test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc launcher time out after maintenance

pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
Does anybody have this problem after the maintenance , the Arc launcher just time out on me . It say - login timed out , check connection.
I login on the forum via my browser and I dont have problem with my connection
Any solution on that, thks

Comments

• karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I have the same problem, tried rebooting both router and computer. Same problem.
  • menkharmenkhar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    For me, now it says, "Arc Client is currently in maintenance for upgrades. We are actively working to resolve the issue".
  • bkjvkbkjvk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Workaround for this:

open directory in which Neverwinter is installed, search for 'Neverwinter.exe', and open it, it will skip arc/steam client and just open the game :)
  • davewiz123davewiz123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i will wait until they fix it
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    same. Arc browser times out but the .exe works fine.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are aware of the issue with the Arc Launcher. I don't have any information about it other than that. Please utilize the Neverwinter.exe file to launch the game until they get the Arc Launcher fixed. I don't know if this was a planned event or something went wrong. I'll post updates when and if I get them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I had this problem too so I did what it is the usual advice- unistall and reinstall the game.
    Now I can not reinstall the game because it still says I have no internet connection.
    So I can not open the directory as mentioned above as solution because I have no directory and can not install one.
    I hope that -if- in the statement above it is a figure of speech.

Well, they might just fix it without mentioning it to me, which is what I meant by the "if". I'm not included in their email CCs.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I have reached out to Perfect World engineering (they are in charge of the Arc client) regarding this topic.
  • tigermarytigermary Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I can't log in either, thanks hope its fixed soon.
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I am too.
    I Logged game last time after maintenance at about 6:30 GMT to empty workshop delivvery boxes.
    Then it was kinda slow.
    Now it time out every time.
    I go look for exe file.
  • xenofyre#8828 xenofyre Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Unable to log in as well.
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I logged in using exe file.
    But it knocks me out every time I relog character.
    It gives message: Arc Client Not Found. You are automatically logged out
  • teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    glad that i'm not the only one having this problem
  • pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Thks guyz , worked again
  • dianariadianaria Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I haven't been able to get in game since the maintenance. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times. I did the same with the Arc client...and I'm still out. :'(
    Here is what I see every time I'v tried to login game before and after reinstall.

imageimage" alt="" />
    I was in game everyday until this most recent maintenance. I know my poor baby gurl is missing her mommy. :'(
    Any suggestions or advice anyone? :'( I've been unable to get in game for several days now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    You can play the game without using Arc client. Find 'Neverwinter.exe' from its installation directory and run it directly. I personally do not even have Arc client installed.
    If that does not work, I suggest you reboot your computer and your router. Probably a DNS or routing issue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Thank you plasticbat. I will do all you suggested. :)