test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect Balance on Arbiter Cleric not procing at times.

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
The feat instead of 4 stacks, goes upto 6 stacks on the buff bar, which is incorrect itself and needs fixing. However, instead of procing at 6th stack (which it did before it got buffed in the past), instead the procs stay at 6 (both for radiant and fire judgement) and Perfect Balance does not proc. The only way around is to wait till the stacks time out i.e. do not use any encounters for 1 WHOLE MINUTE.

Its a temporary bug which comes and goes but the dps loss is too much for a cleric. My calculations show that 80% of our dps is from encounters and 1 whole minute of being unable to use DPS so that perfect balance can proc is really daunting when you are up against bosses or dps checks.

Recently, i have this bug 2-3x every dungeon and it seems to keep getting more consistent in its reoccurrence.

EDIT: read my latest comment, after mod 18, the bug has become even more prevalent. The encounter Break the Spirit bugs this encounter even more ( i have yet to experience this bug using Prophet of Doom). Maybe encounters that give perfect balance stack bug this feat because of how fast you can alternate between radiant and fire stacks?
Post edited by sobi#1980 on

Comments

• Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Happened to me during a phase transition in ToMM. Stayed that way for rest of the fight.
  • Options
    meirami said:

Happened to me during a phase transition in ToMM. Stayed that way for rest of the fight.

Yh, the only way around is to wait 1 whole minute to let both your radiant and fire stacks to disappear from the buff bar. You can hover over them if you wanted to see the duration left.

It is absurd that this has been reported since release of mod 16 and to this day, such a potential bug has not been corrected. It is no wonder most AC's i see never use this feat because they think it's fully bugged.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    My experience says it stiII procs but Iess often than before
  • Options
    When Perfect Balance stops working, it halves the AC's burst damage output for rest of the boss fight. One of the best situations rotation-wise for a burst is 2 stacks of each and full divinity, because then Perfect Balance (should) proc right when divinity runs out. If it doesn't, then we get only a half of that and that feat is deadweight from there on.
  • Options
    Just wanted to point out, this bug is still prevalent and more consistent now. Please can the dev's look into this?
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    sobi#1980 said:

Just wanted to point out, this bug is still prevalent and more consistent now. Please can the dev's look into this?

Issue is still being investigated; the team has been looking into it since it was originally reported. Unfortunately I do not have any additional updates on fix timeline.
  • Options

sobi#1980 said:

Issue is still being investigated; the team has been looking into it since it was originally reported. Unfortunately I do not have any additional updates on fix timeline.
    Thank you, it's really appreciated. I understand they have other matters on hand so it's a matter of time.
  • Options
    Bump, Just pointing this out. It's a relatively small bug but with a huge impact.

Since the dev's are already working on bugs for classes, it seems like the right time to mention probably the most annoying bug of the cleric dps class. I hope the coding to resolve this issue is minuscule, since the ability just messes up with stack numbers, nothing else.
  • Options
    mrsfearshaldmrsfearshald Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    This is crippling to Arbiters and is still happening, frequently. Please don’t let this go unfixed.
  • Options
    bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    When you reach 4 radiant and burning shifts, you have to wait a fraction of second, since there is a little delay till they get reinitialized. If you cast fire/radiant encounter too fast, you'll stack a 5th, and bug it.
  • Options

When you reach 4 radiant and burning shifts, you have to wait a fraction of second, since there is a little delay till they get reinitialized. If you cast fire/radiant encounter too fast, you'll stack a 5th, and bug it.

It still doesn't function as intended. What bother's me is that the stacks go to 6 stacks, which shows that when the feat was buffed to 4 stacks, there has been some leftover coding that wasn't fully corrected.

If i be honest, this issue seems like very small and the fact that this has been reported a while back, i see no reason why it should be left alone. But thanks for the tip, it's worth waiting a bit.
  • Options

I have tried this and it doesn't always work for me. Plus, as someone else here pointed out, the stacks go all the way to 6. They plainly should not do that. I don't think it's a small problem and it happens a lot.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 It's been well over a month since the team has been looking into this. Still no fix?
  • Options
    @nitocris83 It's been nearly 3 months since this post , and this bug itself has been posted months before by others. I have this stack issue in TOMM, can you imagine a non-meta dps class losing its ability to 80% of its dps for 1 whole minute?

Please, there are lots of bug with cleric and with many other classes, but i cannot stress how this little bug can mess up the whole class and it only bugs temporarily, most probably since the coding was changed from 6 to 4 stacks. A small fix but a huge reward for all the dps clerics is much more worth it.
  • Options
    Strictly speaking, it has been seven months without any dev action since the bug was there since Day 1 of Undermountain.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Guys, this is becoming a joke. It's nearly 9 months that this bug has been reported and unlike other classes with their bugs, this involves a feat "perfect balance" which defines arbiter. When you get this bug, you are unable to use encounters for a 1min duration, at that point it is better to die than wait 1 min until stacks fall off. However, when you are using Break the Spirit, you occasionally end up with this bug (never with Prophet of Doom).

Such a simple bug, such a simple fix and such a big impact it has on arbiter's dps. TOMM is impossible with this bug because if i use BTS i get this bug way too much. Can we please fix impactful bugs first?
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

Guys, this is becoming a joke. It's nearly 9 months that this bug has been reported and unlike other classes with their bugs, this involves a feat "perfect balance" which defines arbiter. When you get this bug, you are unable to use encounters for a 1min duration, at that point it is better to die than wait 1 min until stacks fall off. However, when you are using Break the Spirit, you occasionally end up with this bug (never with Prophet of Doom).

Such a simple bug, such a simple fix and such a big impact it has on arbiter's dps. TOMM is impossible with this bug because if i use BTS i get this bug way too much. Can we please fix impactful bugs first?

Since M18 launched, the bug still happens to me, but now the max number of stacks seems to be 5 instead of 6. So I think they tried to fix it and failed miserably again. Maybe counting up to 4 is too hard.
  • Options

sobi#1980 said:

Since M18 launched, the bug still happens to me, but now the max number of stacks seems to be 5 instead of 6. So I think they tried to fix it and failed miserably again. Maybe counting up to 4 is too hard.
    I just checked, yes the stacks remain at 5 now since mod 18 launch. I also see this bug all the time, it was in rare occasions before but i get this bug every 10mins or so if i use BTS for aoe or even ST. So often that the whole feat might be bugged at this occasion.
  • Options
    catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    oh good not only me, i didnt check previous posts, sorry i atached screen on mine

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1254087/arbiter-perfect-balance-wouldnt-reset#latest
  • Options
    @nitocris83 Can we please get an update??? Had high hopes when I saw the feat was tweaked that this would have been addressed. It has not. Is this even being looked at any more? Please communicate with us.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

sobi#1980 said:

It has been 4 months since you spoke to this AND the feat has been reworked. What is happening with it? Is it being looked at?