test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please change the Queue requirements for under 70s

autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
I have three new characters I can't complete campaigns with now because they can't get into the leveling queue. This is a freaking joke.

If you can't do this remove the prohibition on starting new campaigns "too early" so at least we can keep leveling by doing harder material esp now during Nevermember Recruitment,

And BTW for all levels, the asinine queue waits means double deals event are useless if we can't get into queues to earn them.
Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Comments

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

And BTW for all levels, the asinine queue waits means double deals event are useless if we can't get into queues to earn them.

The problem with the queues is that all the queues except the skirmish queue require 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 DPS to form a group (or double that for the trials). Right now, the player base seems to be more like 90% DPS and there simply are not enough Tanks and Healers to go around. The dungeons and the trials in the game are all designed around having the trinity, tank, healer, DPS .... hence those DPS characters in the queues wait ... and wait ... and wait ... for Tanks/Healers.

Why do we have this problem? Simple ... post Mod 16 it's far harder to play a Tank or Healer than DPS and most of the Classes with Tank/Healer Paragons also have DPS Paragons. Its both harder to solo as a Tank/Healer and harder to perform your role in a group. Healers have to keep a watch on the entire party and manage their divinity, trying to keep everyone alive. Tanks have to manage agro and keep themselves alive while having *everything* attack them. DPS paragons for the most part just need to worry about keeping their rotation up and occasionally moving out of red spots.

The Devs tried in Mod 16 to increase the Number of Tanks/Healers by adding a tank paragon to Barbarians and adding a healer paragon to Warlocks. While this was a good idea in concept, it failed as most players in these classes were playing them because they wanted a DPS class. It also did not help that to have both an effective DPS loadout and an effective Tanking/healing loadout requires different sets of gear and different stats. A DPS loadout for example maxes Armor Pan/Crit/Accuracy, then just piles on Power. An effective Tank loadout may max Armor Pen (for Agro), but then spends points maxing Defense and piling on hundreds of K in Hit points. When all is said and done, most characters with effective Tank and DPS loadouts have spent millions of AD in gear and enchants just to be able to get that 5K rAD role bonus.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I have an issue with mixing high and low levels in the leveling queue system. What ends up happening is large pull and melts by the high level players and the low level players end up not learning. This is why we have a lot of inexperienced players in dungeons at higher levels.

Separating the 80's would be great. Make the low leveling random queue dungeons available to any class 79 and lower and make them slightly easier so they're not getting slaughtered the minute they start fighting. For 80s let that be the skirmishes random queue and then intermediate be the Lostmauth, Spiders, etc.

Probably could have created my own thread with that but it benefits the topic as well.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

The problem with the queues is that all the queues except the skirmish queue require 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 DPS to form a group (or double that for the trials). Right now, the player base seems to be more like 90% DPS and there simply are not enough Tanks and Healers to go around. The dungeons and the trials in the game are all designed around having the trinity, tank, healer, DPS .... hence those DPS characters in the queues wait ... and wait ... and wait ... for Tanks/Healers.

Why do we have this problem? Simple ... post Mod 16 it's far harder to play a Tank or Healer than DPS and most of the Classes with Tank/Healer Paragons also have DPS Paragons. Its both harder to solo as a Tank/Healer and harder to perform your role in a group. Healers have to keep a watch on the entire party and manage their divinity, trying to keep everyone alive. Tanks have to manage agro and keep themselves alive while having *everything* attack them. DPS paragons for the most part just need to worry about keeping their rotation up and occasionally moving out of red spots.

The Devs tried in Mod 16 to increase the Number of Tanks/Healers by adding a tank paragon to Barbarians and adding a healer paragon to Warlocks. While this was a good idea in concept, it failed as most players in these classes were playing them because they wanted a DPS class. It also did not help that to have both an effective DPS loadout and an effective Tanking/healing loadout requires different sets of gear and different stats. A DPS loadout for example maxes Armor Pan/Crit/Accuracy, then just piles on Power. An effective Tank loadout may max Armor Pen (for Agro), but then spends points maxing Defense and piling on hundreds of K in Hit points. When all is said and done, most characters with effective Tank and DPS loadouts have spent millions of AD in gear and enchants just to be able to get that 5K rAD role bonus.
    It also doesn't help that playing a tank/healer now isn't as much fun as it was before MOD16. I have a cleric I ran all the time before Mod-16, now she's soooooooooooooo boring and nerfed and just plane no fun. She's sitting on a shelf. Level 80 Healer 20+K IL just wasting away and I know at least six other players doing the same.

That being said, I do like my pally tank. She's not as fun as before MOD-16 but at least she moderately enjoyable especially compared to the cleric.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Crypt fault is no rework old quee for level 80 as multitoon endgamer i will never quee anymore on 70 content i just play new mod and go to sleep mod. 100k at day isnt a deal atm better play on ah more gain less time. Atm lot ppl back for m17 on ps4 but in 2 weeks yu will not see on almost all endgamer as soon we got new ring wepon pet equip and other stuff we just logon for daily ky and wait m18. The progression 0-80 take not lot time so woth this they have 3 player category 0-69 70-79 and 80.usually all game focus theyr activity for max level nvw atm focus almost all activity for low middle player this is the reason why lot ppl skip quee.why i ve to play a perfect stats toon on low level dungeon? If crypt will put on line all old content with lomm enemy stats yu will se a more ppl jump in rquee