test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverember's Recruitment Event Feedback

Comments

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

The event is over so can anyone now confirm that characters started while the event was active either do or do not continue to get the event benefits from levelling when the event is over?

So far my new alts that I created are still getting the Neverember tokens. Not sure if that is just a bug and will be fixed or is working as intended. With the lack of feedback with get from the devs its always a guessing game.
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Member Posts: 14 Arc User

The event is over so can anyone now confirm that characters started while the event was active either do or do not continue to get the event benefits from levelling when the event is over?

So far my new alts that I created are still getting the Neverember tokens. Not sure if that is just a bug and will be fixed or is working as intended. With the lack of feedback with get from the devs its always a guessing game.
    *poking the mods/devs/gods/whatever*

Well they stayed for a few days, went to get the next level of AI, noticed all the event tokens have been removed, they were there around the new year. Poof now.

Verified not just me.

*poking the mods/devs/gods/whatever*

Well they stayed for a few days, went to get the next level of AI, noticed all the event tokens have been removed, they were there around the new year. Poof now.

Verified not just me.
    Yelp, same here. This really stinks and the problem is not how much time they gave for the event but the absolutely stupid time and quest restrictions in the HoF campaign. Had plenty of time, weeks in fact to finish it but you end up half way through the week without filling your weekly limit because the moron NPCs won't give you any more quests is just stupid. Just another reason to hate mod 15.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    i like those "unlocked" VIP packages idea. not everyone can afford those playable races in current price ranges, most still waiting for discount prices.
    those contents are only pixels and seem the team made them overpriced.
    It would be nice if they start up another recruitment event and let us finish up any new alts we started with the first one. Not holding my breath.
  • fingerlickngoodfingerlickngood Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    +10 time zone 8am. Having the same log in issues.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'll link this discussion of the early ending of Neverember Incentives (without announcement or warning, before an eligible Neverember Recruit could possibly earn the advertised rewards):

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1245892/neverember-incentive-points-no-longer-included-in-ai-campaign

My thoughts, after participating in the event and the AI campaign alongside it, would be to wonder if Cryptic ever plans to do another Recruit event? If so, why would people participate when they know in advance that Cryptic will likely randomly turn off the ability to earn rewards before the event can be completed?
  • octonionsrule#4355 octonionsrule Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I will try to be civil, despite the rage I feel.

The wording was clear. The implementation did not fit the wording.
    I explained where specifically and why the wording was in direct contradiction to the implementation in:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1245892/neverember-incentive-points-no-longer-included-in-ai-campaign

From a pure logical perspective no one could have surmised, from the official description of the event, that rewards would be turned off without notice after a couple of weeks after the event. Turning them off at some random time after the event was never announced and totally unexpected.

In fact, they not only turned off rewards that hadn't been earned yet. They also removed the rewards from the levelling boxes for all levels, including levelling boxes that had already been acquired during the event, but not opened. Nowhere did it say, that the benefits promised during levelling would be removed from the boxes that have already been earned during the event, at some random time after the event.

This is cheating on the grandest possible scale.

I also have come to the conclusion, that this rip off of the faithful customers was deliberate and intentional. It might not have been intentional at the beginning. But during and after the event, when rewards were still handed out (in full agreement with the event description) numerous players asked for details, on how long rewards could be earned. Noone from Cryptic ever came forward with any details, despite all of these requests. The silence, e.g. the conscious decision to leave the players in the dark, was clearly deliberate. The entire event became a sham, when after a random period of silence the rewards were unexpectedly turned off, not only for the future, but also for things that have already been earned!

Loosing rewards that were promised, but not yet earned is bad enough. At least one can do other things.
    But loosing rewards that were already earned, in fact completely earned long before the event officially ended, that is totally not acceptable!

And still, no word from the community manager. No explanation. No apology. This is clearly deliberate.

The wording was clear. Even if it hadn't been clear, such an event just does not make sense if an eligible character created during the official duration of the event cannot possibly earn the rewards, because the rewards are time-gated.

What makes sense is that there is only a limited time period (e.g. the official event duration) for the creation of an eligible character. And this is exactly what the event description said: In order to be eligible, a character has to be created (or logged in as level 1) during the event.

What also makes sense is, once a character is eligible, (s)he is entitled to earn rewards, independent of the time duration for the creation of eligible characters. Everything else leads to unfairness:

For instance, what about a new player, who started to play a couple of weeks after the event officially started? Or a player who took a leave from the game and came back a couple of weeks after the event started? If the time period for the creation of an eligible character is also the time period, during which rewards can be earned (it never said so in the description, nor was it implemented in this way: rewards were still earned for some non-disclosed time period after the event), the player could not possibly have earned the rewards, because levelling takes time and the rewards from the campaign were time gated in such a way, that they could only be earned (barely) by characters created at day 1 of the event. Yet players that created an eligible character at a later time paid the same amount of real money for the zen to buy their character slots. Why should they receive less rewards, no rewards at all and why the hell should rewards that were already earned be taken from them without notice?

