tank this hamster, tanking in NWO is the most hated role from all

Players are leaving .. running for the door because they are happy they are not getting any content and those that have millions in ad and do not spend real money get rewarded.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

This discussion has been closed.