test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pvp season is bad

gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
edited October 2019 in PvP Discussion
It is just plain bad. Your position on the leaderboard (and your final reward) depends 95% on the luck you get on your queue and 5% on your ability. New people are playing pvp now and I don't blame them, in fact i'm happy that there are more queueing. But this season thing is scaring them away, because normally if you have a vote kick you try to kick that person to not lose and descend one page of the leaderboard. Then you have people that throw away a match just because they have a friendship with someone on the other side, or queue premades to gain wins.
For the next season, make battle trophies obtainable with each win instead of leaderboard based and put a lesser reward for leaderboard position.
And for the love of god please turn off the automatic reinforcemet when a player leaves. The one who queues on a losing match will get that match lost and its not his/her fault

Comments

• kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This has always been the case with solo Q though; double edged sword - no premades but always the chance of having 4 12k's on your team.

Hopefully once leaderboards get established the Q system will start making sensical teams.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    The que system is flawed to say the least, it seems to penalize you the higher your elos is by throwing you into matches with worse and worse pugs. Something jon mentioned on a different thread. There are also frequent issues with the class and role combinations the que picks for the teams. I'm not 100% sure it even reads roles. It frequently does things like put all the healers on one team and give no healers to the other team. The que is also not properly safeguarded against que syncing in with a buddy or even a full pre.

From my observations its almost like the que is trying to balance out the matches but instead of doing this by making the matchups themselves more even, it does this by trying to even out your wins and losses. I get patterns like string of mostly wins followed by string of mostly losses or win loss win loss patterns. Its hard to tell how much of this is luck and how much of it is que and leaderboard design flaws.

The best rewards should also be given to the best player of each class instead of giving it to just whoever gets into the top 3 spots on the board, this would remove the impact class imbalances have on your ability to compete for rewards.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • animamundi24animamundi24 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    No matter what skill or gear you have.
    The only matter how many shadowclad hamsters will be in your or enemy team.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User

The que system is flawed to say the least, it seems to penalize you the higher your elos is by throwing you into matches with worse and worse pugs. Something jon mentioned on a different thread. There are also frequent issues with the class and role combinations the que picks for the teams. I'm not 100% sure it even reads roles. It frequently does things like put all the healers on one team and give no healers to the other team. The que is also not properly safeguarded against que syncing in with a buddy or even a full pre.

From my observations its almost like the que is trying to balance out the matches but instead of doing this by making the matchups themselves more even, it does this by trying to even out your wins and losses. I get patterns like string of mostly wins followed by string of mostly losses or win loss win loss patterns. Its hard to tell how much of this is luck and how much of it is que and leaderboard design flaws.

The best rewards should also be given to the best player of each class instead of giving it to just whoever gets into the top 3 spots on the board, this would remove the impact class imbalances have on your ability to compete for rewards.

+1 to all of this