I can only hope, that Cryptic uses the deliberate silence on this matter to rethink, how such an event should be done properly, that it is an enjoyable experience for the players. IMO it is necessary to be clear, from the beginning

- how long rewards can be earned (after the time period for the creation of eligible characters has run out),
    - to make sure, via an appropriate choice for the above time period, that eligible characters created "late" can actually earn all the rewards,
    - to state clearly that rewards from the levelling boxes will be removed after this time period,
    - to recompensate the players for any unexpected losses

• wolfiekahn#3786 wolfiekahn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2019

and vip needs to be real money only with a 1 month 5 month and 12 month, all at reasonable prices say $50 for 12 months $30 for 5 months and $10 for 1 month. the extra benefits on top of the current bonuses need to be as follows:

moon elf unlocked

dragonborn unlocked

free daily keys for every lockbox and queue bonus chest

free rough astral diamonds monthly

free zen monthly

free weekly guild starter pack

if you do this and keep astral diamonds in the game youre good to go astral diamonds is flawless now no need to nerf it anymore lots of people rely on them for their zen

uhh if they did that.. it would give no incentive for anyone to actually buy zen just vip and most would just buy $10 vip and get all this ez free stuff.. It would also complete destroy balance.. It would cause inflation in AH or completely crash it .. surplus of top end items to point nobody will appreciate it, because its in massive abundance. Those races would become no more interesting then the rest other then the race bonus's also everyone and their cat will be playing as just those races.
    Post edited by wolfiekahn#3786 on
  • amarylliscandyamarylliscandy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I had made a character on oct 1st.
    I had wished to take level her while the event was on and waited to create her. when I considered doing so earlier and not joining in on the event.

I took her just past the bridge bridge to get into pe. So that would have leveled her to what 4? I could log out take a break and log in later. Now I know it said The event was running from Tuesday October till whenever. I had done the first quest just to have her ready to game.

I am not 100% sure why she does not quality to be part of this event.
    Did start to create her to early maybe by minutes? I guess I could have miss judged the time zone difference. Well I guess that just means I won't be doing it. I am NOT about to delete her and make her again just to be able to!

|🌙|

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I had wished to take level her while the event was on and waited to create her. when I considered doing so earlier and not joining in on the event.

I took her just past the bridge bridge to get into pe. So that would have leveled her to what 4? I could log out take a break and log in later. Now I know it said The event was running from Tuesday October till whenever. I had done the first quest just to have her ready to game.

Did start to create her to early maybe by minutes? I guess I could have miss judged the time zone difference. Well I guess that just means I won't be doing it. I am NOT about to delete her and make her again just to be able to!

the character needs to be made during the event and if you're only level 4 it would be worth deleting and starting over imo.
  • amarylliscandyamarylliscandy Member Posts: 17 Arc User

the character needs to be made during the event and if you're only level 4 it would be worth deleting and starting over imo.
    Normally I would agree.
    Unless one has invested character bound mounts, companions, and other items. ect.
    I will just continue with it. I had planned not make the toon anyway. I had only happen to see that the event was coming so I waited a for it no big deal. I know bugs happen with events, now ant then so it was a possibility anyway.
    It is what it is.
    No worries.

|🌙|

• juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Hey guys I got an alt that I created last time with the same event and just got 55 neverember incentives, IF I spend that now during this event. Can I create two new Toons and get (FINALLY the easy way just level up) 200 account wide neverember incentives? OR do I have to delete the one with the 55 neverember incentive? :(
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I would assume that the 55 incentives you got from the character created at the last event counts towards the 200 account wide total. Deleting the toon will not reset the counter to zero.

In fact, if you could create a character during the event, earn some tokens, then spend them at the incentive store (which does not reset the account wide counter), delete the character and hope that that this subtracts the 55 (spent or not spent) tokens of the deleted character from the account-wide counter, you could earn an unlimited amount of tokens.

On the other hand, it becomes more and more difficult - with the large amount of bugs and the ambiguous wording of the event description - to determine what is "intended behavior" and what not. I am not sure, if it was intended, that a character created in the last event could earn tokens in the new event. It would be only fair, because the description of the last event clear indicated, that the only prerequisite to earn tokens (during leveling or the AI campaign) is to create the character during the event. In fact, characters that were created during the event could earn tokens after the event for a couple of weeks, until this (intentional or unintentional) functionality was suddenly turned off (without warning or notice prior, or any explanation after). Quite obviously it is easier to guess the correct numbers in the lottery than to guess, was the intended behavior should have been.

