test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

warlock nerfed

gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @noworries#8859 @terramak

When am I expecting a compensation on this matter??????????
I spent:
  • legendary tyrannosaur mount = 10m ad
  • ioun stone of allure legendary = 2m ad
  • tamed velociraptor legendary = 2m ad
  • deepcrow hatchling epic = 600k ad
  • defending ring of the keeper = 200k ad
  • nickel plated ring = 600k ad
  • 3 or more mythic artifacts = 1mad or more each
  • stuff bought from the mysterious merchant turned btc
  • demon lord arti set = 1,5m ad
  • plus various epic mounts, companions, etc
Total: More than 20m ad
All of that turned bound to character and unable to transfer to another character. All put into my useless warlock trusting in your words and expecting an improve on my class since the beggining of mod 16. After 7 months of false words and all the feedback we gave you all you came up is with a nonsense plain nerf. I have no more patience to be polite, i demand a compensation or a chance to recover the stuff i wasted

Comments

• gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > Compensation? How much Zen did you purchase with cash? It really doesn't matter. There is a paragraph you clicked "I Agree" button on to play the game. You might want to read that some day. But here are the highlights you should really have paid attention to... IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
    > ...blah blah blah...
    > THIS AGREEMENT IS A CONTRACT AND LEGALLY BINDING AGAINST YOU.
    > ...blah blah blah...
    > You will immediately forfeit the right to use any and all of Your virtual goods for the Game. Any fees associated with Your use of the Game and the Service are payable in advance and are not refundable, returnable or exchangeable in whole or in part. Your obligation to pay accrued charges and fees will survive any termination of the License.
    >
    >
    > Zen is worthless the moment you buy it. There is no compensation for virtual currencies Zen or AD.

Well thank you dear lawyer for the class. But i'm not initiating a legal action here. However that part refers to money refunds for leaving the game and ending the contract and i'm not asking for any of that.
    I'm asking for them to be sincere and retribute the players for destroying a long term progress. For them to not be labeled as scammers, because that's what this is. Destroy a class so ppl (those who not leave) create another character spending currencies to buy everything again. Then they do the same with another class and there you have a nice currency sink
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019

I'd like to point out how people thought a pally was nerfed to the point where it was unplayable, but is still actually a strong character to play. Give it time; it's only day 1 of the change. Maybe there's a way to play a warlock, you just have to find it. Have you tried talking to others who play the class? Brainstorming is often the best way to start. I got a lot of advice/help with my pally that way.

One thing I learned a long time ago with MMOs, never put all your eggs in 1 basket. Have a few characters to choose from on the list. That way if one gets nerfed to the point you don't like it, move to the next until it's fixed.

Yes there is a way to play Warlock, the healer path.
    I copied this from warlock discussion, where you see how Hellbringer performs, played by knoweledgabel player like @tom#6998 and @ramesh84 , I think this is preview with all changes active like on live now.
    You see 1. 4. an 5. are Wizards, 2. maybe too or a TR, 3. is a Hunter and then you can see a "small gap" downwards 6.+7., both Hellbringer with adeaquat gear in tomm. I hope the difference is more than transperent? :)

• commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    *warlock buffed

(read latest patch!)
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
    edited October 2019

*warlock buffed

(read latest patch!)

Read through patch and you will find:
    "Hellfire Expertise no longer increases Fire and Necrotic Damage."
    ...put somewher in between-> all damge reduced by 25% layer

and this: "Risky Investment now grants a 4% bonus to damage for each stack of Soul Investiture." 5x4% < 5x5%->5% missing
    There was a buff towards Soulsparks and WC 10%->12% wich is not from usage in most setup, since player run Parting Blasphemy.
    Soul scorch got buffed in damage and sparks spend more %buffs 4,5%->7,5% +3%
    Effectively the change from mutiplicative to additive took away some % like all others TR/CW/Hunter. The changes for % buffs all in all even lower the outcome a bit on top.

and this: "Soul Investiture is now a 10% damage increase for the Soul Puppet per stack." formerly it attacked for 45 magnitude every 1.25 seconds, and each stack of SI increases this by 68% per stack (not 20%) to a total of 197magnitude per attack. Now it's ... less. Devs obviously think a dps lock is in good shape and puppet is a too big support..wich is not, noone cares about that puppet tbh.

Magnitudes got adjusted for the 25% loss, but they are near same for focus damage (KF/HG/xy), AOE got buffed for PB builds though. So in case you want to run a aoe focussed build this is quite a buff...how does this work out in tomm actually?
    > @commanderdata002 said:
    > *warlock buffed
    >
    > (read latest patch!)

I have read it, i have tested it on preview, i gave my feedback on time on preview, as i also been giving it for the past 7 months. This is a nerf not a buff. Its either they are scammers or incompetent.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I find that my warlock does about the same damage as pre-update. Buffing magnitude while taking away a feature that increases damage by 25% negates itself.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    @magdalena#1708

But the soulweaver is useful - more useful to a party in certain content than the hellbringer is apparently. So seems like good advice to me.

It curses as well. Healing from a warlock with an infernal patron was hard for me to reconcile, but I think the developers made it work, and made it make sense. It makes just as much sense as the cleric switching from Devout to Arbiter. And it makes a lot more sense to me than the Barbarian switching from Blademaster to Sentinel.

