test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadow ignored

tadyttadyt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I am Guild Leader of Babylon and I have always recruited by talking with people in tells and asking them if they would like to join, then sending them guild rules and then, if they accepted, sending them guild invites.
After not getting replies for months to my tells, I discovered , with the help of a random person, that they CAN'T send me tells back, because they receive a message that I aded them to my ignore list.

So steps :
1. Sending them a PM asking if they would like to join my guild
2. The person replied yes.
3. Sent them 5 lines with guild rules, in PM/TELL
4. They receive the message that I added them to my ignore list
5. I sent him a mail, he replied
6. I checked my ignored list and he wasn't on it (I only have 3 players ignored in 5 years)
7. I told him to type in Guild chat and I couldn't see his messages.
8. I added him to my friend list and the bug was fixed. (could send him PM's and could read his Guild chats.

My char: HASHish@tadyt
I did also submit an in-game ticket, without getting a bug number.

Please advise/help with the issue so I can recruit as I used to!

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Can you file a ticket via the website please? https://support.arcgames.com/ I will forward the thread as well. Not sure what would cause something like this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    "Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you got an error in the chat. Let me assist you with this. Please input /Whitelist_Tells 1 and check your ignore list. You might accidentally put them on your ignore list. If it still didn't work, I strongly encourage you to submit an in-game bug report by selecting "Bug Report" from the list of available help options. Even though you won't receive a response to that report, it will be sent to the devs and the QA team. Something else you may want to do is post about this issue on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/bug-reports-pc

If you have any questions, please let us know."
    This is the ticket answer, it was closed :)
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    AWESOME next level customer service! I feel for you tadyt. I have had the same type of problem and it seems that sometimes this happens for no reason. The truly sad thing is that often people weren't able to even tell me what was wrong, so I assumed that they changed their minds. This can cause problems if you are a guild officer for sure. It has even caused some problems within our guild because people thought it was happening on purpose. NOPE, just another bug.

It is sad that you are getting the runaround. I hope someone officially helps you from at least one of the THREE places it has now been reported. This is the main reason I didn't even bother reporting it when it happened to me.

Post edited by oremonger#9999 on
  • Options
    Till now they did help me with different issues. I am aware that this is a hard to find bug, from the point of view of the one that has it. I did by mistake, but I was wondering why I couldn't find anyone in the past months to answer even . It is really hard to recruit now because I do like to talk with people that would like to join and see if they fit into our Guild. Thanks for your support oremonger !