Install Arc

Warlock Adjustments

Comments

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    hrakh said:

masteroga said:

Removing a 25% damage boost why?

1. Since I don't think the warlock is the only class with built in percentage bonuses (/penalties), when can we expect the similar treatment for all the other classes that have any kind of percentage bonus/penalty to damage and/or crit severity? ..

At this point in time and looking at how they are doing things...Probably never
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Despite some of the concerns mentioned here, I am happy to see that the warlock's actually a work in progress, and to hear a developer discussing plans.

The prolonged silence through this past spring and summer was really disheartening.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

While these changes weren't intended to be a big rebalancing of Warlock or adjust its relative damage compared to other classes, as we wanted the damage stacking changes to be live to see what effect it had on classes compared to each other, we can do an additional boost to some magnitudes after the weekend.

None of these would be functionality changes due to the timeline. And these probably won't be as large as some players would like, but we do want to avoid going too far before we see how the other changes affect the class to class balances.

You do realize that you're asking the Neverwinter player base to be patient? The same player base that has been largely disgruntled and unhappy with the way the game has been handled for the better part of the last year?

The same player base that has heard over and over again, "we're going to tweak this and that and you're gonna love it!" only to turn around and find their class has been nerfed into the ground.

Why is it that when things are toned down in the game, they lose 50%+ of their effectiveness but when things are tuned up the effects are so small they're hardly noticeable?

On the one hand, I get the whole iterative process of fine tuning a product. On the other hand, and I don't know if anyone around the offices has clued you guys in on this yet, this game is not in a state where tiny tweaks are needed.

You have to have the overall game in a good state to go back in and handle these micro tweaks. Your philosophies are at odds with each other and you're also putting the onus on your players to say "oh yeah, cool, no problem, you broke this thing a year ago but we'll keep waiting for the fix to come".

This isn't just a class issue either. It's a problem that permeates through every nook of this game's system and events. I'm not sure there's a single part of this game right now that doesn't have a handful (at least) of bugs.

But yeah, we'll keep waiting. While supporting other games with our wallets.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

> @tom#6998 said:

> (Quote)

> nope, the "good" warlocks arent happy with what they are getting.

Yes you will be, and im 100% sure out of all of these ppl requesting so mamy buffs, none of them will compete for top dps, like unless they make warlock a one pony trick where they press 1 button and one shots halastar, nothin will make these people haply.. but hey im all for it.. as it doesnt matter who is top dps.

who are those good warlocks u are talking about? Do u play one? How about, u dont attempt to speak for other people. Show me some ACT logs from warlocks in ToMM to back up your claims. Or are u only talking out of your HAMSTER?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    E: Nope
    - bye bye -

There a so many things a soul puppet could be useful for.

When it dissipates it could spread warlocks curse to every mob within 30'.
    It could be useful and attack mobs .... before .... the end of combat.
    It could even be more useful and help give you perma CA when active.
    It could be CC immune, I mean it is a soul after all, not actually a corporeal entity.
    It could give you damage linking so when you are hit the dmg is split between you and your soul puppet.
    And yeah, you could use tab to mark a target for your soul puppet to attack.
    There a so many things you could do with it.

But it is what the devs make it to be. A complex mechanism for building SI stacks.

I must have passed this comment three times without even looking at it.

And it just occurred to me that I've developed the habit of ignoring anything related to the soul puppet. It's like my eyes glaze over and my brain turns on the static. Even when playing I barely notice it other than the wail which reminds me that I probably just wasted a KF.
    Geez, what's that say.

> @tom#6998 said:

> (Quote)

> who are those good warlocks u are talking about? Do u play one? How about, u dont attempt to speak for other people. Show me some ACT logs from warlocks in ToMM to back up your claims. Or are u only talking out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?

Sure m8, i will make one on preview, will that be fine with you?

Also what claims you speak of? Do i speak it wrong when i see alot of ppl asking bs requests for buffs? Or when they continuasly repeat the same thing "oh this encounter is dog hamster" well news flash all classes have useless stuff , its not only Warlocks.

Also do i say something wrong that even if Warlock does gets buffed, will there be even 10% of those that complain about warlock to even reach to be top dps? Like alot of posts in here are sayin they should remove healing path completly, because all people care is DPS meter, so what did i said wrong when i asked devs to buff Warlock to be top dps :)

Also all of these claims and complains are mostly off completly, u ask me to give you ACT, when ppl are pullin off random numbers and % in their posts, theres like 8% of Warlock players , even less of them that are active, and even if Warlock gets buffed only a handful of them will know how to play it, the rest will go through it like they done b4, unless they make Warlocks 1 tap 1 kill.. problem with warlock is that is less played than other classes, and even if it becomes top dps, players wont be able to reach that, unless they make it easy for them to be top dps.. like extreme buffs.. anyway im all for it ti make warlock top dps, and i can make one on preview if you want someyh proven.

so u are just talking out of your HAMSTER, claiming that all Warlock players just suck and dont know how to play their class.
    How about u actually play the class, or speak with people that play it, before spilling garbage on the forum?

