test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Insignia's overpriced

2»

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

sobi#1980 said:

GUys i am at 160k power, tbh if i do the maths, insig cost me cheaper for the amount of power they give me than upgrading my remaining r13 enchants.

Ummm....do Legacy Weeklies and upgrade them for the cost of wards (much less than the cost of power insignias).
    In fact, for "free", no cost at all, only patience.

You can have free wards from praying (celestial coins => celestial chests). Especially when you are getting some extra toons (praying alt army). Ex: with 12 toons, if you are able to go through all the prayers everyday on everyone, you earn around 2 coalescent seals + 20 preservation seals / month.

takes a pretty damn long time with that amount of wards tough
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

sobi#1980 said:

GUys i am at 160k power, tbh if i do the maths, insig cost me cheaper for the amount of power they give me than upgrading my remaining r13 enchants.

Ummm....do Legacy Weeklies and upgrade them for the cost of wards (much less than the cost of power insignias).

You can have free wards from praying (celestial coins => celestial chests). Especially when you are getting some extra toons (praying alt army). Ex: with 12 toons, if you are able to go through all the prayers everyday on everyone, you earn around 2 coalescent seals + 20 preservation seals / month.

I really can't take this game seriously other than TOMM. It seems like any other dungeon is a a walk in the park. I don't know how players who have completed TOMM multiple times are playing this game. I would take a huge long break.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

I really can't take this game seriously other than TOMM. It seems like any other dungeon is a a walk in the park. I don't know how players who have completed TOMM multiple times are playing this game. I would take a huge long break.

If I were to play a game for just one dungeon, I wouldn't be playing that game at all. Maybe the game isn't the problem, but rather how you view it. You make no attempt to make the game better for yourself; did you try having another set of gear for lower dungeon runs with less stats? You could even try setting up a team for doing that, yet you'd rather come on here and complain about 1 thing in AH that's over priced, then talk a bunch of nonsense. When's the last time you ran CR?

I myself have no urge to do ToMM at all for now. i take more enjoyment helping new players with the game, which seems to be growing all of a sudden.

sobi#1980 said:

If I were to play a game for just one dungeon, I wouldn't be playing that game at all. Maybe the game isn't the problem, but rather how you view it. You make no attempt to make the game better for yourself; did you try having another set of gear for lower dungeon runs with less stats? You could even try setting up a team for doing that, yet you'd rather come on here and complain about 1 thing in AH that's over priced, then talk a bunch of nonsense. When's the last time you ran CR?

I myself have no urge to do ToMM at all for now. i take more enjoyment helping new players with the game, which seems to be growing all of a sudden.
    Which toxic salty water did you drink when you got out of your bed today? Completely ignoring the initial post and focusing on my comment which was a casual comment to another member; really does make me think twice about your reason to comment.

If you were to claim that green brutality and fortitude insigs are not expensive, heck i think you need some kind of treatment. The main reason for them being so expensive was a design flaw in the drop rate of green insig in insig boxes.

Lastly, why would i carry on playing this game when the game itself doesn't make efforts to make it more fun for the population? The sole reason i played this game over other much more populated MMO's is because of its gear progression and you literally want to make my reason to play moot by making me take my gear/progression off. Heck, i rather take a break or play another game until this game brings something other than TOMM. The end game players had long left this game and most came back just for TOMM.

Don't go around judging other people's intention for playing this game or what they should be doing with their life. The point was insigs are overpriced, comment on that.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

Which toxic salty water did you drink when you got out of your bed today? Completely ignoring the initial post and focusing on my comment which was a casual comment to another member; really does make me think twice about your reason to comment.

You made a salty comment towards the game, not exactly pertaining to the original point. There was no need for it, and I'm tired of seeing the crying about 1 dungeon. Obviously you didn't understand my point at all. Try rereading it.

