test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pretty sure magic relics do not consistently load

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
I'm pretty sure now that sometimes every set of 3 magic relics in ME's for each section do not consistently load. I've been doing the daily ME's myself solo so take my time to search everywhere until I find all 9, but every so often there will be one or two missing in a map, most often it's the map where you drop down to the last section where it's all water and pillars and concrete lying around with the broken/separated stairs in the center and two mobs standing in large areas of water, but yesterday it happened in the map where there are 4 rooms up top, bridges across up high and 3 joined sections at the lower level with a door each end, one of which is a portal. I had been thinking that I was just missing one or two until yesterday when I entered that section just described with all the rooms, I killed everything, looked everywhere as I went and got to the portal and still had one relic left to find, so I spent about an hour going back everywhere, all around the perimeter in a meticulous way, following the map edges, circling in, checking every single room, area, spot and crevice for the last one (and that map is not complicated and there are very few hidden nooks to check), I covered every inch of that map about four times but there was one missing with only 2 for that map. This makes me think that probably some of the other times I thought I had just missed one but could not jump back up to go all the way back (in the watery map first mentioned) and decided not to worry, that they may have been missing after all. I just wanted to mention it so you could keep and eye/ear-out for anyone else bringing it up. Cheers.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    In that map you need to die to respawn at a campfire.

I have never had them not be somewhere on the map, ever.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have never found a map without 3 relics either.
    The map you mentioned has one spawn point behind the beginning portal that is very easy to miss. There is 1 more in the area of the first bridge that is easy to overlook. Straight ahead tucked into a niche in the wall as you get to the platform before the bridge. It can only be seen if you run up to it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    That map has a lot of weird places for it. here are the spawn points i can think of off the top of my head

1. behind the starting portal
    2. as you reach the lava area head straight into a little alcove
    3. immediately to the right behind a mushroom after you cross the bridge
    4. after you break the first barrier and head around to the next room look right, a spawn is right up against the blocked door
    5. in the room where the ambush comes from
    6. on the path going from second barrier to next platform
    7. as you drop down into the water logged room look to the left side to see if there is one in the back corner
    8. after exiting the water turn around to see if there is one on top of the stairs to nowhere
    9. in the middle of the two staircases leading to the final room
    10. on the outside of the right hand staircase leading to final room
    11. immediately to the right after you enter the final room (small bridge to portal)

hope that helps
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    There is a map in the internet to tell you where all the relics of all possible ME are.

The beginning one of the upside down dungeon was the one I missed the most in the beginning. It is behind the wall of the starting camp fire as mentioned. So, if you just turned around, you would not see it. You need to go behind the wall from the side.

For that map, if I remember correctly, after you reach the 2nd camp fire, you cannot kill yourself to go back to the original camp fire to capture the first one. I tried jumping into lava (closest to the first portal as possible) but I was spawned in the 2nd camp fire. If I did /killme, it exited the instance.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Okies, ty people, I will note this and see how it goes. Just I have been what I thought was meticulous in searching and taking my time, so I was convinced there was a problem. Appreciated.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    aganway said:

Okies, ty people, I will note this and see how it goes. Just I have been what I thought was meticulous in searching and taking my time, so I was convinced there was a problem. Appreciated.

I found that myself by accident (I found the internet maps much later). Before I found the internet map, I kept on going into the 2nd hanging room (jump from the ledge after dropped from the first camp fire room) to search and thought that room could have one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    OK, I just found the one at the start behind the wall in the map where it starts all twisted. Whoever thought of putting one there has a very cruel sense of humour. When you look behind you there it doesn't look like you can go behind it, and even if you go down the side they have it so it looks like the side goes right up to the cave wall. Funny too, as I collected that one I got a 500 relic hunter achievement. So ty, I do believe this is the one I thought wasn't loading.