However, it is almost certain, that the programmers did not add code, that sets the account-wide incentive counter to zero, when a character is deleted. This just would not make any sense. It is quite obvious, that the account-wide counter is reset some time before the event.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2019

I would assume that the 55 incentives you got from the character created at the last event counts towards the 200 account wide total. Deleting the toon will not reset the counter to zero.

It is quite obvious, that the account-wide counter is reset some time before the event.

I expect the 55 incentives earned from last time would NOT be counted towards the 200 account wide total for this time.
    When "the account-wide counter is reset some time before the event", the account wide counter would be 0.
    That account wide counter would not be incremented unless new incentive is earned from this event.

I don't expect the now old character (that has 55 incentive or 100 incentive) can earn any more incentive.
    You can have two character who earned 200 incentives in total and did not spend any. I don't expect this account would be forbidden to participate this event just because the player did not spend the previous incentive.

P.S. What I expect does not mean it is true.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited October 2019
    @plasticbat: The poster I referred to said quite clearly:

.. I got an alt that I created last time with the same event and just got 55 neverember incentives ..

(emphasis in bold by me)

In other words, he earned 55 incentives in the *new event*, e.g. in the last few days, with a character that was *created during the old event*, e.g. almost a year ago. He did not claim, that he earned these 55 incentives already during the old event, e.g. roughly a year ago. He earned them in the last few days.

The scenario you are contemplating is different: You assumed, that the 55 incentives were earned during the old event, e.g. a year ago. And yes, in this case the 55 incentives would rather obviously not count in the new event.

I guess, the poster decided not to open any level up boxes, after the old event finished (or after the devs removed the functionality, that existed a couple of weeks after the old events, to still earn incentives from the boxes). He then opened the remaining level up boxes during the new event and - apparently - got 55 incentives from the one year old boxes.

@plasticbat: The poster I referred to said quite clearly:

.. I got an alt that I created last time with the same event and just got 55 neverember incentives ..

(emphasis in bold by me)

In other words, he earned 55 incentives in the *new event*, e.g. in the last few days, with a character that was *created during the old event*, e.g. almost a year ago. He did not claim, that he earned these 55 incentives already during the old event, e.g. roughly a year ago. He earned them in the last few days.

The scenario you are contemplating is different: You assumed, that the 55 incentives were earned during the old event, e.g. a year ago. And yes, in this case the 55 incentives would rather obviously not count in the new event.

I guess, the poster decided not to open any level up boxes, after the old event finished (or after the devs removed the functionality, that existed a couple of weeks after the old events, to still earn incentives from the boxes). He then opened the remaining level up boxes during the new event and - apparently - got 55 incentives from the one year old boxes.
    Sorry, I missed the "just" of "just got" part.
    In this case, it becomes more interesting. I think this old character may actually be able to continue to earn incentive this time assuming the character did not reach the max 100.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

In this case, it becomes more interesting. I think this old character may actually be able to continue to earn incentive this time assuming the character did not reach the max 100.

Seems likely. Intended? I guess not even Cryptic knows :-)

• tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User

Characters have to log in as level 1 during the event to qualify, iirc.
    they did mess up, big time, forced to get other items before they pull out. seem they dont care. no compensation, just only "thank you for being suckers" and leave us unfinished and waited. i had my character made and reach 70 level in 3-4 days., should have all that reward prizes earned completely.
    edited October 2019

Do we really now only get 200 incentives per account?
    I distinctly remember 400!
    This would really suck as I stupidly started 3 characters, now I can never buy the Warg with my 2nd new character?

Please tell me it´s another typo. :s

It was 200 last time. It is 200 this time. I never saw 400 anywhere.
    devs, after i read other posts, didnt had time to read all until now, just a word, becareful for what you guys did, you are on thin ice, you made this game community thinks that you are not honest with players, just another con-job scammers. you are not making players happy to play with nerfs and cut-backs, switch marketable items from vendors to zen in the name of greed.
    look like you dont care about players spent time investing and only to see it taken away or become outdated.

we come to play RPG as fantasy weekend warriors, but not as casino players with expecting money to blow.

it is suppose to be free to play, and coalescence ward shouldnt involve with real cash and invoking got nerfed to almost non-exist for months when players need to upgrade. you put players in corners, that dangerous to put characters' upgrading progressions on market. no one likes it.
    truth is, i am not wallet whale and very tight on budget. my medications is important, and game isnt, and suppose to be stress-free. playing pre-mod 6 was fun, post mod 16 is more budget frustrations and calculator racing.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User

Do we really now only get 200 incentives per account?
    I distinctly remember 400!
    This would really suck as I stupidly started 3 characters, now I can never buy the Warg with my 2nd new character?

Please tell me it´s another typo. :s

I'm reasonably certain the the previous run was 200 limit per account, 100 limit per character. So you could try to get the full 100 on 2 characters, or get 50 each on 4 characters, whatever you need to achieve the rewards you are shooting for.