If you were to claim that green brutality and fortitude insigs are not expensive, heck i think you need some kind of treatment. The main reason for them being so expensive was a design flaw in the drop rate of green insig in insig boxes.
    I never said they weren't. You don't really NEED them though. There are better things to rank up before insignias like those. When you have everything else done, what else do you have to use the AD for? The price reflects supply vs demand. It a very short supply of the green ones vs what's needed to rank up the purples. Like i said, that don't matter much anyway.
    Lastly, why would i carry on playing this game when the game itself doesn't make efforts to make it more fun for the population? The sole reason i played this game over other much more populated MMO's is because of its gear progression and you literally want to make my reason to play moot by making me take my gear/progression off. Heck, i rather take a break or play another game until this game brings something other than TOMM. The end game players had long left this game and most came back just for TOMM.
    You take the "gear progression" off to fix the problem you have playing those older dungeons. They're too easy, but why? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. That's the same for any MMo. Older dungeons become easier once you're geared up. Most people generally don't complain about that sort of thing. It's just obsurd.
    Don't go around judging other people's intention for playing this game or what they should be doing with their life. The point was insigs are overpriced, comment on that.
    I never judged anyone's intentions of playing this game, nor told them what they should be doing with their life. I made a suggestion about your problem with the dungeons being too easy. Then I went on to say what I would do if I so felt the need. I did offer my view on the insignias (refer to the bottom of page 1), but you simply ignored it.

The conundrum of your statement about judging is obvious.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    tom#6998 said:

sobi#1980 said:

Sure.

It's also a pretty damn long time with the amount of stones and marks you earn freely from 3 legacy campaign quests/week :o .
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I see two fixes that would be reasonable and not crash the market.

1) install a 25% chance for a random green or blue insignia to be rewarded from the Manycoins bank mission chest.

(this boosts reward for sticking a bunch of acorns into unlocking it. The missions take over 10 minutes per run, and the chest costs acorns to open, which is limited to 175 acorns per week.)

2) add two insignia choice boxes to Sybella's legacy quest rewards:
    any blue insignia for 30 reward tokens.
    any green insignia for 15 reward tokens.

These changes will slowly move the max auction prices downward to point at about 100,000 AD for blue insignias, and 50,000 AD for green insignias.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    they could add a wild card green insignia back to the game. with the vigors and whatever the other one was dropping from nodes I was able to do enough for 2 toons to be fully outfitted in doms. the blue and purple are affordable if you can farm the greens it's not bad.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

You made a salty comment towards the game, not exactly pertaining to the original point. There was no need for it, and I'm tired of seeing the crying about 1 dungeon. Obviously you didn't understand my point at all. Try rereading it.

Hey, u took my nickname. I was going to call myself some1stolemynickname, but it wasn't available!

Oh... what was the thread about again? :)

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Generally speaking add more useful stuff to Dungeon Chests and the Random Queues or add the Legacy Campaign currency to the Random Queues. i.e. 1 Heroic Medallion per Random Queue finished.

Add Insignia Mount Green Choice Box to the Store @ 25 Heroic Medallions each?

SO each toon could get 4 x 7 = 28 Heroic Medallions per week.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

sobi#1980 said:

Well, i don't think that's going to work out for everyone.

Depending on how much time i have for NWO, i'm logging 15 characters daily for a prayer, then open 11 coffers in one go, and i rarely get even one C. Wards and 15 P. Wards together at the end of the month, and i'm doing that for a very long time now. Sure, once in a blue moon i get two C. Wards in one session, but i've also seen none C. Wards drop over several sessions as well.

You might as well suggest grinding for AD and then buying Warded Enchantment Packs from the AH for C. and P. Wards... which also might work very well for some lucky HAMSTER, but everyone else is going to end up with a ton of useless junk before getting any kind of Ward out of those packs.

I opened 30 Merchant Prince Lockboxes with my monthly ViP keys, pulled around 13 Warded Enchantment Packs from those, and got less then a handfull P. Wards and a whole lot of HAMSTER from them in the end.

Anyway, i'd say it's better to grind AD and to buy C. Wards directly from the AH, and to use the Winter Festival for getting whole stacks of P. Wards for free.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    regenerde said:

sobi#1980 said:

Depending on how much time i have for NWO, i'm logging 15 characters daily for a prayer, then open 11 coffers in one go, and i rarely get even one C. Wards and 15 P. Wards together at the end of the month, and i'm doing that for a very long time now. Sure, once in a blue moon i get two C. Wards in one session, but i've also seen none C. Wards drop over several sessions as well.

You might as well suggest grinding for AD and then buying Warded Enchantment Packs from the AH for C. and P. Wards... which also might work very well for some lucky HAMSTER, but everyone else is going to end up with a ton of useless junk before getting any kind of Ward out of those packs.

