test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Adjustments - Part 2

Comments

• mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Warlock "adjustments" remind me of disgruntled retail employees during black friday sales.

Watch employee drop laptop on ground...look up with a smirk...sighs, picks it up, gives it a shake. A big cheese grin when it sounds like a rattle and rings it up like nothing ever happened.
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Soul Investiture is now a 10% damage increase for the Soul Puppet per stack. Now lasts 30 seconds is no longer linked to the soul puppet
    Risky Investment now grants a 3% bonus to ALL damage for each stack of Soul Investiture.
    Soul Sparks now increase Hellbringer damage by 0.25% per spark, no longer heals the player. lose 1 spark each second out of combat
    Warlock's Curse increased to a 12% damage boost.

Hand of Blight - 40 melee 60 ranged
    Eldritch Blast magnitude - 40-80 fixed the 3rd hit
    Dark Spiral magnitude - 80-240
    Hellish Rebuke magnitude - 60 base, 15 DoT, 30 Rebuke
    Arms of Hadar magnitude - 80
    Vampiric Embrace magnitude - 300
    Curse Bite magnitude - 250
    Blades of Vanquished Armies magnitude - 25 per blade
    Hadars Grasp magnitude - 250 - 375
    Fiery Bolt magnitude - 200 to all targets
    Infernal Spheres magnitude - 50
    Killing Flame magnitude - 750 all the time
    Dreadtheft magnitude - 450
    Hellfire Ring magnitude - 125, DoT 200 - fixed the dot damage
    Soul Scorch magnitude - 9 per spark used, Dot is 1.5 magnitude per spark , Grants 1 stack of soul investiture
    Accursed Souls magnitude - 900 - heals the warlock 2% maximum hit points per target hit
    Brood of Hadar tooltip changed to display damage done to the primary target and the magnitude was increased. 600 magnitude main target, 150 magnitude per brood attack. Fixed the imps
    Tyrannical Curse magnitude - 1000 - fixed the split damage
    Gates of Hell magnitude - 600 - only costs 500action points
    Flames of Phlegethos magnitude - 1500
    Lesser Curse - 20 magnitude every 2seconds for 8 seconds

is what the patch notes should of said... :tongue:

And some bonus ideas

All consuming curse - at wills apply lesser curse, and deals 15 magnitude each time its applied
    Deadly curse - Lesser curse is no longer removed when using curse consumes
    Flames of empowerment - Killing flames deals 75 magnitude to all enemies with 15" or the primary target
    Dust to Dust - increases AoE by 10%

Power of the Nine Hells - now grants 5 stacks of Soul investiture when using a Daily
    Soul Desecration - Soul puppets Critical severity is increased to 100%
    parting blasphemy - Deals 100 magnitude damage when lesser curse is removed or expires and grants 25 action points
    Creeping death - - Empowers lesser curse, now deals 20magnitude per second, increasing by 5 magnitude per tick (300magnitude total over 8 seconds)
    Executioners gift - increases Critical Severity by 25%
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019

That was cruel.
    Me reading through the "changes": ...what? really? REalllY?
    - then the kick in the gut
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Soul Investiture is now a 10% damage increase for the Soul Puppet per stack. Now lasts 30 seconds is no longer linked to the soul puppet
    Risky Investment now grants a 3% bonus to ALL damage for each stack of Soul Investiture.
    Soul Sparks now increase Hellbringer damage by 0.25% per spark, no longer heals the player. lose 1 spark each second out of combat
    Warlock's Curse increased to a 12% damage boost.

