test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mount size

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
most of the mounts seem ridiculously small compared to the dragonborn. and EVERYONE is rocking the db race. can some mounts be made a bit bigger to not look so painful lol. I feel bad using 90 percent of the mounts available for my db toons (all of them) even though this is only a video game. lol. even just ten percent bigger would look less ridiculous. (and I'm still offended by the whip for cats only I love cats and I'd use a cat mount if they were larger and weren't being whipped.)

Comments

• johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    big mounts looks like they move more slowly. I had to change from a large mount to a smaller one to make it look like it was running faster.

I know the speed is the same but placebos work even if you know about them.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

big mounts looks like they move more slowly. I had to change from a large mount to a smaller one to make it look like it was running faster.

I know the speed is the same but placebos work even if you know about them.

I have never experienced this. I don't often say this to people but I think it's all in your head.
  • mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    There are some mounts that look extremely small when used by the dragonborn, but there are also those that look fine.
    mutantgun said:

There are some mounts that look extremely small when used by the dragonborn, but there are also those that look fine.

there are some that look fine. that's why I said 90% :) bears, rex, tensers, sleds, all kinds of machines work. but most other mounts really don't look ok. basically all horses, all dogs and cats smaller dinosaurs and probably others I'm forgetting look bad. i try to stick with just the ones that do look ok. I think the bears are probably just right size wise for db.
    another fun feature that I'd like to see is a random selection from your stable for mount use. I'd love it if I could randomize what would show up at any given time. I have a large stable. I tend to just use one thing because I can't be fussed to go in and change things around.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

mutantgun said:

there are some that look fine. that's why I said 90% :) bears, rex, tensers, sleds, all kinds of machines work. but most other mounts really don't look ok. basically all horses, all dogs and cats smaller dinosaurs and probably others I'm forgetting look bad. i try to stick with just the ones that do look ok. I think the bears are probably just right size wise for db.
    How big did you make your dragon born? I used the smallest size along with shrinking everything to make my dragonborn character closer to a half-orc than the stupidity of the average dragonborn size in the game. It works with most mounts expect cats. You could change your character size and that may help you out.

mutantgun said:

How big did you make your dragon born? I used the smallest size along with shrinking everything to make my dragonborn character closer to a half-orc than the stupidity of the average dragonborn size in the game. It works with most mounts expect cats. You could change your character size and that may help you out.

mine is the smallest size. I guess you and I have different tolerances for what looks ridiculous and what does not.
  • propulsionpropulsion Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    the problem with mounts like this,is also part of the races...so I think the mounts/races should be shrinkable,Because when visiting a bank it's not easy to see the NPC and click on them w/o clicking on any players due to they tend to stay on mount when at bank
    But yeah I get what you are talking about...I was using the grizzly mount and they just seemed slow(until) switched to another like the crab mount so it's weird how one is slow and another is mega fast lol
  • sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I altered my Dragonborn to be as small as possible after realizing how large they are. He uses the Stormraider Clydesdale horse. It seems to me to fit him perfectly. I don’t know that it is offered anymore as I purchased it when I first started the game years ago when I bought it from the Zen store. I love the look with the ruined drake armor even though armored horses took getting used to. A lot of mounts are just too small for him.
    sak#3663 said:

I altered my Dragonborn to be as small as possible after realizing how large they are. He uses the Stormraider Clydesdale horse. It seems to me to fit him perfectly. I don’t know that it is offered anymore as I purchased it when I first started the game years ago when I bought it from the Zen store. I love the look with the ruined drake armor even though armored horses took getting used to. A lot of mounts are just too small for him.

yeah it's a bit weird/funny looking when certain races use a certain mount they end up that way so we have to find/save up for another mount that will fit our character lol