I opened 30 Merchant Prince Lockboxes with my monthly ViP keys, pulled around 13 Warded Enchantment Packs from those, and got less then a handfull P. Wards and a whole lot of HAMSTER from them in the end.

Anyway, i'd say it's better to grind AD and to buy C. Wards directly from the AH, and to use the Winter Festival for getting whole stacks of P. Wards for free.
    I can only say that works pretty well for me ... so far.

1. I only open at least 100 in one go. More is better.
    2. I only go to a lone instance such as an empty SH among alliance to do the 'open' operation. Yes, I always check to make sure it is empty and also prefer the instance is fresh (as takes a long time to load). Yes, that could be a big myth and what I did is stupid but it works well for me so far with no exception.
    3. I keep on stashing the box to shared bank when my toon makes one.
    4. I really don't like opening box unless I really "have to". That is why I have ton of lockbox keys, ton of leadership chests/bags. I don't like to do RNG operation although it seems I got "good" RNG.
    5. I have 14 characters doing invocation.

So far, for the last few years, I always get at least one c ward in 30.
    I have enough C wards stashed these days and I do not need to use many neither.
    Hence, I kind of stop opening for a long time. My stash is now around 350 boxes in the shared bank.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I collect boxes every 5.5 days on 23 characters and open them at double enchants for the extra ES rank5s. Usually this is 250+ boxes at a time. 3% seems to be the drop rate on coals from my experience and also from what other people have tested.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

sobi#1980 said:

I never said they weren't. You don't really NEED them though. There are better things to rank up before insignias like those. When you have everything else done, what else do you have to use the AD for? The price reflects supply vs demand. It a very short supply of the green ones vs what's needed to rank up the purples. Like i said, that don't matter much anyway.
    You take the "gear progression" off to fix the problem you have playing those older dungeons. They're too easy, but why? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. That's the same for any MMo. Older dungeons become easier once you're geared up. Most people generally don't complain about that sort of thing. It's just obsurd.
    I never judged anyone's intentions of playing this game, nor told them what they should be doing with their life. I made a suggestion about your problem with the dungeons being too easy. Then I went on to say what I would do if I so felt the need. I did offer my view on the insignias (refer to the bottom of page 1), but you simply ignored it.

The conundrum of your statement about judging is obvious.

Sorry, i really think you didn't even read the initial post, just read a comment where you could throw some salt and then had a great nights sleep thereafter.

My post is specifically about insignia's being overpriced because whilst they are in deamand (15 max per person), they are not obtainable anywhere in the game i.e. epic insignia, unless you're rich and want to burn lots of cash. At least the dev's should give players the option to earn them in certain events, which the upcoming Hell pit event seems just like it. I am glad the dev's did that, but they surely didn't do it on your advice.

pitshade said:

I collect boxes every 5.5 days on 23 characters and open them at double enchants for the extra ES rank5s. Usually this is 250+ boxes at a time. 3% seems to be the drop rate on coals from my experience and also from what other people have tested.

It works well for some, less well for others. And at 3% "chance" it really is possible to open 300 and get zero, 9 , or 15.

Back when I hoarded boxes from praying I probably opened a 100 or so. Didn't get a single Coal Ward.

Oddly enough, when I was brand new to game I got a Coal Ward before I really knew what I was doing and converted it into refinement points :)

Oh how I laughed about that three months later

regenerde said:

sobi#1980 said:

2. I only go to a lone instance such as an empty SH among alliance to do the 'open' operation. Yes, I always check to make sure it is empty and also prefer the instance is fresh (as takes a long time to load). Yes, that could be a big myth and what I did is stupid but it works well for me so far with no exception.
    4. I really don't like opening box unless I really "have to". That is why I have ton of lockbox keys, ton of leadership chests/bags. I don't like to do RNG operation although it seems I got "good" RNG.

Hence, I kind of stop opening for a long time. My stash is now around 350 boxes in the shared bank.
    I used to do similar things when opening Lockboxes. Didn't work for me ;)

BUt heck if it works for you keep on keeping on amigo!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2019

regenerde said:

sobi#1980 said:

I used to do similar things when opening Lockboxes. Didn't work for me ;)

BUt heck if it works for you keep on keeping on amigo!
    I did not say that "works" for lockbox. If it does, I won't have over 500 unused lockbox key.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***