test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give some Adjustments to Barbarians

betepok#5883 betepok Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2019 in The Militia Barracks
Hellow there. Now when they have done warlock adjustments, can u tell us when u will do something for barbarians? 1 more damage slot in companions system, redoing deteremination because make full of determination very hard, give more speed for our atwills and decrease time recovrey of our some encounters like battlefury has almost 30 sec. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Realistically, I'd probably say not happening.

This is because SWs had the "bugged" buffs (multipicative, which were correct since as far back as Mod 6 or even earlier) and are getting "fixed" (additive in its own category, separate multiplier), this would result in a loss in damage, which is why SWs are due for some "compensation".

Since Barbie had the "screwed up beyond comprehension" buffs (aka: somehow additive to CA/Crit Sev) that are getting turned into "fixed" buffs (additive in own category, separate multiplier), this would likely result in Barbie doing more damage. Which means that Barbie is not "due" any "compensation".

Even if you guys found some ludicrous bug post additive buffs that was causing you to deal 10% of your normal damage, I'd bet you guys wouldn't get compensated at all.

Reasoning: that one clip of asterdahl's opinions on Barbie players that @cellablock is more than happy to share.

1 more damage slot in companions system

This one is the only change to Barbie that I can see being within the scope of possibility, considering our "dear" dev team's schedule.

give more speed for our atwills and decrease time recovrey of our some encounters like battlefury has almost 30 sec.

I also do not see either of these happening.

I don't know the exact details, but I vaguely recall seeing asterdahl or some of the other devs have some magnitude per second calculation that makes abilities "useful" based on their damage versus their cooldown. This is to encourage "tactical" gameplay that encourages you to "save" your encounters.

As for At-wills, I don't think the devs would touch At-will speed (or their base damage) due to not wanting players to deal amazing damage from just holding down At-wills (nevermind that that's effectively what gameplay has devolved down to, but eh...).

• Options
    aaron#1767 aaron Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    barb is the worst DPS in the game right now. I have a 165k power barb and i have a build and yes i click all 6 of my abilities on cooldown. Despite this fact a dps fighter did 100 mill damage in LOMM and i only did 58 mill. I did not die one time the entire dungeon and i was one of the first in to combat every time.
  • Options
    aaron#1767 aaron Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    the fighter only had about 10k more power then me
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Not sure of your rotation, but I run LOMM regularly on my barb, he has around 170k power. I use Not so fast(w feat to give extra sometimes nondependent of cooldown, with relentless), punishing charge, and either IBS(w feat) or bloodletter(w feat). On bosses, ill swap out punishing for frenzy. On the class features, I use barbed strikes and steel blitz. I liked trample, but with the %'s being thrown in with crit sev/combat adv, I ran some tests, and steel blitz is better than trample, more so on certain bosses that are CC immune, that has to be factored in. Run trample on trash if you want, but the blitz also gives more rage build up I think. On daily I lose 30% because of feat HAMSTER for tat, but they build so rare id rather have 3% at wills and encounter. I use earthshaker?(whichever one takes 5 secs), situationally, it will pump dps, like when you go into one of 1st rooms in LOMM, with beholder, cube, and mobs. Also the % gear is better still. The 3% melee x2, along with any other %'s you can get. I use the heels of fury, 1 ebonized ring, 1 ring of the teacher(has HAMSTER for tat feat, I use instead of fearbringers now, but shadowstalker +4/5 ring still pretty close or even better some would say), terrorgrips and ebonized chest that gives 10 stacks of 1% power. It can be mixed and matched, but id make sure have the x2 melee 3% and the chest. If you don't think you're getting the 10 stacks from the chest, go fured kiuno/heels, shadowstalker, etc. On the comp gear, try and get the 3 1010 gear that have combat adv w crit/armor pen/accuracy, and you should be good on combat easily. Baby owl bear in utility/1 tenebrous enchant in off also a way to up dps around 5-10 mil per LOMM. But if someone(usually HR I know) out DPS's me in a 22 min run, 90 mil to 65 mil, and someone else has 60-70 mil, so be it. Only so much to go around in LOMM, and the mobs are very "1 by 1" id say and usually the fastest DPS cleans up, except for a few parts. In most groups, 25-30 min run, I get 1st DPS or a close 2nd/3rd, but again its who you run with. If theres a crazy TR(Nonel haha) that does 100 mil to my 70, again, so be it.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Also, if you cant get 1010 companion gear to match, use the blue gear w/ 1 off slot until you can. You lose 4k power from the loss of an empowered, but if it balances your stats, its worth it IMO. Or use 2 choke chains and 1 pearl ring.
  • Options
    rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    ... in fact, less defensive slots for a melee class w/o dodge dont will be great for bladmasters in general. being supposedly able to deal similar damage even using 3 defensive slots should be a minimum compensation.

about improve damages/determination in general... lets be honest, they have sooooooooo many forms to buff this class, but...

• Options
    coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    > @airavis1 said:
    > barb is the worst DPS in the game right now. I have a 165k power barb and i have a build and yes i click all 6 of my abilities on cooldown. Despite this fact a dps fighter did 100 mill damage in LOMM and i only did 58 mill. I did not die one time the entire dungeon and i was one of the first in to combat every time.

Hm outside tomm (there we are fourth on dps) on any other content we can be first on dps especially lomm you are first until last boss as the single Target class catch up if you don't have daily up. But no we are not worst class try different rotation try lighting if you need but you are not worst than fighter.

If we can carry lomm (anyone can come as dps than we are in a good place. Single Target is a different story as we don't have passive damage or to many encounters to use)
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)