test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The massive changes from preview went live???

jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
So as I type this, it appears the massive changes made on preview recently have gone live. Is this intentional?

There are no patch notes for live from this update. (Nothing in the news right new).

My understanding is that there were so many bugs in that patch on preview that testers were deferring further testing until the next batch of fixes were deployed. So this was ready for live?

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I do have live patch notes on the launcher in my language, so there should. But from what I skimmed over (I stopped pretty fast) they are the same patch notes as the recent preview patch notes. + vorpal changes, afaik. But, yeah, I didn't really care reading it, tbh. I'm a bit done with this game lol.
    - bye bye -
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The Community Manager is out of the office with an appointment. Patch notes will be available ASAP. Sorry for the delay.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My understanding is that the crit severity and buff magnitudes were fixed on Monday. No idea what was tested or the results after that, but the game breaking stuff apparently was alteady addressed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    This being the case I would like to extend my congratulations to all the classes that got a buff to their damage, i.e. all classes except Warlock. I would extend condoleances to the Warlocks, but lets face it, this situation is par for the course and nobody cares anymore.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    hrakh said:

This being the case I would like to extend my congratulations to all the classes that got a buff to their damage, i.e. all classes except Warlock. I would extend condoleances to the Warlocks, but lets face it, this situation is par for the course and nobody cares anymore.

I could be wrong but I thought Warlocks is the only class that got buffs in this patch.
    Edit: TR got one buff too.

Classes and Balance

Rogue
    To match other standard AoE powers, Whirlwind of Blades now properly hits up to 15 targets, up from 5. The tooltip now indicates that the damage increase granted by hitting enemies with Whirlwind of Blades cannot exceed the amount granted by hitting 5 targets.
    Warlock
    Accursed Souls: The magnitude has increased to 900.
    Brood of Hadar: The tooltip has changed to reflect damage done to primary target. The magnitude has increased to 600 to the main target, and 150 per brood attack.
    Dreadtheft: This power's magnitude is now 340.
    Eldritch Blast: This power's magnitude is now 30.
    Hand of Blight: This power's magnitude is now 35 in melee, and 45 in range.
    Hellish Rebuke: This power's magnitude is now 40, with 10 for the DoT effect and 20 for the Rebuke effect.
    Infernal Spheres: This power's magnitude is now 40.
    Warlock's Curse: The damage bonus granted by this has been increased to 12%.
    Tyrannical Curse: The magnitude has increased to 900.
    Warlock (Hellbringer)
    Arms of Hadar: The magnitude has increased to 55.
    Arms of Hadar and Blades of Vanquished Armies have moved into the Warlock general encounters.
    Blades of Vanquished Armies: The magnitude has increased to 20 per blade.
    Curse Bite: The magnitude has increased to 250.
    Dark Prayers now summons a soul puppet when an enemy cursed by the warlock dies.
    Dark Spiral: The magnitude now ranges from 80 to 240.
    Fiery Bolt: The magnitude has increased to 175.
    Flames of Phlegethos: The magnitude has increased to 1000.
    Gates of Hell: The magnitude has increased to 750.
    Hadar's Grasp: The magnitude has increased to 200.
    Hellfire Expertise no longer increases Fire and Necrotic Damage.
    Hellfire Ring: The magnitude has increased to 120, DoT increased to 200.
    Killing Flames: The magnitude has increased to 500 - 570.
    Killing Flames and Dreadtheft have been moved into the Hellbringer paragon encounter selection.
    Risky Investment now grants a 4% bonus to damage for each stack of Soul Investiture.
    Soul Investiture is now a 10% damage increase for the Soul Puppet per stack.
    Soul Scorch: The magnitude has increased to 9 per spark used, and the DoT has increased to 1.5 magnitude per spark.
    Soul Sparks now increase Hellbringer damage by 0.25% per spark.
    Vampiric Embrace: The magnitude has increased to 250.
    Warlock (Soulweaver)
    Lifebind has been reduced to taking 10% of damage dealt to allies. This has switched from an increase in Defense to an increase in Damage Reduction.
    Feat Transfusion Tactics has changed to Mending Mastery, and increases outgoing healing by 5%.
    Prince of Hell now gives 5000 Armor Penetration.
    Dark Revelry now increases teammates' Awareness and Critical Avoidance by 5000.
    Soul Sparks should no longer deplete when in a downed state.
    Wraith's Shadow: The healing magnitude has increased to 100.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • unicron573unicron573 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Dark Prayers is not working at all, Hadar's Grasp is the only thing besides Daily abilities that will summon a soul puppet now
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    By removing 25% damage from hellfire expertise, removing 5% si stack damage, increasing spark stack damage by a total for 2.5% at max. It's essentially a 27.5% damage nerf for warlocks, and then the majority of magnitude adjustments are still less than the reductions from class overall. With additional damage loss from multiplicative to additive damage change. The damage gains from new crit sev ca buff calculation in damage formula are less in comparrison to overall damage loss for warlock dps role. A net loss in damage for warlocks in the end.

Essentially all other dps class roles have recieved an increase in net damage except warlocks.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Did you hear about that time a full Warlock party walked into TOMM and Halaster died instantly?

Ok, so Halaster died from hysterical laughter, but still.....
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

NERF THE WARLOCKS!!! I'm tired of them always bragging about being in first and stuffnjunk

#warlocksneednerfin

You are just jealous, build one yourself and have a free ticket to cry 24/7 :)
This discussion has been closed.