Hand of Blight - 40 melee 60 ranged
    Eldritch Blast magnitude - 40-80 fixed the 3rd hit
    Dark Spiral magnitude - 80-240
    Hellish Rebuke magnitude - 60 base, 15 DoT, 30 Rebuke
    Arms of Hadar magnitude - 80
    Vampiric Embrace magnitude - 300
    Curse Bite magnitude - 250
    Blades of Vanquished Armies magnitude - 25 per blade
    Hadars Grasp magnitude - 250 - 375
    Fiery Bolt magnitude - 200 to all targets
    Infernal Spheres magnitude - 50
    Killing Flame magnitude - 750 all the time
    Dreadtheft magnitude - 450
    Hellfire Ring magnitude - 125, DoT 200 - fixed the dot damage
    Soul Scorch magnitude - 9 per spark used, Dot is 1.5 magnitude per spark , Grants 1 stack of soul investiture
    Accursed Souls magnitude - 900 - heals the warlock 2% maximum hit points per target hit
    Brood of Hadar tooltip changed to display damage done to the primary target and the magnitude was increased. 600 magnitude main target, 150 magnitude per brood attack. Fixed the imps
    Tyrannical Curse magnitude - 1000 - fixed the split damage
    Gates of Hell magnitude - 600 - only costs 500action points
    Flames of Phlegethos magnitude - 1500
    Lesser Curse - 20 magnitude every 2seconds for 8 seconds

And some bonus ideas

All consuming curse - at wills apply lesser curse, and deals 15 magnitude each time its applied
    Deadly curse - Lesser curse is no longer removed when using curse consumes
    Flames of empowerment - Killing flames deals 75 magnitude to all enemies with 15" or the primary target
    Dust to Dust - increases AoE by 10%

Power of the Nine Hells - now grants 5 stacks of Soul investiture when using a Daily
    Soul Desecration - Soul puppets Critical severity is increased to 100%
    parting blasphemy - Deals 100 magnitude damage when lesser curse is removed or expires and grants 25 action points
    Creeping death - - Empowers lesser curse, now deals 20magnitude per second, increasing by 5 magnitude per tick (300magnitude total over 8 seconds)
    Executioners gift - increases Critical Severity by 25%

I wished...
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    -sigh- if wishes were horses....we would all be draining the riders for their souls...
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Did someone say??? Send in the clowns... +
  • gengi05#1664 gengi05 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My question is, but did you want Warlock buffer or nerf it?
    No, because it seems to me that it does less harm than before. Ok the damage has been changed, and it is more difficult to compare, but having done more run at the TOMM, warlock is always nerf.
    If you intend to upgrade it to make it not at par with other classes but at least the least bad, return 25% of basic damage that has been lifted.
    Then the ideal would be that risky investment has 3 maximum stacks and each stack increases the damage by at least 8/9% per stack.
    If you make these changes then you could talk about buffing the SW.
    However, a lot of people here write but things are not taken into consideration, so I think it is useless to even comment. We just have to change the game or for those who want to change their character. :(
    edited October 2019
    Sigh..warlocks still are gliding trashcans atm.

The first thread @noworries#8859 mentioned additional changes but most won't be satisfied with the changes. I take it this is it then? Because most are not satisfied. That quota has been met.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Btw guys, right now, every single rogue i have played against is destroying my cleric in aoe dps. That is no joke because this is aoe we talking about.

I am not too sure what the main reason for this could be but don't rogue's abilities give CA to everyone? Regardless, i know how to play and i always try to get CA, so highly unlikely that CA buff is the reason.

If lets say this is not my imagination and rogues are certainly doing more aoe dps, then i see a very nice trend here. Since wiz is useless now, it makes sense for the rogues to shine. Well brilliant, lets start with buffing their aoe.

Solo warlock should be pretty strong because of the CA buffs but team wise, they just got to be on the bed with the rest of us xD
    edited October 2019
    @sobi#1980
    Most warlocks always have high ca uptime with npnm. Without a high uptime of ca, warlocks fall even further behind in damage. That has been the scenario for majority of mods. Having ca from other sources doesnt help much at all. Other dps in group having high ca uptime actually reduces warlock average dps.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

@sobi#1980

Most warlocks always have high ca uptime with npnm. Without a high uptime of ca, warlocks fall even further behind in damage. That has been the scenario for majority of mods. Having ca from other sources doesnt help much at all. Other dps in group having high ca uptime actually reduces warlock average dps.

