What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Early Access Eligibility Criteria

2»

Comments

• joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    draugkir said:

lol.. the saga continues.

Instead of doing QA internally tests ( and hiring professional testers like all decent companies do ) you guys keep shooting your own feet using normal players as your testing material.

Thats one of the main reasons game is going down the pipe as it is.

Thats one of the reasons info leaks too early and you watch auction prices going bananas.

And finally.. thats the main reason you get bugs over bugs and bad decisions when you launch a patch.

Get some professional game testers and stop using your players as testers. Players views and opinions are biased torwards their own agendas and you will never get propper neutral feedback. Ever.

Agree with the above statement 100%. I might add....in regards to possible new crafting recipes....

Can these 'early access' testers be given incomplete crafting info/recipes if possible? Signing an NDA or not, I trust NONE of them not to pass the information on to their crafting friends giving them an unfair advantage over the rest of the player base. It would be naive to think this has not occured in past mods and would not happen again.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Testing is always fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    How about someone who is well geared but not elite, and has provided multiple feedback without being a troll. Someone who is dedicated to PvE instead of PvP, yes I know your revenue is there but a more positive experience in the PvE world would do wonders.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • morgulknifemorgulknife Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So a comment like " You killed the game" would disqualify someone whereas a comment like "If you keep ignoring the testers you are likely to become a negative revenue stream" is fine? Just checking.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Since i most likely won't be considered i would like to see @vorphied and @quickfoot#7851 added to the team. Both provide concise feedback on top NW issues on a consistant basis

Thanks, but I'm not that smart, and have been moderated for "trolling", even though I think it was just the cold hard truth with a twist of humor, but whatever.

Anyways, personally I would prefer they higher professionals game designers instead of using unpaid possibly biased players. If I was in charge I would do something like this.

1) Have the designers communicate transparently with the whole community what their ideas are in a forum thread and then consider feedback from the players.
    2) Rehash the ideas with the community's feedback and redo step 1 until most people are satisfied with the concepts.
    3) Roll out an implementation and test it internally until it's ready for public preview
    4) Release preview build, and continue with the normal cycle but actually listen to players about bugs and get them fixed before releasing to live.

Ideally they would have some form of unit testing to weed out bugs before releasing to preview. A lot of bugs I have seen on live, never should have even made it to preview if they had been properly unit tested, stuff like maths not working right or buffs not working, that stuff should be able to be detected in automated unit tests way way before they players have a chance to hunt bugs themselves.

A bug hunter program might be cool too, with in-game rewards based on the impact of the bug and the quality of the bug report.

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Ok, let me add myself to the list :)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Neverwinter can count on me.
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Would love to be a part of the mod18 Early Access
    Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Sign me up for m18 early access :)
  • skylantertechskylantertech Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am interested in joining the early access
    Howilis
    Founder of Avengers Midwest
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I'd like to partecipate in m18 early access too; EU player here
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • creeperlp681creeperlp681 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am interested in. That would be great.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I know nothing but pretty sure invites are already sent.
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    if possible pls send an invite for mod18 or upcoming modules. i am interested in early testing