Im not "pulling off" random numbers and %, i tested the dps of my warlock, ran ToMM with it a bunch of times as dps, spoke with alot of warlocks. How about u dont use other peoples lazyness to excuse your own?

Yes, i ask u to prove, or atleast give me something that supports your claims, that the class is fine, and i just, for some reason, havent found a single warlock that knows how to play it.

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    tom#6998 said:

> @tom#6998 said:

> (Quote)

> who are those good warlocks u are talking about? Do u play one? How about, u dont attempt to speak for other people. Show me some ACT logs from warlocks in ToMM to back up your claims. Or are u only talking out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?

Sure m8, i will make one on preview, will that be fine with you?

Also what claims you speak of? Do i speak it wrong when i see alot of ppl asking bs requests for buffs? Or when they continuasly repeat the same thing "oh this encounter is dog hamster" well news flash all classes have useless stuff , its not only Warlocks.

Also do i say something wrong that even if Warlock does gets buffed, will there be even 10% of those that complain about warlock to even reach to be top dps? Like alot of posts in here are sayin they should remove healing path completly, because all people care is DPS meter, so what did i said wrong when i asked devs to buff Warlock to be top dps :)

Also all of these claims and complains are mostly off completly, u ask me to give you ACT, when ppl are pullin off random numbers and % in their posts, theres like 8% of Warlock players , even less of them that are active, and even if Warlock gets buffed only a handful of them will know how to play it, the rest will go through it like they done b4, unless they make Warlocks 1 tap 1 kill.. problem with warlock is that is less played than other classes, and even if it becomes top dps, players wont be able to reach that, unless they make it easy for them to be top dps.. like extreme buffs.. anyway im all for it ti make warlock top dps, and i can make one on preview if you want someyh proven.

so u are just talking out of your HAMSTER, claiming that all Warlock players just suck and dont know how to play their class.
    How about u actually play the class, or speak with people that play it, before spilling garbage on the forum?

Im not "pulling off" random numbers and %, i tested the dps of my warlock, ran ToMM with it a bunch of times as dps, spoke with alot of warlocks. How about u dont use other peoples lazyness to excuse your own?

Yes, i ask u to prove, or atleast give me something that supports your claims, that the class is fine, and i just, for some reason, havent found a single warlock that knows how to play it.

You are trying to reason with the same dude that said the game was completly fine and in a better state after mod 16 release and even praised the devs for the changes...
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

but i know if i were to build a warlock i will definitely be better than 99% of the curreny warlocks..because class aint hard to play

Do it and show me, you know my ign gonzakotwi we can go on a run anytime you want. If you can beat me with a warlock in dps you can talk anything you like. If not, then shut up because you have nothing to do in a warlock post. you don't see us commenting in barbies posts
    edited October 2019
    E: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...
    phew
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    FYI, it's the same player that asks for undodgeable, infinite stuns for his class in PVP since he has issues to onecycle classes in PVP.. That tells a lot.

> @schietindebux said:

> FYI, it's the same player that asks for undodgeable, infinite stuns for his class in PVP since he has issues to onecycle classes in PVP.. That tells a lot.

Well just to see how you and your warlock frienda care about class balance

Paladin thats the only thing he is good at, and shouldnt be changed, their CC rotation is balancee, since they do not provide damage, just because it annoys you doesnt mean on a whim you have to nerf them to make them useless, just learn to play.

And fighters and barbarians, on dps path they only have 1 stun, on tank path which deals significally less dmg they have 1 stun and 1 prone.. both of these classes are melee and underperforming, the dodge compared to sprint or block wins in every situation, letting some classes to stun through dodge is nothin else than fine.

Warlocks have immunity every time they tap sprint, their sprint lasts longer and they are faster than barbs.. the thread regarding PvP feedback is actually mentioning that while some classes are annoyn, this doesnt mean ur class is less than the others.. stop asking for nerfs on whims and l2p reasons.

so u are here, hating on the warlock community because your class has a -in your opinion- worse tab mechanic? lol
  • mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User

While these changes weren't intended to be a big rebalancing of Warlock or adjust its relative damage compared to other classes, as we wanted the damage stacking changes to be live to see what effect it had on classes compared to each other, we can do an additional boost to some magnitudes after the weekend.

None of these would be functionality changes due to the timeline. And these probably won't be as large as some players would like, but we do want to avoid going too far before we see how the other changes affect the class to class balances.

While i appreciate the attention the warlock is getting this makes me hopeful for the class. And i am not try to by sarcastic with my comment but reading this. Since the damage buff change the warlock is the only one getting a rework it appears if this is not a major rework which the class does need at least on the HB side and maybe some small adjustments on the soulweaver. with the 25% would do too much damage and maybe be in the top of the dps with the damage buff changes?
    I'm sorry, how did a thread on Warlock Adjustments turn into a soapbox for some guy who doesn't even play the class?
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Some dont bother to read the actual posted numbers either at the beginning of the thread by devs.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    It really does feel like ever since the class came out that the devs have been chopping out the things i like.
    Is someone hiding in my room and making a list of things i enjoy about the class and crossing them out in blood under an evil moon?
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.