Yh i understand, but now that CA is so strong, any ability that gives you CA yourselve only should matter but i do know that warlock were balanced around that before, not sure about currently. Nevertless, i can symapthise with your dps, my point is that i rogues now do both aoe and ST, on par with rangers. So actually having 2 paragons is a benfit to them, that's one more reason to not have any disparity at all. Before i was for a small margin only bc non-meta classes had better aoe and also had 1 more role but now the role bonus is negated by the pure dps having both forms of dps. The dev's never seem to fail to disaapoint me.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Warlock CW TR hve feats to get CA towards a group (only for themself), NPNM-warlock, Stealth-rogue (maybe something else), CW has a class feature wich procs <50% of the time.
    When you run with skilled player or simply take that trial tomm, warlocks get's passed easily by most other classes that got constant CA by positioning.
    When you run with bad performing or unknowledgable player, warlock is far in front since CA spends tons of damage.
    Warlock = King of Scrubs
    When a barbie claims to be unable to kill a mimic, he could do great in a bossfight when having constant CA.
  • neverhot09neverhot09 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    before changes i could not apply Butcher,s Might with hellish rebuke, now i can, (vorpal r12, npnm, 180k power, other more than 80k, ca 135k, no potions, no food).
    edited October 2019
    I assume they are going to rush these changes to the maintenance on the 15 for consoles. That way only warlock dps is a full carry for tomm at endgame. Awesome, just in time for skirmish release.... only 3/4 of a year with absolutely 0 actual improvements.

But hey, now we get to complain about dark prayers being broken along with creeping death. No worries though, we may be lucky enough to get and another "class adjustment" like, they break ri and then curses next. But on the bright side, technically they can still call warlocks dps if they have a slightly higher dps potential than a fully speced tank. So theres that, I guess.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    At least a class reroll if you don't want to have a competent DPS Warlock in this game.
  • gengi05#1664 gengi05 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    why in the Italian language, are the changes to the SW still the old ones?
    edited October 2019
    For the statistic
    Dummy in PE, CA is capped on both toons Warlock 130k+ , Dreadnaught 124k, CA up all time
    Hellbringer 150+kPower, CS 104%, r13 Vorp, 2.5% more multiplier -augment
    Dreadnaught 114kPower, 92% CS, r13 Bronzewood- active companion

Warlock 102k dps
    Deadnaught 115k dps (Black Death Scorp 7kdps)= 122k dps
    Downscaling warlocks stats the numbers get worse as checked. With similar stats HB deals about 25% less than my Dread (Companions damage not includet)
    I'd say the class is at the bottom, can't imagine there is anything worse than a Hellbringer actually :/
    They don't care anymore, no response about this mess. We got the adjustment and we are the lowest DPS path. It's done, they gave us what they want for us, a "DPS" path to soloing, for groups you MUST be a healer. Take it or reroll other class.
  • edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    These early reports are disappointing. With Soulweavers in such a good place, I sincerely hope some focused adjustments are on the way for our sister paragon. I wouldn't even swap to Hellbringer to solo at this point (in fact, after this Curse Bite mag increase, it's like we Soulweavers were just given Parting Blasphemy for free...)
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019

These early reports are disappointing. With Soulweavers in such a good place, I sincerely hope some focused adjustments are on the way for our sister paragon. I wouldn't even swap to Hellbringer to solo at this point (in fact, after this Curse Bite mag increase, it's like we Soulweavers were just given Parting Blasphemy for free...)

the reason they removed killing flames out of soulweaver was because they didn't want to see people q as a healer with full dps encounters, because at this point i don't know wich path is better honestly
    edited October 2019
    Doing the math as correct as I could by comparing damage at maximum buffs (wich is pretty uncommon far a warlock).