Regarding D&D, It's no different to me than a 5e hill dwarf cleric. Tank and healer at one and the same time.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They could have made healer Warlock with Celestial pact and DPS remaining Infernal. Apart from power names and the class quests, it doesn't really matter.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    The celestial patron option would've been fantastic, but that was never going to happen not when the last class and last two races released didn't even get the most basic of quests.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    After the current changes, warlocks will be lucky to get a participation reward for tomm, since they are a flat carry now and contribute nothing as dps, now glorifed tank healstone replacement.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2019

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @noworries#8859 @terramak

I spent:

All of that turned bound to character and unable to transfer to another character. All put into my useless warlock trusting in your words and expecting an improve on my class since the beggining of mod 16. After 7 months of false words and all the feedback we gave you all you came up is with a nonsense plain nerf. I have no more patience to be polite, i demand a compensation or a chance to recover the stuff i wasted
    What a crybaby stupid thing to say, none the less thats not happening. Your not wrong about warlocks though were god awful in pvp/pve and the latest update just made the problem worse.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I spent:

I don't know about any compensation the company might give you. It will probably be in the range of 0-0.

But after looking at your shopping spree I can honestly say.....you got ripped off and it wasn't by the devs.
    So what should i expect then? To wait for another 7 months so they make another mistake? Either they dont know or they dont want. It is asking for this and move on playing with another char or go to every place and start talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about this company and this game. I do like the idea of the game so thats why i am here doing this.
    So have yourselves some empathy and stop making <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> troll comments because if your main class was the one destroyed you wouldnt like this things.
    I only can give one advise in case you want to run a dps class.
    Stop spending any ammount of AD, Zen or real money into the warlock class.
    Start building up another class like TR/CW/Hunter and swap your stuff, just do some updates on your build and try to forget about the class.
    Otherwise you will go on getting mad about all this BS, that lasts for far longer than 7 month. if you look for those horrible reworks in the past taking ages to get the class in an accetpable spot for a short period.
    Alternatively stop supporting this game.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I always put money in, I don't put it in until I get Sw dps.

Totally on purpose what they are doing!
    Because Sw heal is perfect, and why not do the same with DPS ????
    edited October 2019
    One of the most buggy things that is happening too, is KF, the damage average is totally wrong! Mag 500-750, average around 70k to 2kk

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Haven't enjoyed playing for a while now and been taking a break for the last month. And logged in to see how damage was. This year has been one of the worst with just stupid changes that they knew wouldn't work like they thought and they haven't learned their lesson. Need new leadership on the dev side. This just is not working.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Not a total loss, but i am not digging it as much as i was pre update. But lets be honest i wasn't digging last version as much as i enjoyed Pre mod 16 and i didn't like pre mod 16 as much as i liked launch Warlock.....

wow they really are just chipping pieces off the class off bit by bit aren't they.

maybe next update will insult my appearence choices, tell me i am playing wrong before it just deletes my warlock character and calls my wizard fat then tells my paladin she wears too much makeup.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    We had our "Fix". We probably won't see another "overhaul" like this one for another 2 years.
    Finally got pets to legend and all rank 14's with Sollys' dps build. Only then I became a top damage dealer in LOMM. Previously i was mid-lvl support. If I remove some enchants, or switch to epic pets, or don't use best rotations, I immediately fall back in damage to my previous miserable damage numbers. The point is that SW is punished rather heavily if we don't have max stats and pets.
    The weak at-wills still make mimics a nightmare, and crit severity nerf is probably targeted at Rogues and CW's but falls on our heads as well.
    As for TOMM we need to accept that it's a "Class Specific" dungeon, SW is just the ugly cousin your Mom made you bring.
    We chose SW because of a "high Damage" myth from the new build description in the character creation area, or maybe for the shadow slip to fly around the maps faster, who knows, but after a year or so, how many of us would take a free class reroll token if one existed? Most I would imagine.
    In stead of building us up to Rogue/CW levels in damage they typically try to pull us all down to mid level. Class balance is a myth, and SW is the path to mediocre.
    I want a class reroll :'(
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2019

We had our "Fix". We probably won't see another "overhaul" like this one for another 2 years.
    Finally got pets to legend and all rank 14's with Sollys' dps build. Only then I became a top damage dealer in LOMM. Previously i was mid-lvl support. If I remove some enchants, or switch to epic pets, or don't use best rotations, I immediately fall back in damage to my previous miserable damage numbers. The point is that SW is punished rather heavily if we don't have max stats and pets.
    The weak at-wills still make mimics a nightmare, and crit severity nerf is probably targeted at Rogues and CW's but falls on our heads as well.
    As for TOMM we need to accept that it's a "Class Specific" dungeon, SW is just the ugly cousin your Mom made you bring.
    We chose SW because of a "high Damage" myth from the new build description in the character creation area, or maybe for the shadow slip to fly around the maps faster, who knows, but after a year or so, how many of us would take a free class reroll token if one existed? Most I would imagine.
    In stead of building us up to Rogue/CW levels in damage they typically try to pull us all down to mid level. Class balance is a myth, and SW is the path to mediocre.

In the thread intruducing the Warlock changes, the dev stated that they intentionally did not buff Warlock.... that they wanted to see how this patch affected the DPS of all classes first. They made it clear that balancing was a step to come, along with Warlock class bug fixes.

If warlock was my class i'd be nervous and upset, but threatening the devs and calling out doom and gloom is the wrong direction. If you want warlock to improve... show them the bugs and problems. Anyone can and does complain that their class is underpowered. I suggeest providing hard data, not a subjective example of one mission. From what I've seen post-patch... Warlock is toward the bottom of the charts but just needs a moderate boost, and maybe more build flexibility.
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on