Before patch: Damage x(1.25(HE) x 1.1(WC) x 1.276(5xRI) x 1.1(Exec) x 1.045(30s) x 1.05(DtD) x 1.07(Int))= Damage x 2.26587
    Killing Flame 400-600 x 2.26587= ~ 906 - 1360
    After patch: Damage x (1+ 0.12(WC) + 0.2 (5xRI) + 0.1 (Exec) + 0.075 (sparks at 30)+ 0.05 (DtD)+0.07)= Damage x 1.6245
    Killing Flame 500-750 x 1.6245= ~ 812 - 1218 (~10.04% less)

If you give sparks an average ammount of 15 and RI get stacked up 3 at best you end up like this:
    Before patch: KF ~ 804 - 1207
    After patch: KF ~ 753 - 1130 (~ 6.4% less)

If Hellfire Expertise would have stayed and base damage of KF as well:
    Damage x (1+ 0.25 + 0.12(WC) + 0.2 (5xRI) + 0.1 (Exec) + 0.075 (sparks at 30)+ 0.05 (DtD)+0.07)= Damage x 1.8745
    Killing Flame 400-600 x 1.8745= ~ 750 - 1125 (even worse)

If Hellfire Expertise would have stayed and base damage of KF lifted:
    Damage x (1+ 0.25HE + 0.12(WC) +0.2 (5xRI) +0.1 (Exec) + 0.075 (sparks at 30)+ 0.05 (DtD)+0.07)= Damage x 1.8745
    Killing Flame 500 - 750 x 1.8745= ~ 937 - 1406 (~3,3% more than before patch)

If we estimate that Warlock lacks for about 30% at endgame, some shards to tell us it's 40% after patch due to loosing mulitplier hit hard, the needed buff towards KF as representative power should have lifted the magnitude from 400-600 to
    ->725,3 - 1088magnitude :o after changing damage formular....

Honestly I can't tell about the rest of the new Damage formular where Crit Sev and CA are now devided and lead to more damage on crits in the end, anyone got that correct formular?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited October 2019
    Let's get serious here, first off all 4loadouts of mine with parting blasphemy broken cannot equip half of the encounters on any of them...

Second, ran tomm with 3 variant loadouts of curse synergy build not using parting blasphemy. Well, I can actually use powers like hadars grasp and killing flames at least. That's the good news, bad news doing about 10% less damage than last update in tomm. It's awful. My cw now does about 50-60% more damage than my warlock with 30k more power.

Absolute joke, my warlock now will actually causes a few fails in phase 2, my cw same group we have no problems phase 2.

The only good to come out of mod 17, cross curse consumption fixed with more than 1 warlock in a group.
  • mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    i hope the devs continue to change the warlock these changes while some good we are really in the same spot were were before all of these changes. AOE got a slight improvement single target is still just not good with how long it takes to build stacks of Risky investment on single target. IN comparison on the new damage formula my pally tank hits way harder now then he did before the changes. While there are certainly a lot of different factors I did twice as much DPS on my tank in LOMM after the update than before. and i don't run a DPS tank. but A+ on the changes to soul weaver. oh and please fix the load out bug I dont really want to pay to re roll all of my load outs
  • edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Will say that Arms of Hadar feels like a surprisingly viable option in the general soulweaver support toolbox. It applies (Warding) curse easily to entire trash groups, doesn't cost sparks, and though the prone effect is very weak, it still provides possible damage mitigation over large encounters. Between bosses I'm now running it over Harrowstorm for two reasons: I've long grown tired of clicking twice (target+cast) to curse every trash mob, and I always regret wasting sparks on the DOT "heal" that my group will immediately leave behind.

Blades of Vanquished Armies seems to have one use: boulder killer in the Bore Worm fight. So I thank it for its service, and will avoid running it everywhere else.
    @noworries#8859 DPS Warlock players aren't allowed to run content in this game without being helped by guild or alliance members, always feeling like a burden. Can't run Tales of Old, can't run ToMM, can't run Watcher, because other classes are better than us. Why you mess with Warlock' players hope?, why don't tell us the truth behind those nerfs, and why you want Hellbringer out of any posibility in this game? How many months/years/mods should we wait to have Hellbringer in a good spot as DPS class. Or it's true that you want us to play healer only?